What did you guys think of the RE6 demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Personally, the only thing I didn't like was that it was too dark, and no flashlight meant zombies were easy to miss, which led to some cheap loss of life. Also, health restoratives only heal for 1 health bar?

The gunplay was pretty good, ammo was scarce so I couldn't just blast everything, and the new melee was good, albeit a bit clunky. All in all, I am looking forward to the game, though I still have 2 other sections of the demo to go through.

What about you guys?

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
I loved it, looking forward to picking it up on release day. I'm sick of all these FPS games, what ths gen is lacking is more survival horror games.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
It's growing on me. Only played Chris's part so far though. Not gonna lie, pretty hyped and got some money from my last paycheck stashed away for the full game when it's released.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I thought it was pretty horrible.

Leon's section was the better out of the 3, but it was too dark which didn't lead to amazing atmosphere it just lead to me not being able to see **** and the controls weren't amazing. Also combat has been reduced to a brawler. Why use my automatic pistol when I can just kick everything in the head? This too was somewhat clunky though.

Chris's section was plain awful. It basically took a western military TPS and zoomed the camera in too close to the person back causing camera problems during intense gun fights (which is somewhat weird when you're fighting zombies). The cover system was horrible. You stick to walls while aiming, and then to crouch below something you have to aim press a button and continue to aim to remained crouched in cover. It just wasn't fun. Plus the whole thing was just a grey dump.

Jake's section was basically just Chris's section in a somewhat darker setting. I guess they're going for a DmC type character with Jake. Anyway cover system was horrible (like in chris's), and you had these lizard things that knock you down with invisible missiles. It just wasn't fun. The zoomed in camera got me disoriented most of the time, and controls were bad. I'm passing on this game.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i hate the controls, especially the crappy cover system

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I've played Chris and Jake's sections and although they have made it full on shooting it still strangely feels like a resident evil game,I think.I can certainly see why so many people are upset by the direction they are going but if the game has a meaty campaign I will enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn't,which is a classic survival horror game.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I loved it, looking forward to picking it up on release day. I'm sick of all these FPS games, what ths gen is lacking is more survival horror games.Sk8ter_213

And to my mind, it STILL is...

... This game is certainly not Survival Horror, not in the least. That said, once it drops in price to under $15 with all DLC unlocked, I'll buy it and play it like i did with RE5. I don't care at all for where this series has gone but it won't stop me from enjoying what it is. I just wouldn't pay NEAR day-1 price, not by a longshot. This game is right up there with ORC; I'll play it after all the hype and knee-jerk purchasers have traded their copy in, and the Gold Edition drops to under $15.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

killerband55
I figured I wouldn't be the only one who thought that. I spent a while trying to even figure out how to use the cover system, and once I figured it out it was still pretty bad. The game looks decent and the story might be okay, but the I found the gameplay to be quite unappealing. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, and that was a game I didn't really like from the start, so I'm not completely ruling this game out of a playthrough. Still, it's an eventual rental for me at most right now.
HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

a horrible gears of war clone.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

SoNin360

I figured I wouldn't be the only one who thought that. I spent a while trying to even figure out how to use the cover system, and once I figured it out it was still pretty bad. The game looks decent and the story might be okay, but the I found the gameplay to be quite unappealing. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, and that was a game I didn't really like from the start, so I'm not completely ruling this game out of a playthrough. Still, it's an eventual rental for me at most right now.

the stupid game doesn't really tell you how to cover, i had to figure this out on my own during a break of zombies trying to eat me alive, so apparently you need to hold the aim button (L1) near a wall or ledge or whatever you think you can cover behind, then press X, then to stay in cover you have to keep holding onto L1, if you wanna aim with your gun while in cover, you need to use your right analog stick, its really stupid and not gonna be helpful much during an ambush trying to fiddle around with the controls

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#11 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Didn't make me want to buy the game.

Felt the same as previous versions, except for RE:ORC, which I found quite fun for multiplayer.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killerband55

except for RE:ORC, which I found quite fun for multiplayer.

d_parker

i hope that was it that you liked about it

BygByron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BygByron3
Member since 2003 • 5572 Posts

Capcom demos are usually atrocious.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I hated it. I only played Chris' part. It felt sloppy.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Enjoyed it. Enjoy even more the whiners who constantly butthurt over the direction the franchise is going.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
4 was awesome, 5 was decent, but I'll be renting 6 and never touching the Chris campaign. At this rate I probably won't even touch 7
hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts
the gun play is pretty good though there was no flashlight and was way to dark and the cover system and controls are terrible
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot

Enjoyed it. Enjoy even more the whiners who constantly butthurt over the direction the franchise is going.ispeakfact

It can be amusing at times, people yammering away about something they have very little, to no control over. The series is going the way it's going because the genre has been a commercial flop of late... My question is often "Well, where were you to buy the other Survival Horror games when they were coming out? If you had spent money back then, there would be a genre today."

