When will UT3 be reviewed by gamespot?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

woja03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 woja03
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
When will UT3 be reviewed?
VietSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VietSkillz
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
just get it the game is on fire. plus it sold out :P
megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megadeth78
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts
Midway didn't give them a copy. They're waiting in line at Best Buy. :P
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

No no no, that's all wrong. They're all looking for bugs and glitches and other ridiculous reasons that can be used to dock points.

For example: "the game is too fun,""the graphics are toogood," "there istoo muchbloodand gore," "the mods are not here yet," "the story succks," and "there is no splitscreen multiplayer,"lol

It'll befunny to see what they do come up with to lower the score.After all, it's a timed exclusive for the PS3 over the 360. :D

kazuya_mishima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kazuya_mishima
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
the main protagonuist will be facing an identity crisis OH NO!!
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
you know we have to wait for the 360 review of UT first...duh
kazuya_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 kazuya_m
Member since 2004 • 1752 Posts
Just an offtopic side note... who brought you ''on the Spot'', ha, who was it, yeah. (need to hide now, getting hot here)
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
Do you really need someone else to review a game before you can say you like it. Just watch the vids and wait for it to come out. People will post opinions. People who actually play the game. And not bogus reviews.
staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

Well because they already did the PC review, and because Epic said that the PS3 version was nearly identical to the PC version, Gamespot is still currently debating how they can lower the score.

Examples include:

1. The game's default control scheme uses the PS3's Sixaxis controller, and we think that's a dumb name. We didn't want to go to the trouble of hooking up a keyboard and mouse because we're busy with our awesome 360 chatpads.

2. It'son the same console as Ratchet and Clank, which we used to like, but don't anymore because they made the game better than previous ones. Conan was just as good apparently.

3. If the game were running on 360 you'd get to hear a lot more of that awesome wind tunnel fan running in your room that makes you turn your volume up like 20% more than when you're playing PS3 games.

Seriously, when I saw that they gave R&C a low score because it had an "identity crisis" just because they fleshed out the game and made it less repetitive, I knew it was over. I was never going to get another good review from GS. My guess is they'll have to bite the bullet and give this one the same score as the PC version. They had to give Assassin's Creed the same score after it bricked too many of their Xbox PleaseFixMe's

megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 megadeth78
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts

the main protagonuist will be facing an identity crisis OH NO!!kazuya_mishima

:lol:

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts
The review should be up before 2008.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

No no no, that's all wrong. They're all looking for bugs and glitches and other ridiculous reasons that can be used to dock points.

For example: "the game is too fun,""the graphics are toogood," "there istoo muchbloodand gore," "the mods are not here yet," "the story succks," and "there is no splitscreen multiplayer,"lol

abdelmessih101

exactly...lol...

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

Well, after all, it did come out before the 360 version. I thought I saw a bunch of "player#" PSN ID's. You think that's GS or some site reviewing. I thought the numbers went to 50 or something...

:P

UgaT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UgaT
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

simple coz gamespot is bias in ps3 format games.... but im sure if there's UT3 for xbots... then i assume that they might score it AAA++ (90+) while ps3 will be 80 ONLY

Avatar image for williamjuly2004
williamjuly2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 williamjuly2004
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts

At least Ign reviewed it 9.0!! Yeah Epic shows the PS3 somelove with a awesome port unlike certain gamingcompanys.

I am looking at u EA u messed Orange Box and I hate u for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts

you know we have to wait for the 360 review of UT first...duhballer72

haha probably.

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

[QUOTE="baller72"]you know we have to wait for the 360 review of UT first...duhrahul_batta

haha probably.

