Verdict on Order 1886

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Game got fairly poor reviews but what do you guys in the community think of it?

I like games with sweet single player campaigns.

How is the combat and story?

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

In two words : Stay Away!! and i'm really serious.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I played it right to where the first licanthrope appears and haven´t touched it since, that would be many months ago. It´s a cutscene that let´s you get in occasionally and that´s it. No wonder why it dropped on price almost to half in a matter of a few months after launch. If you haven´t played The Last of Us consider to invest your money in that one rather than WASTING your money in The Order 1886.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

after playing it for a few hours i concluded it was made by people who hate gamers

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@vespuche: if you can get it for 15 bucks its not bad.

performance wise: it's beautiful. framerate, resolution, graphics, art style and detail are 100% top notch.

gameplay wise: it's your run of the mill third person cover shooter. doesn't do anything here that you havent seen before. if this is your style of gameplay, youll be happy. some of the guns are actually really cool and its a shame you dont get to use them very long.

story wise: characters are okay, nothing super special like uncharted or last of us. story is meh til about halfway through, then it actually got kind of fast paced and interesting. it loses another point, however, for having a cheap and cliffhanger ending that is obviously setting up a sequel.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Not bad but not great. Pick it up cheap, ignore the fact that you keep getting introduced to interesting enemies/ guns only to have them under-used, get through it quickly and don't expect too much. That said, it is quite pretty.

Isaacfalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Isaacfalls
Member since 2016 • 143 Posts

Lots of cutscenes, only 6-8 hour single player campaign.

If you can get it for 15$ or less, it's a fun game. Not worth more than that

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Personally I enjoyed it. If you like Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls is has that kind of feel but it does offer more gameplay freedom. The story, characters, sound, graphics are all excellent. The game isn't too long. Around 7-10 hours depending on your play-style.

I don't believe the game was worth full 60$ I paid for it around 30$ would had been more appropriate. If you can find it at that price or lower, I full recommend it. Hopefully the game gets a sequel, it was a good experience overall. Sir Galahad rocks. ;p

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Just as a few others have said, it's not a bad game, but at the same time, it's not anything special other then great graphics! It's a solid shooter that's worth the $20 bargain-ben price.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Sokol4ever said:

Personally I enjoyed it. If you like Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls is has that kind of feel but it does offer more gameplay freedom. The story, characters, sound, graphics are all excellent. The game isn't too long. Around 7-10 hours depending on your play-style.

I don't believe the game was worth full 60$ I paid for it around 30$ would had been more appropriate. If you can find it at that price or lower, I full recommend it. Hopefully the game gets a sequel, it was a good experience overall. Sir Galahad rocks. ;p

Even though it got mixed reviews, I think it did well enough to get a sequel.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I actually enjoyed it. If you like TPS and the whole victorian/steam punk theme applies to you I'd check it out.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

performance wise: it's beautiful. framerate, resolution, graphics, art style and detail are 100% top notch.

gameplay wise: it's your run of the mill third person cover shooter. doesn't do anything here that you havent seen before. if this is your style of gameplay, youll be happy. some of the guns are actually really cool and its a shame you dont get to use them very long.

story wise: characters are okay, nothing super special like uncharted or last of us. story is meh til about halfway through, then it actually got kind of fast paced and interesting. it loses another point, however, for having a cheap and cliffhanger ending that is obviously setting up a sequel.

Perfect review. ^^^ I second these comments.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@porkchopxp said:
@jcrame10 said:

Perfect review. ^^^ I second these comments.

haha thanks. excuse the bad pun, but i thought it was right..on the money

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

I agree with your review 100% . My only gripe, and I hope I'm not giving anything away by saying this is, the game doesn't allow you to hold your weapon during "non-combat" areas. Then, when you finally enter a combat area, your weapons appear, which kind of kills the suspense in a lot of places.

Aside that, game ran very well and I'm hoping for a better approach when it comes to certain things if there ever was a sequel.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

If you can't buy it for $20 or less, don't touch it. It's a decent game though, if you can get it for $20 tops. Which you probably can very easily at this point.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Rental.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Open world fans hate it but I enjoyed it.

The gameplay is reminiscent of most TPS games. But where it really shines (aside from graphics) is in the cool weapons, setting, and characters. It did have a significant amount of polish as I came across zero clipping or other glitch issues.

It's a narrative driven game so it should be no surprise to anyone that it has many cut scenes. Here's the low points of the game though. For starters, it feels short. It probably could have used 3-5 more hours and what would have given it far more replay would have been online coop (something I thought was going to be included until a couple months before it released). The last bit that can be considered a negative would be the predictable storyline with so few warewolves to hunt.

Big question... would I buy the sequel if it were made. The short answer is yes. I'd buy at full price if online coop were added.