Warhawk Disc will be out on the 28th but what about the DL? (poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
The street date for the disc version is set for the 28th which is a Tuesday. Do you guys think Sony will stick with tradition for the PSN store and release it on the 23rd or 30th or set a special release for Warhawk at the store? To my knowledge Sony has only done a non-Thursday update to the store once. That was to release E3 videos on a Wednesday July 11th. Even the beta was made available during a regular Thursday store update. I'm hoping that they give downloaders a treat and release it on the 23rd. What are your predictions?
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

same day

i think they stated that on the PS Blog

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts

same day

dstryr13
Wait, Warhawk is coming out in August??? SAAWWWEEEEEYYTT! I thought it was September!
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crck

same day

dstryr13
Yeah, they saidsimultaneously but I think that they mean roughly. Since stores rarely get games on the same day. For example Sears got Ninja Gaiden Sigma a week early and actually started selling it. Other stores get their shipment late sometimes.
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
[QUOTE="dstryr13"]

same day

crck

Yeah, they saidsimultaneously but I think that they mean roughly. Since stores rarely get games on the same day. For example Sears got Ninja Gaiden Sigma a week early and actually started selling it. Other stores get their shipment late sometimes.

i think this is illegal though

stores are supposed to follow the street date which is the day after ship out date so really we dont see the game, or i should say are not supposed to see the game in stores until the 29th cuz the 28th is only the the day the publisher releases the title for shipment to stores

azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
probably day before disc version to get everyone to get their hands on it off PSN..
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I hope the disc version comes out at least 1 day after the DL is release IN EUROPE!(more specifically, Portugal :P)
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crck
probably day before disc version to get everyone to get their hands on it off PSN..azimiballer
Yeah thats what I was thinking. From a value stand point the disc version is superior. Why not release it on PSN a few days early to get those sitting on the fence about which version to DL it off PSN.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
Retail games ALWAYS come out on Tuesdays. PSN updates every Thursday. Two days after the retail version isn't a long wait.
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Day before it's available in retail.
12elic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 12elic_
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts
[QUOTE="crck"][QUOTE="dstryr13"]

same day

dstryr13

i think this is illegal though

stores are supposed to follow the street date which is the day after ship out date so really we dont see the game, or i should say are not supposed to see the game in stores until the 29th cuz the 28th is only the the day the publisher releases the title for shipment to stores

Somewhat right not all games are street dated but games that are usually arrive at stores day's in advance of a street date and are not be sold before said date. however non street dated releases can be sold as soon as they are recieved.

Any company caught selling street dated items early will be subject to fines and law suits and could lose thier buisness license.

waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
useless thread
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crck
useless threadwaza000
Then why click and post in it? I clearly labeled it. BTW 80% of the threads here are useless. They are just for speculation and entertainment purposes. So I can say the same about your statement. Pointless....
inspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inspectre
Member since 2004 • 476 Posts
12:01 am on the 28th I'd imagine.
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Actually, Games are in the district warehouses for gamestop at minimum 1 week before the actual launch of the game. Depending on demand or just by shipment constraints the games may arrive either the day of or day after. In all retail settings, games are sent from the warehouses to stores (unless its a super huge launch) on tuesdays, giving the game one extra day to actually arrive in stores.

In leymen's it means that its gonna be sent to the store on the 27th (tuesday) and it'll arrive in stores on the 28th (wedensday).

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts
Whoops got my dates mixed up. The 28th is the tuesday, meaning it'll be in stores on the 29th.