What will it take to get you to buy Haze?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

I have heard about the gamestop/ebgames offer of where you buy the game and if you return it within one week of that purchase you get a full refund of instore credit. I still don't think thats enough for me, its not really what I want. In order for me to consider buying this game it has to recieve an avg review of 9.0 on gamerankings preferably a 9.5. Why so high because I have cod4 to play and in a few months killzone/resistance 2 will be out. Another thing that would make me consider buying this game is if they included a mapmaker with it to where you can play those created maps online as well. Its going to take a lot more than a full refund to get me to buy the game. I don't have anything against the company that made the game as a matter of fact I like the company alot but in this case with this game they are in a bad spot unless they have a hell of a lot to offer.

MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts

I don't care abouth the reviews!

I'm still buying it ! If the reviewer doesn't like the game that doesn't mean I won't!

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Good online support. A FPS with poorly designed online or none is a no buy for me.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

The only things that would convince me to get Haze are my own interest (which is extremely high) and to know that Free Radical is making it (which they are). Reviews couldn't possibly mean less to me, and whether or not Haze gets a 3 or a 10 will not influence me at all.

I've had my eye on Haze since it was announced, and I think it looks like a great game. Knowing that Free Radical is making it makes my excitement level go up even more.

Haze is a day one purchase for me, and I can't wait for it's release.

SSJBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 SSJBen
Member since 2003 • 7071 Posts

Nothing. I don't care about Haze, it may be very well the defacto standard on the PS3 for FPS(aside from UT3 and COD4 that is) but I don't see how it will be worth $60.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
All it would take for me to buy Haze is release.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
MY interest in the game. If i listened to everyone else out there, i wouldn't have tried Conan and i liked it. People worry too much about what everyone else thinks anymore. I like or am interested in a game, i'll give it a try. well, unless the words Barbie or Horse Adventures are in the title. Then i may listen to others :)
tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

It finally getting released would be a start, and as long as it's a good game.

Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#9 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts
All I need is for it to come out fianlly.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Seriously, just don't buy the game. Resistance 2 and Killzone has the potential to be great games similar to COD4, but it's possible that they can score an 8.5, or flop. So by your logic, if KZ2/R2 don't get 9.0 or higher, doesn't have a mapmaker, then you shouldn't get those games either. You favor those games more than Haze because of what, the delays? Maybe you know something that we don't.

No one is trying to impress you to get anything. Free Radical has a good rep and I'm almost certain that they will deliver. Haze, once released, will be in my collection.

I have heard about the gamestop/ebgames offer of where you buy the game and if you return it within one week of that purchase you get a full refund of instore credit. I still don't think thats enough for me, its not really what I want. In order for me to consider buying this game it has to recieve an avg review of 9.0 on gamerankings preferably a 9.5. Why so high because I have cod4 to play and in a few months killzone/resistance 2 will be out. Another thing that would make me consider buying this game is if they included a mapmaker with it to where you can play those created maps online as well. Its going to take a lot more than a full refund to get me to buy the game. I don't have anything against the company that made the game as a matter of fact I like the company alot but in this case with this game they are in a bad spot unless they have a hell of a lot to offer.

odin2019
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mazing87

The only things that would convince me to get Haze are my own interest (which is extremely high) and to know that Free Radical is making it (which they are). Reviews couldn't possibly mean less to me, and whether or not Haze gets a 3 or a 10 will not influence me at all.

I've had my eye on Haze since it was announced, and I think it looks like a great game. Knowing that Free Radical is making it makes my excitement level go up even more.

Haze is a day one purchase for me, and I can't wait for it's release.

nyc05
+1
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
i was at one point touting haze as a must buy for all ps3 users (though my arm of influence is confined to my own 5'10'' frame, but I digress). Unfortunately my interest in Haze has declined because there are so many games that are coming out in the next few months that I won't have the time to play all of them. THe constant delays have lead me to other titles (I would have bought Haze before COD4). Im getting HSG:out of bounds next week, GTA4, and then the mother of all games MGS4 which I just preordered. I am also looking for a used copy of Uncharted because I don't want to pay full price for a game that has been out for a while. So all in all it looks like I am spending quite a bit of time and money. So in conclusion it is going to take something extraordinary (almost apolcolyptic) for me to buy Haze.
emeritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emeritus
Member since 2003 • 859 Posts

Going on FreeRadicals track record, Haze is a must buy for me.

