What would you people like to see on the PS4.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
I make the thread here because on systems wars it would get derailed into a fan fight. What do you people would want to see on the PS4. Great specs More centralized OS. Android. Bigger PSN+ discounts and newer games faster. I my self would love home centralization,not just an separate app,make home the central hub,make everything move around it,not feel like something apart,i know that if sony work it can make it happen,you can already launch games from within home,and other many other stuff and with internet connections getting faster and faster.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#2 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I'm quite happy with the PS3 and have no desire to see the PS4 for a while but when it arrives, besides the obvious increase in power, I'd like:

• full compability with all my previous PS3 games (disc and from PSN)
  • a massive harddrive

If the price is above four/five hundred dollars, I'll likely wait a while before getting one as I have quite the PS3 backlog to worth through.

IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

No cell processor

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

Very good specs to make sure the system doesn't go out of date anytime soon, compatible with PS3 games, and cross game chat. That's all I'm asking for.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

PS3/PS2 backwards compatability

faster blu ray drive

high end specs

large hard drives, and the ability to install the full game to the hard drive

dual television support or single 4k television

much more integrated psn

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

Well, in terms of games:

Naughty Dog: Definitly an Uncharted 4, probably in 2014 as the Last of Us is slated for next year (different teams but Sony probably wants 1 ND game per year)

Guerilla: I'm torn between a Killzone 4 and a New IP. Launch Title

Sucker Punch: Definitly a new IP, people who played Infamous 2 know why, Launch title.

Team ICO: Maybe The Last Guardian has been moved to PS4.

Media Molocule: Maybe a 3D LBP game, they're already making a new IP for vita. 2014

Polyphony: GT6, in 2015:cool:

Evolution: A Motorstorm Reboot which showcases the graphical effects of the PS4. Launch Title

In terms of the dashboard, I still like the XMB and how it's not cluttered like the 360 dashboard. Maybe Sony could add a spot specifically for PS Blog updates, that would be pretty useful. Also, Home should return. There are plenty of people that still use it. Also, maybe the ability to rent games for say 24 Hours or a week or two. Oh, and Party Chat is essential.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

Oh and playable used games along with PS3 backwards compatibility

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Not much aside from improved graphics.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts
Faster install times More Exclusives that are gameplay based (no beyond two souls and heavy rain) ps4 should be lead platform for the Elder scrolls 6 cross game chat Voice chat in PM More people with mics online Edit: backwards compatability Also some exclusives I would like to see Infamous 3 Little big planet 3 JAK 4 Ps allstars 2 (Ps allstars won't be perfect since it's first game.hopefully Sony learns) A new uncharted but with a new protagonist and time setting
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

-inFAMOUS 3

-have their 1st party developers focus back on gameplay (I especially want to see Naughty Dog focus their talent on this)

-a decent price

-something new/original

-backwards compatibility

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'd like to see a Bugs Bunny-style 16 ton weight dropped on it.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

I'm quite happy with the PS3 and have no desire to see the PS4 for a while but when it arrives, besides the obvious increase in power, I'd like:

• full compability with all my previous PS3 games (disc and from PSN)
  • a massive harddrive

If the price is above four/five hundred dollars, I'll likely wait a while before getting one as I have quite the PS3 backlog to worth through.

d_parker
This and if there's something I DON'T want on the PS4 it would be KH3, since they're releasing the HD collections on PS3 it would really suck if they released KH3 on a different console, but knowing how Square Enix likes to throw KH on different consoles...
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Is too much to ask for playing PS2 games? all games not a select amount, ALL! I want to play Madden 2003 again :P! Games that don't have Installation before playing!
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
games mostly
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Able to put in multiple disc at a time.

TheDarkWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheDarkWayne
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

Backwards compatibility.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

No cell processor.. Which is confirmed.. but without the cell processor we won't be able to play ps3 games.. until or unles they are ported over to the new processor..

