Which to get Disgaea, FF Lion's War, or Jean d'arc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rawbwilsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 rawbwilsh
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
I am not great at these games. I have played shining force 2, front mission 3, and field commander. I liked all of them. I want kind of an easy one though that I wont really have to reference a strategy guide.
Fire_of_Contee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Fire_of_Contee
Member since 2004 • 248 Posts

FFT is uber hard (For non-TBS people)
Disgaea is godlike but it takes a HUGE amount of time to level your characters to how high they should be.
I wouldg o with Jean d'arc, its pretty easy and the battle systems they use are very user friendly but can get very deep if you want them to.

(i own all three)

rawbwilsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawbwilsh
awesome, thanks for your help.
rawbwilsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawbwilsh
any other tips? I trust you, I just want some more opinons.
owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 owl_of_minerva
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

The advice you've been given is quite sound. However, I never found FF Tactics to be too hard. From memory, it was the first strategy RPG I ever played and I had no problem completing it. It's one of those games where so long as you do a fair bit of level grinding you'll spare yourself headaches when it comes to the nasty boss battles. Moreover, it's one of the best strategy rpgs ever made. Disgaea is likely the least accessible to the beginner: I'd definitely go with the other two.

razrhwk65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 razrhwk65
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hmm... the other comments are true, FFT is challenging if you're new to Strategy games, Disgaea is REALLY fun if you can get all the items and level your people up enough, and Jeanne D Arc is also pretty fun, it was my first game ^__^

Get all three over time if possible, because they're all really good, but if you're just looking for something to pick up for a half hour, play, and put down, you'd get the most out of Jeanne D Arc.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I have all three and Disgaea is easily my favorite. But so far everyone else who put their input in was right. If you're just beginning I'd go with Jeanne D'Arc especially if you say that you are not great at SRPGs.
Evil_Addiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Evil_Addiction
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts
I'd have to say Jeanne D'arc- It has a good graphics and storyline along with memorable characters. Disgea has the same, but it's a bit more time consuming. War of the Lions can be really difficult at times and tests your patience(though it is a good game).
twilight_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 twilight_69
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
FFT is definitely the best (and I didnt find it that hard), but Jeanne d'arc is also decent and really easy
kenvelo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 kenvelo11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
DISGAEA is the best man seriously
Rob740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Rob740
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts
I have all three, but never really gave Disgaea or FF a chance (my brother plays them). But I thought Jeanne D'Arc was awesome. Great gameplay and story. Highly recommend it.