What Should I Do About The Playstation 4???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manofsteel84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 manofsteel84
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

To be honest not sure whether to get the PS4 at the moment or not.

My problem comes from the fact I currently own a 160GB slim PS3 boxed with 54 games. I own some of the more recent games Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, Batman Arkham Origins and GTA 5.

However I own a lot of series games as well like the Uncharted Series, I downloaded the GAME Rewards app from the android market place.

If I was to trade in my PS3 with all those games, the most I would get trade in store is £257.30 1030pts or £193.20 in cash. So even if I wanted to buy a PS4 console on it's own, I'd still have to shell out another 100 quid on top.

So wanted to know what you would do in my position, should I just wait for the price to come down later next year and get a PS4 then?

If the PS4 would have allowed gamers to play PS3 game discs straight off, I probably wouldn't have hesitated in buying one. However it's a big deal breaker for me at the moment.

Considered the idea of putting it up on Ebay, I'm not sure I'll even get the money then either for the system and games if I went that route.

Am I best just sticking with my PS3 for the time being?

SIN55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SIN55
Member since 2003 • 248 Posts

Stick with the PS3 for a while longer. The PS4 will still be around when you're ready, with a more interesting catalogue of games, and hopefully most of the system bugs will have been sorted out.

No need to give in to the pressure of getting it first.

manofsteel84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By manofsteel84
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@SIN55 said:

Stick with the PS3 for a while longer. The PS4 will still be around when you're ready, with a more interesting catalogue of games, and hopefully most of the system bugs will have been sorted out.

No need to give in to the pressure of getting it first.

Yeah I made that mistake when the Xbox 360 came out and I got it on release. I remember getting the 3 rings of death on it twice.

Then made the switch to PS3, I got some great games that I haven't even really started and completed yet.

There is also the possibility of a slim lined version I guess of the PS4 somewhere down the line as well..

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I too would wait. Sounds like you have enough on the PS3 to keep you busy. Waiting a year will give you a better PS4 library, lower price (maybe), new SKUs/bundles, any hardware & software kinks ironed out.

Avatar image for Ahmed_Abdelatif
Ahmed_Abdelatif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ahmed_Abdelatif
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I guess you need to stick a little longer with your PS3, you got great games. most of them has no real edge in Next-gen except better graphics maybe. Not many interesting games are out now, and the console is still experiencing a lot of problems.. wait a few months. finish the games you want then get a next gen

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Traded in my Xbox 360 and PS3 + All It's games (obviously finished the games I wanted to finish before moving them on) And don't regret a thing. It payed off my PS4 for me and now I'm just playing the waiting game and counting down the days until the PS4 finally releases in Australia. Greatness Awaits!!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

To be honest, you have a lot of ps3 games.

It comes down to this, Do any of the ps4 launch games make you want the ps4 at the moment? You already have some top games for ps3.

Id say stick with the ps3.

I love my ps4 don't get me wrong and I already have 5 great games for it but tonight I was playing GTAV on ps3.

gold_struck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By gold_struck
Member since 2013 • 64 Posts

You should wait! a slim version is a possibility and the prices might drop too and the Uncharted 4 + PS4 bundle would be perfect

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

if you're tight on money and have lots of unplayed PS3 games just stick on PS3 until you've played most of them (and maybe some of them you won't play at all because you don't like them in the end), and possibly you'll have saved some money for the PS4 and games by then

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

I'm not fond of trading my games or console. The only games I have ever traded are call of duty games....I still own my Atari 2600 that still works. So what I'd do if I was in ur shoes. I'd wait a lil bit and save some money and trade in w.e games I think I won't play anymore stuff like call of duty, bullet storm or fighting games. Out of 134 ps3 games I traded 21 of them so see what u really don't want get the store credit now cuz the longer u wait the less u get for em. Then save a lil and get it when u have the cash.

Largo_npc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Largo_npc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I traded all my games in to a mixture of Game, CEX and Greenmangaming. CEX was pointless as I wanted money for the PS4 but I managed to get a BluRay instead.

I then sold my PS3 and Xbox to people rather than trade it in. It only got me about £10 more but I ended up with enough.

What you could do is keep titles like AC4 and pay for the £10 Digital upgrade.

If you can wait though, just wait until you have the money to buy one.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I have too many games on my PS3, I would never trade it in. While I love my PS4, under no circumstances would I think it wise to give up a PS3.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@SpiderLuke said:

I have too many games on my PS3, I would never trade it in. While I love my PS4, under no circumstances would I think it wise to give up a PS3.

Same here, and that's one of the reasons I won't be paying for PLUS on the PS4 for a long....I got far more MP games on my PS3 then on the PS4.