Backward support is alllll about the processor it was developed on and the one you're trying to get it to work on. But with a more dev friendly main stream AMD processor thats rumored. I dont think the 360 will be a lea platform for devs anymore. That alone is a HUGE plus.. for multiplats anyway.

aquaspin2win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aquaspin2win
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

simply backwards compadility with PS3 and more cloud gamming

aquaspin2win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aquaspin2win
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

simply backwards compadility with PS3 and more cloud gamming

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos

No cell processor.. Which is confirmed.. but without the cell processor we won't be able to play ps3 games.. until or unles they are ported over to the new processor..

Backward support is alllll about the processor it was developed on and the one you're trying to get it to work on. But with a more dev friendly main stream AMD processor thats rumored. I dont think the 360 will be a lea platform for devs anymore. That alone is a HUGE plus.. for multiplats anyway.

Bishop1310
I don't think it will be backward compatible,not with the changes in hardware unless it packs a Cell CPU,because the RSX should be more than easy to emulate by the PS4 GPU,but is Cell the biggest problem i think.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#21 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

I guess I can post here because even though I don't own a PS3 yet, I will be choosing PS4 over Xbox 3 next generation (unless MS pulls something huge).

• 1080p resolution for all games, with no games playing at sub-1080p resolutions. The PS3 and Xbox 360 supposedly run at 720p, but most games run at sub-HD resolutions. Call of Duty Black Ops ran at 540p, for example, Battlefield 3 was missing 40 pixels, and Halo 3 ran at "640p".
  • Backwards compatability, even for online play
  • Hybrid drives
  • Free online (obviously)
  • Used games and restriction of online passes
  • Support for other devices. I would like to be able to pair my Android with my PS4 to play music wirelessly through my speakers.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos

I guess I can post here because even though I don't own a PS3 yet, I will be choosing PS4 over Xbox 3 next generation (unless MS pulls something huge).

• 1080p resolution for all games, with no games playing at sub-1080p resolutions. The PS3 and Xbox 360 supposedly run at 720p, but most games run at sub-HD resolutions. Call of Duty Black Ops ran at 540p, for example, Battlefield 3 was missing 40 pixels, and Halo 3 ran at "640p".
  • Hybrid drives
  • Support for other devices. I would like to be able to pair my Android with my PS4 to play music wirelessly through my speakers.
realguitarhero5
I think 1080p is a given the GPU that both the 720 and PS4will get on PC now can do 1080p 60FPS is most games if not all. Backward compatibility is going to be tricky for sony if they dumped cell.sure there are more powerful CPU than cell,but emulation requires extreme power,the PS3 basically could not emulate the PS2. There is rumors that sony has an Apu with 4 SPE for cell emulation but that is just rumors,i hope there is day 1 backward compatibility or even enhance modes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

• Hybrid drives
tormentos
I think 1080p is a given the GPU that both the 720 and PS4will get on PC now can do 1080p 60FPS is most games if not all. Backward compatibility is going to be tricky for sony if they dumped cell.sure there are more powerful CPU than cell,but emulation requires extreme power,the PS3 basically could not emulate the PS2. There is rumors that sony has an Apu with 4 SPE for cell emulation but that is just rumors,i hope there is day 1 backward compatibility or even enhance modes.

Actually, the GPU that supposedly will be in the PS4 is based off the AMD 7670, which, if you know anything about GPUs, is not that great. The 7670 is basically a rebranded 6670. Think 30 fps average in Crysis 2 at 1080p. It's a low end card. And I don't have a problem with a revamped cell processor. Something I forgot to add, though, is it needs to have a boatload of memory. The console should have at least 4 gigs of RAM (as opposed to the 256 mb the PS3 has) and the videocard should have at least 1.5 gigs of VRAM (as opposed to 256 mb VRAM). That is a cheap way to keep the console futureproofed.
zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

I just want to see a more open platform which if they add Andriod support like the OP mentions that would suit me. I also like the idea of them expanding the Day 1 digital releases to include all major releases. I love digital downloads for some reason. Also, the usuals, like an easier to develop for but way more powerful graphics chipset.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts
Apart from the basics which a next gen console should have I really just want it to have a lot of games, especially at launch.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

All I would like it to have out the door is full backwards compatibility with PS3 and PS+ titles.

