What did you guys think of Crysis 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

Pretty much the title. What was your take on Crysis 2?

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
pretty decent game. the campaign is unique and actually has some length unlike most FPSs these days. the online is also a blast but unfortunately for me most of the time i get disconnected before i get in a match, this really ticks me off cuz this is what was wrong with the demo (atleast for me, most people play online no problem) and they havent even fixed it!!! . but when i do get online its really fun. solid 9/10 and thats saying alot about its design considering the bugs and glitches that exist
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Campaign was pretty good, I gotta admit. Gameplay and graphics are solid as well.

Multiplayer is just not very good at all. And that's sad, because I wanted to like the online. Didn't happen.

Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

i thought the graphics were good and so was the 3d but personally i thought the game was slow and boring.

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

quality game, best of 2011 so far!

geoffmehoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 geoffmehoff
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts

nice graphics but the story was slow and boring but i had a blast with the multiplayer one of the better multiplayers i have played seemed balanced and i never had any lobbys i would diconnect from

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Solid campaign, lots of eye candy, awesome level layouts and environments - on the other hand it suffered from cheap voice acting, terrible A.I, and a few litlte glitches like pop-ins and the framerate was noticeably sluggish throughout.

the multi-player? pure trash. 2nd worst online i''ve played on PS3, the only worse game was Army of Two: 40th day. I found Army of Two to be completely unplayable at the time I tried to play it (months after release, EVERY game was full of lag and it woul take forever to find a match). Crysis 2 was "playable", but that's about it. Lots of issues with it's matchmaking system, lag and hit detection were an abomination compared to every other shooter, the maps looked nice but that's about it...maybe on PC it works better, on PS3 it was trash.

edit: I just thought of another, Alien vs. Predator is actually the worst online game I've tried on PS3, because that one was literally impossible to even find a match mere WEEKS after release (i..e. my experience was 10 minute wait, then play for 1 minute, disconnect, then 10 minute wait again). Needless to say my patience didn't last long enough for me to play but a handful of matches before I simply gave up.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

terrble

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

It's pretty good, i havent finished it yet because i got distracted by another game but i will finish it soon but so far so good.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

Campaign was pretty good, I gotta admit. Gameplay and graphics are solid as well.

Multiplayer is just not very good at all. And that's sad, because I wanted to like the online. Didn't happen.

BaraChat
This^
Avatar image for deactivated-622466a483e10
deactivated-622466a483e10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-622466a483e10
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

Liked campaign, and liked multiplayer. I've lost interest for it now though, could be since none of my friends play it or whatever. I'm Major 1 with 30 hours played online.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Campaign is pretty fun, nothing amazing but it's a decent lenght so that makes up for it...multiplayer, fun, but broken...

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Its superb graphics couldn't save it from anything but mediocre to me. On-top of a "meh" campaign the online experience was just awful. Got rid of this game very quickly.

Avatar image for RusianGrmReaper
RusianGrmReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RusianGrmReaper
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts

IMHO its an average game with good graphics, suffers from typical mainstream game issues...too short, story sucks...blah blah blah.

its a rent at best MP lacks depth as well

Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Benifited
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts

I play it on and off here and there lolz. the story is slow but the graphics and gameplay are solid and fun. The sound in the game is also amazing and I spend half the time exploring so itz taking me sometime to beat this game. I havent even touched the multi-player yet so cant say much on that. Wish there was more to the weapons and nano suit upgrades though, i feel like there some what useless.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Glad to hear that the campaign is solid. I don't care much for Multiplayers anyway.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm actually trying to forget:P...Seriously thoughthe graphics,SP and gameplay where "OK". The MP on the other hand was a poor mans COD clone...bottom line, Crysis 2 is a great rental.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarcRecon

gta_gamer10

You gotta be joking??:shock:

Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Benifited
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts

[QUOTE="gta_gamer10"]

MarcRecon

i would say its on my top games of this years list. itz def not your poor mans generic FPS and thats why ppl are enjoying it.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#21 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
It was fun for awhile but I traded it in cause I never wanted to play it cause it just got boring in my opinion.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="gta_gamer10"]

Benifited

i would say its on my top games of this years list. itz def not your poor mans generic FPS and thats why ppl are enjoying it.

1. I'm not trying to bash you favorite game(it's just my opinion:))

2. I DIDN'T say that the whole game was bad in general...just the MP!!

In fact I didn't say that the game was bad at all....I said that the MP was a COD clone....not generic!!! Crysis 2 was a good game and it was my most anticipated game of the year but it was a victim of over hype and bad development.

Hopefully they will do a better job the next time.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

I liked it at first but the campaign got boring after a while and I found it hard to motivate myself to finish it. I want to get my monies worth so have started again on the hardest setting. I enjoy it more when you are going through corridors and I really like those parts where you see people on the floor or getting quarantined etc. The open world sections are ok but i find them a bit annoying. I played a bit online and enjoyed it but havent gone back yet.

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

Crysis is one of the few games I like to play online, it's diffrent but yet has a good feel to it. The singel player is fun fast past, and keep you guessing because you can attack in diffrent ways. From stealth to strengh it's a good shoter and a great game. The graphics are some of the best I seen in a game this gen, and it's wonderful. :D

SirDigby84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SirDigby84
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts
Only played half of it on PS3 before buying a new PC so i could crank up the graphics. Campaign was fun but not as good as the original, i just preferred the open world setting of the original and how you could play it numerous times and play each time differently. Didn't like the online, fun at first but became a cloak snipefest as i leveled higher.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I have it on PC and think it's a great game, but completely different to the others. And certainly a step back from the original and Warhead.

Joemama2069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Joemama2069
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts

I wouldn't even classify this as a good rental. Sure the Campaign was decent but the online was so frustrating that it was never any fun. And adding to another previous statement, A v. P is seriously the worst MP game of all time and the development team should be banned from ever going near computers again...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarcRecon

the development team should be banned from ever going near computers again...

Joemama2069

.:lol:

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I liked it. I'm not done with it, but I like how open it is.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#30 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Awesome graphics and gameplay.