What Do You Want To See In The Next PS4 Firmware Update?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

PS4 Firmware Update 3.0 Release Date Revealed. The update will create "new ways to connect with friends" and "expand social capabilities," which will be going live on September 30th.

Though it would seem that many PlayStation fans are less than thrilled with the new features that they are offering up.

What would you like to see in the next PS4 Firmware Update?

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

friend notifications, hide status, folders. you know, the basic stuff that every console should have from day 1

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#3 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

To clean up the main menu (including folders), to delete crap I don't want, and custom backgrounds.

Rstar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rstar101
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

@GameSpot: I want the ability to use my own backgrounds also longer than 15 min filming would be nice

Avatar image for deactivated-5c175c2a68c7a
deactivated-5c175c2a68c7a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c175c2a68c7a
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

Support for my credit card, and the ability to delete unneeded languages from the games (europe) to save space.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Better control over the dashboard

Kyffre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kyffre
Member since 2013 • 35 Posts

Game Sessions (cpyrit!) - a system of placing a time frame in which you can play, and receiving warnings in set intervals; IE. I can play 2h 10 min before I need to head to work, warn me 15 min and 5 minutes before time elapses. Warnings / times displayed in same 'achievement' format, or with a countdown timer watermarked in a set location (corners or screen center)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

External storage support for games is what I would like to see in the next update.

thedeadraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 thedeadraptor
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts

Backward compatibility with PS1, PS2 and PS3

DJConduit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJConduit
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

The ability to import music files. They had to REMOVE this feature from WWE games because of current gen limitations.

NunoALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NunoALC
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

Just let me appear offline. Is that too much to ask for?

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@NunoALC said:

Just let me appear offline. Is that too much to ask for?

I want that. I have friends who constantly want to join up and play multiplayer games.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

I totally agree with your comment mate at the moment I prefer the Xbox One dashboard.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@sukraj said:
@MarcRecon said:

I totally agree with your comment mate at the moment I prefer the Xbox One dashboard.

lol, I was gonna mention that, but I didn't wanna go there!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Proper external storage support like what XB1 has is a must... Should have had it from the start.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: I prefer internal proper support personally, something I feel the Xbone should have had from the start. Aesthetically, I don't like having HDDs dangling out of my USB ports on my consoles when upgrading the internal drive is a much cleaner solution.

It was the same for me last gen and for my PCs. I upgraded my 360s HDDs multiple times, the internal HDD of my PCs, and I upgraded the PS3s HDD to 1TB and 500GB before that. I always avoided clunky and unseemly external drives in my rooms. I know others don't care as much, but I don't like the slower read times associated with USB, I don't like the loss of a USB port, and I don't like having more things connected to things under things in the living-room. Too cluttered for my tastes...if avoidable.

As it stands, it forces me to carefully buy on Xbone with the 500GB HDD since their was no Xbone official option to upgrade the internal HDD.

I think we can both agree there is advantages to both sides and it's not as one sided as some people might imagine.

Sidenote and maybe I have you mistaken, but you opted to be Xbone only this gen, correct? Do you really want Sony to change the firmware and add a feature you want in an update if you don't own the console?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy
@sukraj said:
@MarcRecon said:

Well, to be fair you've had your Xbone for year(s) and just got your PS4. It stands to reason you may have just gotten used to whatever product you got first and long ago.

I think in time you'll find the ease and speediness of the PS4 dashboard quite efficient (as critics have noticed). It's true, the PS4 Dashboard may not be as pretty in still pictures, but the dashboard is speedy and not clunky which seems to be a fair trade off. And the super speedy installs are quite nice too. Of course, the Xbone is about to get a whole new dashboard overhaul anyways, so our days of comparing the old Xbone dashboard are numbered. Whether we like it or hate it, the current Xbone dashboard is going to be gone soon and then they will have to start over on updates to fix unforeseen problems for the upcoming new Win10 Xbone dashboard.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Proper external storage support like what XB1 has is a must... Should have had it from the start.

you dont even have a PS4.....

anyways, i want friend notifications, Floders, the ability to appear offline, custom wallpaper ( like screenshots we take from games we can use as wallpaper)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts
@SolidTy said:

@hrt_rulz01: I prefer internal proper support personally, something I feel the Xbone should have had from the start. Aesthetically, I don't like having HDDs dangling out of my USB ports on my consoles when upgrading the internal drive is a much cleaner solution.

It was the same for me last gen and for my PCs. I upgraded my 360s HDDs multiple times, the internal HDD of my PCs, and I upgraded the PS3s HDD to 1TB and 500GB before that. I always avoided clunky and unseemly external drives in my rooms. I know others don't care as much, but I don't like the slower read times associated with USB, I don't like the loss of a USB port, and I don't like having more things connected to things under things in the living-room. Too cluttered for my tastes...if avoidable.

As it stands, it forces me to carefully buy on Xbone with the 500GB HDD since their was no Xbone official option to upgrade the internal HDD.

I think we can both agree there is advantages to both sides and it's not as one sided as some people might imagine.

Sidenote and maybe I have you mistaken, but you opted to be Xbone only this gen, correct? Do you really want Sony to change the firmware and add a feature you want in an update if you don't own the console?

Yeah there definitely are pros & cons to both, but it'd be good to have the option for both I guess. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to upgrade my internal HDD (like on PS4), and have external HDD support where I can backup separate games (like on Xbone).

And yeah that's right, I don't currently own a PS4. But the lack of proper external support is one of the reasons I prefer Xbone. I like being able to easily backup my games separately, without having to backup the whole system (like on PS4).

@FinalFighters said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

you dont even have a PS4.....

anyways, i want friend notifications, Floders, the ability to appear offline, custom wallpaper ( like screenshots we take from games we can use as wallpaper)

So. Doesn't mean I'll never own one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@SolidTy said:

Yeah there definitely are pros & cons to both, but it'd be good to have the option for both I guess. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to upgrade my internal HDD (like on PS4), and have external HDD support where I can backup separate games (like on Xbone).

And yeah that's right, I don't currently own a PS4. But the lack of proper external support is one of the reasons I prefer Xbone. I like being able to easily backup my games separately, without having to backup the whole system (like on PS4).

I'm with you there! Well said. I would love that perfect world scenario you outlined. :)