Lots and lots of genres have come and gone, or changed into something barely resembling themselves. Point-And Click, text-based adventures, Hell, even Platformer games aren't what they used to be with the exception of Mario on a handheld. When's the last time we got a "real" Metroid game? Gawd knows, the last one wasn't what I started the series with. And honestly, fans of the Survival Horror genre have only themselves to blame for the demise of the genre as it stood.

That's why I try to support things I enjoy, like the RE movies. I do, infact, ENJOY those trashy action pics. The new one is a lot of fun. Is it art? Hell no. But are they fun?

Yep.

I would rather that the series stayed the course, most certainly. But since it's "evolving" like the viruses it centers around, I will dig on what I do, and enjoy it for what it is.

The glass is still half-full, in my book. At least we get to continue to enjoy the stories and characters some of us have been involved with for nearly 20 years.

:shock:

Wow. Has it been that long??? How time FLIES...

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I liked it a lot more than I expected to. In my opinion the majority of it controlled and played well, the effects were really well done, and I think it has the capability to deliver an enjoyable, thrilling experience. Leon's campaign is of particular interest just because I think it has more potential to actually deliver somewhat on the horror front, but I found all three fun in their own right. Chris' was the weakest but that nasty towering behemoth was a saving grace. Oh, and finally, these badasses and super soldiers can move while shooting! Switching off the god awful reticle and going back to laser sights was a blessing, too.

It definitely had it's share of faults and eccentricities that I hope have been ironed out if possible, primarily the wonky cover mechanics. Wasn't wild about the way the character leaps over bodies on the ground or how much effort you have to put out to accurately stomp an enemies head when it's been downed either.

All said and done, I'm getting it and hoping for the best.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#20 DiamondSlicer
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

I quite liked it actually, but I have doubt whether it will be a first day purchase or whether I will wait till the price drops. We'll see.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
For now I only played Leon's part. I agree with people that the camera seems to close. And is it me, but doesn't it seem the graphics is a step back from RE5? I also think the AI character with Leon seems flawed.
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
Never downloaded the demo, but I'm confident I'll like it. Just 9 days away! :D
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonkeySpot

For now I only played Leon's part. I agree with people that the camera seems to close. And is it me, but doesn't it seem the graphics is a step back from RE5? I also think the AI character with Leon seems flawed.PSP107

I'm playing RE5 right now, and no i think the graphics are a bit of an improvement along with animations, etc, being a tad better. Only my opinion, I could be dead-wrong. As far as whats-her-name toddling along with Leon, no she's DEFINITELY not as irritating and AI-stupid as Shiva can be. TRUST me.

;)

Partners have been a "thing" in RE games for awhile now ("Zero" being first, I believe), and I'm really not into having an AI partner, even less enchanted with having a co-op partner... I dunno, not gonna harp all over it there seems to be enough negativity without my adding to it all. Again, I'm going to keep looking at this glass as "Half-Full", and not be so critical of what the game isn't as apposed to being positive about what it actually IS.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#24 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I thought it was decent I'm really looking forward to playing Sherry and Jake's part of the storyline since I thought it seemed the most interesting out of the 3. I just thought Chris's storyline was awful it just seems like a generic militaryshooter.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It's ok....I'm on the fence as to whether I'm gonna buy it on it's release or wait until theirs a price drop....

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
Wow, just played the demo. It feels like another Call of Duty knockoff. What is up with this gen and most of the shooters having to be like Call of Duty? Arcadey shooting. Slimey graphics. Geezus.
Lunarblade0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunarblade0
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Enjoyed it. Enjoy even more the whiners who constantly butthurt over the direction the franchise is going.ispeakfact

I think people who have started with the series remember it for being a true survival horror experience. Now it's just saturated with action and non-zombies? I would hope that people not support these games if they were not pleased with the direction the series is taking. I don't have a problem with companies trying new things but I do have a problem when they think sales are the definitive indication of success. I won't support ORC and neither support this game.

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

they should have named it something different, because there is nothing resident evil about this piece of cow dung....if i wanted to play gears of war i'll fire up my xbox360, well if it was working anyway.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I liked Leon's campaign. I could do without the always on co-op, but I really enjoyed it. I HATED Jake's and Chris' campaigns. They were just so terrible.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
[QUOTE="juden41"]Wow, just played the demo. It feels like another Call of Duty knockoff. What is up with this gen and most of the shooters having to be like Call of Duty? Arcadey shooting. Slimey graphics. Geezus.

How was it like CoD? They both had guns and explosions. That's about it, right?
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
Wish it had Move support like RE5. One of my favorite Move titles.