A little feedback prior to release though will either reaffirm me that the game is good or tell me what slight problems I'll have to deal with, I'm expecting (what games are perfect anyways)

Game reviews don't really mean much nowadays as peoples gaming tastes are radically different, I'm a big fan of the Dynasty/Samurai Warrior series and western reviewers almost always give them awful scores.

paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
About $64.19. No jk, I'm getting it.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
That full refund deal is enough for me to try it. I don't think they would do that if the game is really bad. Its one of thos "IF your not completely satisfied return it for a full refund" deals and those usually end up being quality
stickstick86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stickstick86
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
im buying it..
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I would have to find it in the bargain bins for in excellent condition for 5 euro like i did with "Gitaroo man lives, Xenosaga II and Onimusha4"

Edit: And We love katamari!
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
Im buying it no matter what
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zaid55
Heres another reason to buy Haze: The DEVS who are behind the greatest series of all time:

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
What will it take to get you to buy Haze?MKLOL
Good reviews from multiple sources. A demo would also help.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 l-_-l
Heres another reason to buy Haze: The DEVS who are behind the greatest series of all time:
zaid55
What you talkin bout willis???? They didn't make the Half Life series, Valve did.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
I buying it anyway.
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zaid55
[QUOTE="zaid55"]Heres another reason to buy Haze: The DEVS who are behind the greatest series of all time:
l-_-l
What you talkin bout willis???? They didn't make the Half Life series, Vavle did.

What! valve was behind the Half Life series? ALL these years i ve been lied to!!!!
zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zatoninja
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
As far as I know, you can play 4-player Co-op in the main campaign, name another FPS on the PS3 that will let you do that.
canydhour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 canydhour
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
It looks like a really good game and I need a kick-ass shooter for my PS3. Haven't played shooters in a long time so I'll pick up this game once I'm certain it's a good game. Some game reviewers don't know what a good game is these days so I don't even trust their reviews anymore. xD
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
I could care less about this game i would rather play Halo then play Haze and i freaking hate Halo but one thing that would make me buy the game is if it got a AAA if it got this then i would buy it if not i dont care i wasnt interested the day they announced it
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Well, Im already buying this game.

Its Free Radical. The main reason this game is being hate is cause its a PS3 exclusive (which means that most people including reviewers will criticize it for not being 4D just to jump on the lemmings (not as 360 fanboys) side; and cause its been delayes several times).

Now, how many other good games have been delayed several times?

Final Fantasy XII, Twilight Princess were both delayed 2 years, or has everyone forgot Nintendo saying: Hey, Twilight Princess November 2004?

the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts
some sick multiplayer sure would help this game.... i am very attracted to the split-screen in this game(finally someone remembers about this old feature)
xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xboxdevil
Member since 2006 • 1170 Posts
My own desire to play this game, which I've been excited about since early last year. No one's opinion will change that.
SirisKurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SirisKurt
Member since 2003 • 93 Posts

So either
1)You can't buy games that much
2)You haven't been playing attention to the game
3)You don't have online

The co-op features have had me from the start. I'd preorder it if I had the money.

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
A demo. I wanna test drive this game to see how good it is.
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zaid55

Good to see people interested in this game

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

Just for it to be released.
It's not going to get a 9+ on gamerankings, neither will Killzone 2 or Resistance 2 :).

Metreview is totally better aswell, don't know why people use gamrankings :P

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

So either
1)You can't buy games that much
2)You haven't been playing attention to the game
3)You don't have online

The co-op features have had me from the start. I'd preorder it if I had the money.

SirisKurt

Totally agree :D
I've got the money but I don't see the need in pre-ordering games at the moment, not like it's going to be in short demmand.
--HazyShade--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 --HazyShade--
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
Release day. :roll:
parchisi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 parchisi
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
The story should be in depth, which appeals to me a lot. The asymetric fighting with Nectar sounds like it should at least be interesting, and since I've liked all of Free Radicals past games, there's no reason for me to believe I won't like this one.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
A demo. I wanna test drive this game to see how good it is.email2003
me too but the only thing that can change my mind is a AAA ranking of the game otherwise i dont want anything to do with this thing
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

What will it take to get you to buy Haze?odin2019

A release! Just a g****mn release!

