What FPS would've been better in Third Person View and vice versa?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

I honestly think Mirror's Edge was better suited to be played in third person and think that Red Faction should've stayed a FPS like the previous two titles in the franchise. What about you?

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Red Faction would have been better as a first person shooter.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I was going to say Zelda in First person but i just saw the shooter part..
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 azzezino
I was going to say Zelda in First person but i just saw the shooter part..Fightingfan
It's ok, it doesn't necessarily needs to be a shooter.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I would like to try... GTA in first person that would be a nice change.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 azzezino
I would like to try... GTA in first person that would be a nice change.Fightingfan
Never even imagined GTA as FPS but it sounds promising.....as long as it doesn't turn into Far Cry 2. That game was practically an African Savanna driving simulator in which everyone tried to kill me.
Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts
I would like to try... GTA in first person that would be a nice change.Fightingfan
yeah it would be like Postal but better
CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
Metal Gear Solid as an FPS and Bad Company 2 as a Third Person.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 azzezino
Metal Gear Solid as an FPS and Bad Company 2 as a Third Person.CravenMenthol
You can play MGS4 in first person view.
CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
What!?!? How?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Mirror's Edge would lose alot of its allure as a TP game, but I guess it would be easier on some of the weak stomachs out there lol.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 azzezino
What!?!? How?CravenMenthol
I don't remember exactly how but I now it has to with pressing the triangle button.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Resistance 2.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 azzezino

Resistance 2.

dercoo
Really!?!? I don't see it. :?
dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
GTA4 would be epic in first person, seeing as it would help with immersion. Oblivion in 3rd person. And I don't say it already is. That pathetic view is disgusting. It should be proper third person, like Demons Souls. Really, Oblivion has great lore and everything, but it has shockingly bad combat, and it could really take a few pointers from DS. MGS4 isn't really possible in first person. I mean, that's more just aiming down the sights than anything. I agree with Resistance. Resistance should become a third person shooter, and Killzone can be the flagship FPS. LBP in first person? Kidding....
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ExoticAnimal

I honestly think Mirror's Edge was better suited to be played in third person and think that Red Faction should've stayed a FPS like the previous two titles in the franchise. What about you?

azzezino
Way to copy off my answer. :P
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 azzezino
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="azzezino"]

What gives man, I said it first!?!? :lol:
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="azzezino"]

Yea. Sure... I don't see how thats possible since I posted at 8:05 and you edited yours at 8:31. :roll:
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 azzezino
[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Way to copy off my answer. :PExoticAnimal

Yea. Sure... I don't see how thats possible since I posted at 8:05 and you edited yours at 8:31. :roll:

Dude! I only edited the topic title because I didn't want people to think that it had to be first person shooters only.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

I honestly think Mirror's Edge was better suited to be played in third personazzezino

I have to disagree with you there. The feeling I got controlling Faith was probably the most realistic feeling I ever had playing a first-person game. With every movement I could feel my own body moving in the same way. Never had that happen before on that level. I think the game would lose a lot of that feeling if it were changed to third-person. It would probably be a lot easier and a lot less frustrating at times, but I just don't think it would feel the same.

I can't really think of any game I think would have worked out the other way though. I think Gears of War could have been kinda cool as an FPS, but the melee wouldn't be nearly the same and that's a big part of the game so I think that was best left as a TPS.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="azzezino"] What gives man, I said it first!?!? :lol:azzezino

Dude! I only edited the topic title because I didn't want people to think that it had to be first person shooters only.

Ok. Have it your way then.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 azzezino

[QUOTE="azzezino"]I honestly think Mirror's Edge was better suited to be played in third personTexas2089

I have to disagree with you there. The feeling I got controlling Faith was probably the most realistic feeling I ever had playing a first-person game. With every movement I could feel my own body moving in the same way. Never had that happen before on that level. I think the game would lose a lot of that feeling if it were changed to third-person. It would probably be a lot easier and a lot less frustrating at times, but I just don't think it would feel the same.

I can't really think of any game I think would have worked out the other way though. I think Gears of War could have been kinda cool as an FPS, but the melee wouldn't be nearly the same and that's a big part of the game so I think that was best left as a TPS.

