What are your thoughts on Metal Gear Solid V ? [Spoilers]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are both fused in together on this Metal Gear to turn it into V pretty much. I am very excited. The other day I picked up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and forgot how awesome the series really is. I was hype to enjoy every single one of them from MGS1 all the way to MGS4 (and MGRising Revengeance). Hoping that the PSP titles of MGS (Acid,Acid 2, Portable Ops, Graphic Novel, etc) would come out on PSN or on HD Collection so I could get a kick out of those.

(Back on the main subject) The 5 minute Trailer and the 5 minute gameplay was not enough. Personally in my opinion, the 5 minute gameplay was like a 1 minute teaser. It actually pissed me off that I wasted 5 minutes watching Big Boss drag himself all over the place to just see probably two bosses (The one that went through the rough and the fireman looking boss that disappeared in the smoke), and a Kojima joke which was the poster on the ground when Big Boss and the man with the unknown face decided to turn back towards the emergency stairs. At least it has shown how detailed the graphics were during gameplay, but when it is a Metal Gear title. We just need more lol. 

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

The story was finished, just leave it be. I love Metal Gear, but Kojima should have moved onto something else.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
day one 360 and ps3 version for me
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Instant Day 1 collectors edition for me.

FearMe801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FearMe801
Member since 2011 • 399 Posts

Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, Peace Walker and The Graphic novel are on PSN on PS vita. i have almost all Metal gear franchise on my vita (MGS Collection for vita (mg1, mg2, MGS 2, MGS 3), MGS, Portable Ops). I want Peace Walker in too but i have to wait a better deal than this one.

MGS

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Day 1 for me. Hoping MGO makes a come back too
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

If it really comes out for the PS3, it's a sure day one buy for me. If Kojima was trolling us yet again and the game comes on the PS4 and X720 instead... well I guess I won't but it day one. :(

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Probably not first day.

MGS4 was meant to end the series...but I'll probably get it when its cheaper.:P

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The story was finished, just leave it be. I love Metal Gear, but Kojima should have moved onto something else.

Legendaryscmt

Agreed, the Metal Gear series had a good run...it needs to end, or should I say Big Boss/Snakes storyline needs to end. I thought that everything was going to start focusing on Raiden?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

MarcRecon

Agreed, the Metal Gear series had a good run...it needs to end, or should I say Big Boss/Snakes storyline needs to end. I thought that everything was going to start focusing on Raiden?

I guess it went both ways. Since the Rising series is so far a success, I expect the sequel to be better.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Young_Charter

I guess it went both ways. Since the Rising series is so far a success, I expect the sequel to be better.

I hope the sequel is set between 2 and 4 as the original was supposed to be.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

lancea34

I hope the sequel is set between 2 and 4 as the original was supposed to be.

Same here. I felt as if they were scared to make it apart of the main series due to mixed opinions on Raiden himself.