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It looks average, but I'm still buying it.
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
Is there any new gameplay footage?
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Only way ill get Haze is if i get it for free :)
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mazing87

Get the game because you have an interest in it or you have the money and time to try something new. Screw most of the reviews. Some of you failed to see a pattern of the poor reviews that have come out as of late, especially right here. Ratchet & Clank review, Uncharted review, and the poorest review of them all, Army of Two. So yea, you all can rely on reviews. :roll:

Oh and to all that feel they need to be so impressed with Free Radical's offering in order to try the game, what is Guerilla doing that is so impressive to have you convinced to buy KZ2 (other than the graphics)?

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

Seriously, just don't buy the game. Resistance 2 and Killzone has the potential to be great games similar to COD4, but it's possible that they can score an 8.5, or flop. So by your logic, if KZ2/R2 don't get 9.0 or higher, doesn't have a mapmaker, then you shouldn't get those games either. You favor those games more than Haze because of what, the delays? Maybe you know something that we don't.

No one is trying to impress you to get anything. Free Radical has a good rep and I'm almost certain that they will deliver. Haze, once released, will be in my collection.

[QUOTE="odin2019"]

mrvic87

Odds are I won't buy it. I don't go by those standarts of avg 9 or 9.5 for most games but seeing as I'm not in a need right now for an fps game then the standards are going to be higher than usual. Now if an fps game had not been released in awhile or I have not been playing one a whole lot, yeah the standards are not as high. As for Resistance/killzone 2 yeah those games can flop as well and if they do I won't be buying them either....I don't favor any company over anyone else based on their reputation, I'm a business man when comes to buying games a fair weather kind of guy when it comes to this. Delays are one thing to think about before buying a game because its extra time by game company spent making the game. I also like to factor in how many people and the kind of budget the game companies put into games and I think everyone knows Killzone 2 has this going on for it big time. As for Resistance 2 it offers the rumored 60 man multiplayer with other new things as well. As for Haze being delayed...I just thought they delayed it, to not only work on the game some more but more importantly not release the game around COD4 and other big time shooters.

Like I said I'm not really needing an fps game but if this game can bring me bigger/more multiplayer maps than cod4, along with bigger weapon selection, more new/creative things added to the genre, and possibly a map maker than I will consider the game. Like I said they are in a bad position with the game. There are many other games that I do plan to buy like GTA4, MGS4, SF2 HD Remix, Wipeout HD, and other games but none of which are an fps game.

Oh there is one or so ways around the map maker but its going to require more effort on FR part than just some deal with ebgames/gamestop. I'm talking about the kind of deal where they make one multiplayer map for every week for the next 3 months or so and yes those would have to be free. Sounds like a much better offer than the ebgames/gamestop kind of deal. I don't see the game coming out with as more or as many maps as COD4 and I don't think they will be bigger. I can be hard to please and in this case I am. Also, these maps would have to be decent to good quality maps for this to work then more and more people would perhaps buy the game over time.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Positive gamers opinions.
nightmare57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nightmare57
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
A steady release date.
Mrbiggerdems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mrbiggerdems
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
about 60$ and the CRYENGINE 2.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mazing87
Keep dreaming if you think they are going to release a map maker or some new maps every week. You are one of many gamers and Free Radical won't care about pleasing you. As I said, just don't buy the game. COD4 may be a great game but there are some online issues with the game. If Haze has a much better online set up which includes some clan support, I am sold! I could care less if they have close to or more maps than COD4. More maps isn't what makes a game great, not always the case. Good luck finding a game where devs plan to release maps every week for free! Ha ha, yea ok.

...Oh there is one or so ways around the map maker but its going to require more effort on FR part than just some deal with ebgames/gamestop. I'm talking about the kind of deal where they make one multiplayer map for every week for the next 3 months or so and yes those would have to be free. ... odin2019
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

As far as I know, you can play 4-player Co-op in the main campaign, name another FPS on the PS3 that will let you do that.zatoninja

resistence 2, which will be better than haze

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 l-_-l

[QUOTE="zatoninja"]As far as I know, you can play 4-player Co-op in the main campaign, name another FPS on the PS3 that will let you do that.Col_Swamp

resistence 2, which will be better than haze

And you know this how?

Yea, thats what I thought.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
Yeah I definately have a lot of interest in this game, and do plan on picking it up. I wasn't too sure about day one, seeing as it falls inbetween two of the biggest games of the year (GTAIV and MGS4) but with the full in store credit guaranteed, I think I may pick it up day one, and if anything, I'll just put the credit on MGS4 or something else. But I definately have my eyes on this one.