True! It's just that the game relies heavily on trial & error and with a third person perspective this could have easily been avoided.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 azzezino
[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Yea. Sure... I don't see how thats possible since I posted at 8:05 and you edited yours at 8:31. :roll:ExoticAnimal

Come on man, don't be like that! I'm really not lying. What could I possibly gain from it???
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]

[QUOTE="azzezino"]I honestly think Mirror's Edge was better suited to be played in third personazzezino

True! It's just that the game relies heavily on trial & error and with a third person perspective this could have easily been avoided.

Like I said, it would probably be easier, but it wouldn't feel the same. I'd rather go through the trial and error cause then when you do finally accomplish whatever maneuver you were trying to do, you get that same exhilarating feeling.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="azzezino"] Dude! I only edited the topic title because I didn't want people to think that it had to be first person shooters only. azzezino

Come on man, don't be like that! I'm really not lying. What could I possibly gain from it???

I could have sworn that I didn't see anything about Red Faction until now. Maybe I didn't read it correctly, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt just because you are actually trying to make creative threads, which the ps3 forums really need.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 azzezino

[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Ok. Have it your way then.ExoticAnimal

I could have sworn that I didn't see anything about Red Faction until now. Maybe I didn't read it correctly, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt just because you are actually trying to make creative threads, which the ps3 forums really need.

Thanks man, it really means a lot to me.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I think I'd like to have played Bioshock in third person. I think. I just would have loved to see myself as a Big Daddy and what not. I also agree with Exotic and Azzezino (whoever mentioned it first :P ) about Red Faction Guerilla. It would have been great in first person. However, I do like that they put it in third person simply so you can see the environment crashing down around you. I also think Crysis and BCBC2 would have been better in third person. Anything where you can get into a vehicle and be automatically zoomed out into the third person view should just be third person by default. Honestly, I prefer third person view. I like being able to see all of my surroundings. I wish more games would make it optional like Fallout 3 and Oblivion did. Some FPSs have mods on the PC and it makes it a lot more fun in some cases. L4D is a good example. I always play with the console cheat activated that lets me be in the behindview. Its just more fun.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I think Killzone 2 would have been good as a TPS. And i think Gears of War would have made a good FPS

MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts

A first person mode in Assassin's Creed 2 would be neat. But I'd still have to have 3rd person in it. It would feel wrong otherwise.

EDIT: As for a first-person game to be converted to third person, I'd choose Left 4 Dead(even though it's not on PS3). There's a command line that you can put in on the PC version that will put the game in over-the-shoulder mode, and it looks very good. Unfortunately, aiming isn't accurate because the bullets don't go where the crosshair is.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Resistance 2.

azzezino

Let me help you , Gears of War , I'm sure it makes sense now :D

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Killzone 2 could of worked third person, but then it would just be uncharted 2 :P

Id prefer all FPS to be third person. Makes the game much more interesting to look at.

BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

Red Faction would have been better as a first person shooter.ExoticAnimal

I wasn't too happy when I heard it was going to be in third person, I'm a fan of the first one, don't think the series will ever be the same.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I would like to try... GTA in first person that would be a nice change.azzezino
Never even imagined GTA as FPS but it sounds promising.....as long as it doesn't turn into Far Cry 2. That game was practically an African Savanna driving simulator in which everyone tried to kill me.

LOL! So true. I think Haze would have been better in any view.. namely Third-Person. And not to mention, fix the graphics, and everything else in the game. :P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Red Faction would have been better as a first person shooter.BigBoss712

I wasn't too happy when I heard it was going to be in third person, I'm a fan of the first one, don't think the series will ever be the same.

