This topic is locked from further discussion.

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

I know many of the games save files are stored on the vita card. However what happens when i buy a game digitally? I finished Persona 4 golden and want to delete the data but keep the saves so i can get the remaining trophies later. If i delete the game data (since its digital) will i lose my saves??? and make it that much harder to get the rest of the trophies later on?

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Save data copying is very broken, in terms of copying to a PC. Yes, deleting a game will delete its save data, unfortunately, and yes, all your progress is lost. You can copy the whole game (including its save data) to your PC with CMA, but there's no way to only copy only the save data, unfortunately, so you'll be stuck with a massive game file that can't be separated from your save. The really stupid thing about this is that PS Plus copies all your save data (separate from the main game) flawlessly, which proves that it's perfectly possible to separate the game data from the save data. If you've got PS Plus and plan to keep up your subscription, this solution works great, but otherwise, you're stuck backing up the entire game on your PC. So in short, to keep your save data intact after deletion: Either back up your saves to PS Plus, or copy the entire game onto your PC.
optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
Thanks I have PS+ I had totally forgot about Vita cloud saves!