There's gotta be someway the 360 version will show up first when you search for "Unreal Tournament 3"

graze81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 graze81
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
"UT3 features nice graphics, smooth gameplay and it is great mutliplayer fun. But giving the option of keyboard and mouse along with using the Sixaxis hurts the gameplay. More control options will confuse players. Plus, it's not XBL. 5.0/10"
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
I'm lovin' the hell out of UT3 right now. I could really careless about what Gamespot has to say about the game.
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
Itll either be reviewed when they can come up with enough negative **** or in like 20.5 years
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
When they play it..
JaySin8706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JaySin8706
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
as soon as they find a reviewer whose opionion is in line with their corporate advertisers/sponsors. so its probably gonna be awhile.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Itll either be reviewed when they can come up with enough negative **** or in like 20.5 yearsJordanKid

LOL, Will see. But yea maybe. You see that idots GT demo blog, or prolong blog. These guys do look for every tiny thing bad. The first 4 paragraphs of the preview on it are bout how they downloaded vids. Just so they could say it took 30 minutes. 4 dang paragraphs!! Oh and they had a paragraph or 2 on the game also. lol Then on his blo, he like I see no damage bla bla bla. "Yea you dumb F, thats because this is not GT5." I swear, their so jamed up Micros rear, its pitaful.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 punisher1

as soon as they find a reviewer whose opionion is in line with their corporate advertisers/sponsors. so its probably gonna be awhile.JaySin8706

Yea, was thinking the same thing. Always good to know your reviewers are bought off. Almost makes them as fake as movie reviewers.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
If UT3 doesn't get a 9 and Assassin's Creed did then I'm calling shaningans. Ubisoft probably paid for that review, lol. Apparently they will think that UT3 is a Halo ripoff and complain guys run to fast
khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
i agree with the dude that said the 'protagonist is gonna have an identity crisis"
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
this game is probably gonna score a 8.7 or somewhere around there...reason... probably gonna be somthing like no splitscreen and crappy mic function :S
Fr3SHBOi1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fr3SHBOi1991
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

lolZ U prObabLy GAve dem da IDea and Now there gonna USe ...and give it a 7.5 lolol

"UT3 features nice graphics, smooth gameplay and it is great mutliplayer fun. But giving the option of keyboard and mouse along with using the Sixaxis hurts the gameplay. More control options will confuse players. Plus, it's not XBL. 5.0/10"graze81

lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
They are probably waiting till after Christmas to review so that people who actually check the reviews first won't buy it during the holiday season. So they are trying to break sales really. Whatever.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
who knows...i really wanna see the reasons they come up for it being lower that the pc version when it comes out
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
Their waiting for Epic's check to clear and to see if it will be bigger than the one M$ is willing to give to get a better score on the 3fixme.
Avatar image for LEATHERFACE1550
LEATHERFACE1550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LEATHERFACE1550
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
yea this is DAMN GOOD GAME GET IT
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts

Well, after all, it did come out before the 360 version. I thought I saw a bunch of "player#" PSN ID's. You think that's GS or some site reviewing. I thought the numbers went to 50 or something...

:P

UTXII

The player#'s mean that its a new person joining the game, the higher the number, meaning the higher number of people who joined your game, after others left. Their names just didnt load fully yet.
hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 hockeyfreak
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
there are games that are rated on the xbox 360 and there not rated on the ps3 yet so i dont think it matters. it probably will get rated long before the 360 version comes out. look go see the black site game its rated on the pc and xbox is it on the ps3 yet? no so ur argument doesnt mean anything
nebacadneezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nebacadneezer
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts
I think the best part is everyone here knows that gamespot has a MS co*k up their pooper. And they refuse to do anything about it, namely rate games fairly. the editors are such whores to the system, its disgusting. oh crap, gtg, forum admin coming to remove truthful post, they're not used to that around here.
jams_shop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jams_shop
Member since 2004 • 973 Posts

Midway didn't give them a copy. They're waiting in line at Best Buy. :Pmegadeth78

that was funny :lol: by the way who's waiting for GS review we all know it's going to disappoint. Do they at least own a PS3?