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

the android idea was nice!!! good job. I would like to have more functions with the system. better ui, cell phones have better internet experience. changeable graphic cards.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

graphics to be improved and i want a console what does not have any frame rate issues, we should be passed this now, and load times should be quicker.

And NO backwards capabilities, for everyone who wants it, you have a ps3 for that stick with it, i don't need sony having to worry about putting that in just for you lot and i don't even get it, a new piece of hardware comes out and the first thing you want is that it can play last gen games :S beyond me, why do u need it??

if you play ps3 games now then surely you have a ps3 keep it and use that, and dont buy a ps4 simple,

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

I really hope they use that cloud storage company to finally implenent full PS1-3 backward compatibility via streaming. At least that way, it wouldn't affect the cost of the system as they wouldn't needed any extra hardware.

Even though this is just wishful thinking FFVII HD as a suprise launch title.:D

1. 8X Blu Ray drive to minimize loading times.
  2. 1Tb hard drive being that downloading software is where everyone's heading
  3. The expected power/graphics upgrade.
  4. As long as we can play every game natively in 1080p and 3D no longer takes a hit on the system, I'll be fine. I really don't see much need to support 2K/4K resolutions, even though you know Sony will years down the road, much like they did with 3D in the current system. It's just, like 3D now, the system is going to take a hit rendering games that way. It would need monster hardware to run games at 2K let alone 4K.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Would it be possible to release a patch on the PS4/Xbox 3 that allows them to overclock PS3/Xbox 360 games? Why load up GTA IV or Dark Souls on a new console which has vastly improved hardware and still suffer from the same framerate problems?

graphics to be improved and i want a console what does not have any frame rate issues, we should be passed this now, and load times should be quicker.

And NO backwards capabilities, for everyone who wants it, you have a ps3 for that stick with it, i don't need sony having to worry about putting that in just for you lot and i don't even get it, a new piece of hardware comes out and the first thing you want is that it can play last gen games :S beyond me, why do u need it??

if you play ps3 games now then surely you have a ps3 keep it and use that, and dont buy a ps4 simple,

bezza2011
Hybrid drives, I tell you! And what's wrong with backwards compatibility? I don't want to have to unhook one of my new consoles and hook up an old 360 or PS3 to play one of the older games. Backwards compatibility allows for consolidation. I will keep my old consoles, but that doesn't mean that I will always have them connected. They will probably sit in a closet.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Would it be possible to release a patch on the PS4/Xbox 3 that allows them to overclock PS3/Xbox 360 games? Why load up GTA IV or Dark Souls on a new console which has vastly improved hardware and still suffer from the same framerate problems? [QUOTE="bezza2011"]

realguitarhero5

Hybrid drives, I tell you! And what's wrong with backwards compatibility? I don't want to have to unhook one of my new consoles and hook up an old 360 or PS3 to play one of the older games. Backwards compatibility allows for consolidation. I will keep my old consoles, but that doesn't mean that I will always have them connected. They will probably sit in a closet.

but you buy new hardware or new anything for the new not to play old games, the problem really comes down to the fact it isn't as straight forward as people think making a console be able to be backwards compatible, it takes time and money and effort, it also takes room up in the new hardware, it also means extra software and extra time on that design than focusing on the new hardware, i'd rather them concentrate on the future and not worry about how to play past games on it, i mean when i buy the ps4 i'm not buying to play ps3 games i've got one of them, i'm buying it to play ps4 games.

i do understand it would be nice to have 1 machine what plays everything but the reality is, your losing something what could improve the ps4 just for that, which then brings out other complications of how to code it and making sure every game is coded properly, to allow it to play.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I want 2 bluray slots so I can watch 2 movies at the same time.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#33 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I want it to have enough power and ease of use that the devs have no solid reason not to create great games.No more of this "it lacks power to really get creative" horsesh!t. I really only want it to focus on games, not try to be a all in one media hub. I already have on of those, it's what I'm using to post this message.

-

BC would be nice, but I keep my old systems so it's not a huge deal if it's not.