I know what you mean. I played both games so many times but decided to hold out on the third as it I knew it wouldn't be the same as the first two.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I would like to try... GTA in first person that would be a nice change.Elian2530

LOL! So true. I think Haze would have been better in any view.. namely Third-Person. And not to mention, fix the graphics, and everything else in the game. :P

What's wrong with Haze? I thought it was pretty good for what it was.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
[QUOTE="Elian2530"][QUOTE="azzezino"] Never even imagined GTA as FPS but it sounds promising.....as long as it doesn't turn into Far Cry 2. That game was practically an African Savanna driving simulator in which everyone tried to kill me.ExoticAnimal

I'm usually not one to rip games, but I hated Haze. Boring story, terrible dialogue/voice acting, and some weird graphical hiccups are some of the things that come to mind.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RoOodriGowW

[QUOTE="Elian2530"][QUOTE="azzezino"] Never even imagined GTA as FPS but it sounds promising.....as long as it doesn't turn into Far Cry 2. That game was practically an African Savanna driving simulator in which everyone tried to kill me.ExoticAnimal

I don't know where all the rant and bashing comes from, I like for what it is too , but some people were expecting it to be some major fps like cod or halo anyways , local co op + bots ftw :D

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#38 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Mirror's Edge would have been awful in third person imo.

I honestly think that the majority of games are produced in the right way, and off the top of my head can't think of any I would like to see changing :)

MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts

Mirror's Edge would have been awful in third person imo.

I honestly think that the majority of games are produced in the right way, and off the top of my head can't think of any I would like to see changing :)

Venom_Raptor

So you're saying that Assassin's Creed is awful?

ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

BioShock 1 and 2 would be awesome as a TPS.

Now, personally, I like TPS much more than FPS, so I don't want any TPS as a FPS.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Survival Horror games that are more focused on running away as opposed to combat and that are actually scary would be much better in first person.

Examples includes:

Silent Hill

Clocktower

Fatal Frame

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Skate could work in First person View.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 azzezino

Skate could work in First person View.

1bigsmoke55
but watching the player perform the moves is what makes skate games fun....how would you see them if the game is in first person view?
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 azzezino
[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="dercoo"]

Resistance 2.

You mean like Resistance Retribution then, I guess that could work but it'd be better if it played more like Uncharted instead of Gears of War (GeOW's characters move like Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider games from the PS1 era compared to Uncharted).
chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 both would have been better in full third person view rather than 90% first person and 10% third person.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
infamous is good in 3rd person but i can imagine it in 1st person,It would look sorta like bioshock. That would be cool.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Elian2530"] LOL! So true. I think Haze would have been better in any view.. namely Third-Person. And not to mention, fix the graphics, and everything else in the game. :PRoOodriGowW

I don't know where all the rant and bashing comes from, I like for what it is too , but some people were expecting it to be some major fps like cod or halo anyways , local co op + bots ftw :D

Thats what I love about the game. Co-op was a lot of fun. Its too bad that only a few people gave it a chance to play and most of the bashing comes from people who've never played it. Its a solid 7.0 for me.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts
infamous is good in 3rd person but i can imagine it in 1st person,It would look sorta like bioshock. That would be cool.blabbyboy
InFamous in 1st Person would be a combination of Bioshock and Mirror's Edge.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RoOodriGowW

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

[QUOTE="azzezino"] Really!?!? I don't see it. :?azzezino

You mean like Resistance Retribution then, I guess that could work but it'd be better if it played more like Uncharted instead of Gears of War (GeOW's characters move like Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider games from the PS1 era compared to Uncharted).

Yeah like retribution(totally forgot about it) , and just like the other guy said we'd have a tps franchise (Resistence) and an fps (Killzone) , yeah the movement in uncharted definetely feels more smooth , I just ain't sure if it'd work in resistence, which should have an over the shoulder view.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

GTA4 would be epic in first person, seeing as it would help with immersion. Oblivion in 3rd person. And I don't say it already is. That pathetic view is disgusting. It should be proper third person, like Demons Souls. Really, Oblivion has great lore and everything, but it has shockingly bad combat, and it could really take a few pointers from DS. MGS4 isn't really possible in first person. I mean, that's more just aiming down the sights than anything. I agree with Resistance. Resistance should become a third person shooter, and Killzone can be the flagship FPS. LBP in first person? Kidding....dkjestrup

I agree about Oblivion should learn a lesson from Demon's Souls. I hope the next Elder Scrolls would be on third person then switching to FP is optional, not the other way around.