GS: "The game runs well, no framedrops and great graphics, but I just didn't like how good the game was" score 7.5

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
Whats funny is that the PS3 version will get reviewed, then later the 360 version will come out, be exactly the same or even inferieur (though no mods pretty much renders it obsolete already) to the PS3 version yet still get like, 0.2-0.5 higher for no reason making these forums exsplode...
BTBAM127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BTBAM127
Member since 2006 • 2522 Posts

lolZ U prObabLy GAve dem da IDea and Now there gonna USe ...and give it a 7.5 lolol

[QUOTE="graze81"]"UT3 features nice graphics, smooth gameplay and it is great mutliplayer fun. But giving the option of keyboard and mouse along with using the Sixaxis hurts the gameplay. More control options will confuse players. Plus, it's not XBL. 5.0/10"Fr3SHBOi1991

is your keyboard broken? anyway. its kind of a weird situation the reviewer is probably thinkign of some stuff to nit pick about like " the bots on the highest difficulty are to hard!" and then trying to not get fired if he gives it a low score so i say 8.5

7th_Day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 7th_Day
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
I just got ut3 and Its reallygreat funto play. I don't put too much stock in what gamespot says anymore as I think they've got it wrong on more than a few reviews. They are for sure biast and go more for the 360....why? I don't know. All those 360's do is overheat and die. But hey, lets go spend $400 on one so it can break in like 5 minutes and then microsoft can give me crappy support for an inferior product. yOU KNOW THE 360 SUXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx anyway.
btkiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 btkiz
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts

Why do you need the review? We all know what it's going to be:

PS3: 3.5 for whatever problems they might make up

XB360: 9.5 - they used the short amount of time to fix all of the problems on the PS3 version and make this version far superior to anything on the PS3

we all know that's what is going to happen so don't sweat it

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
For all we know, Epic may have paid them to not give it a review, for we all know itll be a forum-worthy crowd killer.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

Well because they already did the PC review, and because Epic said that the PS3 version was nearly identical to the PC version, Gamespot is still currently debating how they can lower the score.

Examples include:

1. The game's default control scheme uses the PS3's Sixaxis controller, and we think that's a dumb name. We didn't want to go to the trouble of hooking up a keyboard and mouse because we're busy with our awesome 360 chatpads.

2. It'son the same console as Ratchet and Clank, which we used to like, but don't anymore because they made the game better than previous ones. Conan was just as good apparently.

3. If the game were running on 360 you'd get to hear a lot more of that awesome wind tunnel fan running in your room that makes you turn your volume up like 20% more than when you're playing PS3 games.

Seriously, when I saw that they gave R&C a low score because it had an "identity crisis" just because they fleshed out the game and made it less repetitive, I knew it was over. I was never going to get another good review from GS. My guess is they'll have to bite the bullet and give this one the same score as the PC version. They had to give Assassin's Creed the same score after it bricked too many of their Xbox PleaseFixMe's

staley6565

That has to be the best post I have ever read! :lol:

Anyway, my guess is, they'll go The Orange Box on us and refer us to the PC review. :roll:

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 punisher1
I am just glad lots of people know about the bogus reviews they give here.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Maybe they post a review once the 360 version is out.
DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaddyLongCaddy
Member since 2007 • 844 Posts

Examples include:

staley6565

Post of the Century.

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts

Whenever they do review UT3, it will undoubtedly increase traffic for the game on the forums. It will also most likely contribute to more sales. Whatever their reasons for not reviewing it yet, I hope they get on it before too long, so we can get as many people as possible online.

By the way, the game is utterly fantastic. I'm even really enjoying the single player campaign. It serves as a great extended tutorial on weapons, strategies, maps, etc. My only problem is the friendly AI on the normal difficulty. They'll grab the orb, head for the right node, and instead of planting the damn thing, they decide to engage every nearby enemy in a firefight! I mean, come on! Just grab the node already! Geez!

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
man i cant play this game til christmas and its just sittin there starin at me, lol. i wanna play so bad. hey how is the "warfare" mode? i saw that tournament that gamespot held and it looked awesome, but if ive never played UT before do u think ill like it, or will i have to kinda get in the groove first?
Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Neo1O1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
I'm giving myself this game as my personal Christmas gift regardless of GameSpot's review.
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts

I'm giving myself this game as my personal Christmas gift regardless of GameSpot's review.Neo1O1

Me too. I'll be buying this game and kNiGHTS for the Wii for christmas for myself...until then I'm going to beat Drake's and kick some more ass in CoD4.