-

I would love to see some tweaks to the controller.

1. Concaved thumbsticks. My hands get clammy when I play and I'm constantly re-positioning them.
  2. Better triggers. I feel like I'm always at risk of slippage here too.
  3. 10% bigger. They've done a great job keeping the weight down, so it could see a small increase in size.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#34 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

No need for it any time soon but I wanna see:

1) More reliability. System needs to be as reliable as the ps2 or the gamecube.

2) Smoother gameplay. Nothing wrong with gameplay now, but there are games that have slow downs and what not.

3) A system that is easier to develope multiplats for.

4) Last but not least, better JRPG exclusives. Ps2 shined in this department. Ps3 lacks in this department.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Backwards compatability, redesigned controller, and better graphics.

The current controller button layout is fine I hope they always leave the D-Pad where it is. They just need to beefen up the controller a little more so it fits your hands better ( at least my hands) I can't wait to try out the Wii U controller to see if that layout will work better.

And in terms of next generation in general I think the biggest thing we need is a more diverse lineup of games. The majority of games released this gen were 1st person and 3rd person shooters. We need to see a return of platformers and JRPG's. And less focus on high budget AAA games with huge budgets and advertisement campaigns.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#36 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

for hardware power, id like 1080p games to be the standard. it seems about right for where tv's are at now. i also worry about development costs rising and what that will do for the types of games getting made.

i do want an architecture that is easier for everybody to develop on (not just exclusive developers that focus on it), but i'd like backwards compatibility too (i'd even settle for ps2 games). between the two, i'd pick a less convoluted architecture.

i'd like sony to work more with smaller developers too. they've done a good job this generation of scouting for talent and letting those developers make their games, but you can't fill out a library with that alone. they need to make the ps4 a welcoming platform for developers to come to them. rework the storefront for ad space, come up with fair patch fees for games of all sizes, and get development kits out there.

also, i'd like a balance between the hardware as a game device and as a multimedia hub. i like that i can use my ps3 to experience a variety of mediums, but i still want to get right into a game as well. there should be standard options for automatically downloading patches and firmware updates before i sit down to play a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Also,I want to see the price of DLC scale the longer it is out. It may have made sense to pay $10 for Pinnacle Station or the CoD4 map pack back in '07 or' 08, but it is hard to justify paying that in 2012.

Pandora012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pandora012
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

All I really want is backwards compatibility. I want to be able to play all my Ps3, Ps2, and PsX games on it.

jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

YLOD 2 !!

jayd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 jayd02
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

I feel the only thing that really held back the PS3 was the RAM, and the learning curve. Hopefully Sony has taken this into consideration and will fix them for the next. Graphics will obviously be better but I'm not too worried. This generation still looks great and still has potential. Developers just need to stop being lazy and put in the extra effort.

PS4 will support 4k. I'm pretty sure sony already announced that. Then with what they have already announced they just need to make sure they have at least 1 gig of ram. That is the minimum that should be in both the PS4 and the 720.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

I feel the only thing that really held back the PS3 was the RAM, and the learning curve. Hopefully Sony has taken this into consideration and will fix them for the next. Graphics will obviously be better but I'm not too worried. This generation still looks great and still has potential. Developers just need to stop being lazy and put in the extra effort.

PS4 will support 4k. I'm pretty sure sony already announced that. Then with what they have already announced they just need to make sure they have at least 1 gig of ram. That is the minimum that should be in both the PS4 and the 720.

jayd02
Dude, it needs, like, 2-4 gigs of RAM and 1.5-3 gigs of VRAM for it to really have the longevity. RAM is cheap, but if Sony ships the thing without enough memory, they can't undo it.
jayd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 jayd02
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="jayd02"]

realguitarhero5

Dude, it needs, like, 2-4 gigs of RAM and 1.5-3 gigs of VRAM for it to really have the longevity. RAM is cheap, but if Sony ships the thing without enough memory, they can't undo it.

I know it does. I said at least 1, the minimum. It needs 4 gigs yes but we never know what they are going to do.