What's so special about the Resistance series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 WasacreOL
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

I am a PS3 owner of 4 years and I really don't get the hype for these games.

I've played all of them. (Yes even the PSP one.)

But it just feels like a shooter with aliens and some unique guns.

Even the story isnt that interesting.

I'm not bashing on it or anything but seriously...

This is one of the few exclusives I never really cared about.

Am I the only one? :(

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Nothing really, I found it to be a pretty generic FPS to be quite honest. I know other will disagree though.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

Enjoyed Fall of man.. but my friends nagged me to take r2 online right away caused me to skip the sp and i rather hated the changes made online that i just got rid of the game..

probably pick r2 back up before r3 for story.. but as it stands for multiplayer r1 was good r2 sucked so a decent series..

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WasacreOL

Enjoyed Fall of man.. but my friends nagged me to take r2 online right away caused me to skip the sp and i rather hated the changes made online that i just got rid of the game..

probably pick r2 back up before r3 for story.. but as it stands for multiplayer r1 was good r2 sucked so a decent series..

NaughtyRag

Soo what's so good about it then? I heard the MP went to the COD world. Never tried the MP though.

Ewan-Lumsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ewan-Lumsden
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts

I like the multiplayer and the massive enemies you face in the campaign

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
u just dont like it..thats cool.. ur opinion and all.. i LOVE the story and the weapons and the chimera and have no complaint about it... the mp could be better though which r3 seems to be improving.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
[QUOTE="WasacreOL"]

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

Soo what's so good about it then? I heard the MP went to the COD world. Never tried the MP though.

No it is way different from COD and has a solid CO-OP mode online.
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
u just dont like it..thats cool.. ur opinion and all.. i LOVE the story and the weapons and the chimera and have no complaint about it... the mp could be better though which r3 seems to be improving.campzor
This. I agree 100%. I like everything about it. The fact of being a super soldier tasked with saving humanity against a fierce relentless enemy makes the desperation pretty big. Also the setting combined with the weapons and the compelling story IMO makes the series great. With the Resistance series it's either you love it or you hate it.
BlackendV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlackendV
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
I like the concept of fighting aliens with older weapons. Most alien shooting games now you have modern weapons and tech to fight back. This makes it feel like a struggle until you steal their own weapons.
smtgfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 smtgfx
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts
Resistance was driven by hype and I also fell for it. There is nothing special. Plain old FPS with terrible gameplay and story. The only thing I liked about it were the graphics but even then you were not given enough time to look around or given a reason to do so. Terrible exclusive and I for one would not buy R3.
BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Its a really fun, fast paced FPS. The story is pretty good.

NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

Nothing really, I found it to be a pretty generic FPS to be quite honest. I know other will disagree though.

caseystryker

I agree with this.

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

i know its your opinion, but in my opinion i think the resistance series is great.... my favourie series on playstation 3 and i can't wait for the 3rd game!

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

The first one was great, the second was generic.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I only played the first one. It had its moments but it's still sitting half finished on my shelf.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#17 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Everything is opinion. Not everyone will find that series appeal to them. Like I don't see the hype of MGS or Gran Turismo.

Personally I like Resistance: Fall of Man, but dislike Resistance 2. And from the looks of the next one, I'm going to like Resistance 3.

claytonjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 claytonjoseph
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

I took me awhile to get into Resistance 1,longer than it takes me to get into most games. Then I loved it, not exactly sure why. Cool variety of enemies, enemies that take tons of ammo to take down, good graphics, good sound, plenty of environment variety, ample gun variety & very fun to play. Meh, who knows why it's considered a good game.

It sounds to me like you are internally measuring Resistance 1 against a different game you truly like, a game you haven't mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if the game you aren't mentioning is a 360 game, & you are a regular commentor in system wars, & this is your attempt a starting a little cross-forum drama.

Maybe you just need to play Resistance 1 a little longer, or maybe you just don't like it. But seems a little odd you would start a discussion about something you don't like, inviting people to either side with or disagree with you (drama).

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Can't say I'm a big fan of the series. Didn't like the first one and really only liked the co-op in the second.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

The first one was great, the second was generic.

hanslacher54

^And I'll agree with the Lion King avatar guy too.

The story, MP and SP in the first one was great. The second fell flat on its face. The massive enemies were pretty fun to fight though.

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WasacreOL

Resistance was driven by hype and I also fell for it. There is nothing special. Plain old FPS with terrible gameplay and story. The only thing I liked about it were the graphics but even then you were not given enough time to look around or given a reason to do so. Terrible exclusive and I for one would not buy R3.smtgfx

I agree mostly to what you said but there are other terrible exclusives out there. :D

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WasacreOL

I took me awhile to get into Resistance 1,longer than it takes me to get into most games. Then I loved it, not exactly sure why. Cool variety of enemies, enemies that take tons of ammo to take down, good graphics, good sound, plenty of environment variety, ample gun variety & very fun to play. Meh, who knows why it's considered a good game.

It sounds to me like you are internally measuring Resistance 1 against a different game you truly like, a game you haven't mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if the game you aren't mentioning is a 360 game, & you are a regular commentor in system wars, & this is your attempt a starting a little cross-forum drama.

Maybe you just need to play Resistance 1 a little longer, or maybe you just don't like it. But seems a little odd you would start a discussion about something you don't like, inviting people to either side with or disagree with you (drama).

claytonjoseph

Nah I'm not man. I havent tried much shooters when R1 came out but that was one of the few games that never really kept me going. I'm sorry if I may seem to look like a troll. I'm just stating my opinion and wondering if others feel the same way..

claytonjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 claytonjoseph
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

[QUOTE="claytonjoseph"]

WasacreOL

Nah I'm not man. I havent tried much shooters when R1 came out but that was one of the few games that never really kept me going. I'm sorry if I may seem to look like a troll. I'm just stating my opinion and wondering if others feel the same way..

Not calling you a troll, was just kidding (system wars/drama comment). Thought my unfounded leap of assumption might make you laugh (absurd statements make me laugh). People always tell me I'm not funny, but I ignorethat & keep trying to be. Sorry you don't dig Resistance 1, it took me almost 2 levels to appreciate it.