UT3 review up on gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
8.5 DISCUSS MHUAHAHA
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Whats there to discuss but another attempt by Lamespot to hamstring the PS3. They gave the lame cookie cutter excuse of "some occasional lag or performance issues". What a joke! Again their review comes in lower than the Critic Average. Only one site rated UT3 lower than lamespot.

I dont even pay attention to their PS3 reviews anymore. They just to a great job at collating other REAL critic reviews. I go read those for a solid opinion LOL.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
IMO, score was on the spot. From what I have heard it doesn't deserve a 9.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CosmoKing7717

Whats there to discuss but another attempt by Lamespot to hamstring the PS3. They gave the lame cookie cutter excuse of "some occasional lag or performance issues". What a joke! Again their review comes in lower than the Critic Average. Only one site rated UT3 lower than lamespot.

I dont even pay attention to their PS3 reviews anymore. They just to a great job at collating other REAL critic reviews. I go read those for a solid opinion LOL.

-ArchAngeL-777-
idk...xD just felt like making a new topic lol...the board was...too quiet O_o
megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 megadeth78
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts

Eh, it seems about right from what I've heard.

If they had used their old rating methods, then there would probably be something to talk about. Their new rating system (scores ending in .0 or .5) never really tell me anything...

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CosmoKing7717

Eh, it seems about right from what I've heard.

If they had used their old rating methods, then there would probably be something to talk about. Their new rating system (scores ending in .0 or .5) never really tell me anything...

megadeth78
yea...it really hampers the indepthness of the reviews now...doesnt seem as deep as ign does and stuff...=(
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
We waited a week after the game released, 4 extra days when they got the coded version FOR A SHORT REVIEW? WTF.
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts

The guy only had 3 ps3 games to his 22xbox360s games.Also others have pointed this out which i found very funny.

"UT3 is worth a purchase for anyone who likes to shoot guns in video games."

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
Gamespot needs to get their act up seriously...
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IppotheFighter
^^ Its too late big brother M$ is watching.
piano_pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 piano_pimp
Member since 2005 • 759 Posts

IMO, score was on the spot. From what I have heard it doesn't deserve a 9.rogerjak

What have you heard? Considering the review wasn't even a page long, I still know nothing new about the game.

lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts
well, gamespot serves just to disappoint again with another mediocre shallow review. they used to be good for reviews, but after R & C, i gave up on them entirelly
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I don't see why people are upset:? It got the same score as the P.C. version. It's only a little lower than the critic score. In my opinion, some of you guys are taking this whole 'PS3 BIAZZ!" thing a bit too far.:|
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#14 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Mass Effect, Folklore, Uncharted... all sound familiar?

They tend to be harsh on a lot more games than most other places.

I bet you can take it that this game is pretty without having a keyboard and mouse.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

-ArchAngeL-777-

Seriously? Wow. Im speechless, First off. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!? Gamespot's score is spot on and as the score says, the game is GREAT!

you elitist jerks need to get a life. Just cause gamespot has a higher standard (while still being perfectly reasonable) and doesn't slap dash their reviews like every other site that only rates games so high because they have to be the first one out the door with a review doesn't mean they hate sony. Ok? If they hated sony and wanted to "hamstring" the PS3 they wouldn't even put reviews, Videos and Previews up in the first place.

seriously, ALL of you, get it past your head that gamespot is not a biased site, they have more then earned our trust over the years and i am getting sick and tired of your far-fetched conspiracy theories.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _Cab0ose87_
and By the way Genius, just to clear things up, It scored the EXACT same as the PC version.
Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Neo1O1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
The review was indeed rather lackluster. But since I don't take GameSpot's reviews seriously anymore, what does it matter? Besides that, a beloved franchise such as UT simply deserves a much longer review.
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
wow the game doesnt support modding yet!! wtf, thats a crappy thing to put in the bad section cuz im guessing within the next month this review will be trash
Blackbird34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackbird34
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

Well, its simple. Gamespot's reviews are from people with biased opinions. THEY LOVE THE 360. Which I think is complete BS. If you are a reviewer, no matter what system you like best, you need to treat each game as an equal before you start playing and reviewing the game.

I mean, they gave Uncharted an 8! WTF???? That game is an awesome game and completely wipes the floor with the majority of the 360's games. IMO, I would give it a 9.5. But it doesnt deserve any lower than a 9.

UT3 sounds like a great game according to IGN and other game sources. I have yet to play it so I dont have my own opinion but by what you guys are saying, it got robbed.

Like one of the other people above me said.... I hardly pay attention to gamespot's reviews anymore because they are BS and everyone knows it. For example: the game Oblivion. It was released for both the 360 and the PS3 (which most of u already know that). And we all also know that the PS3 version is so much better than the 360 version and it has been stated time and time again by groups like XPLAY and others. Yet, the 360 version got a score of 9.6 while the PS3 settled with a 9.5.

Sounds like some reviewers need to be fired and have a new bunch of guys come in. Because this is insane.

Which, it seems nobody likes the PS3 except for real hardcore PS3 fans. We always get shorted when it comes to add-on game content. Guitar Hero 3 for example, the 360 got the boss pack along with the Halo Theme 2 or 3 weeks before the boss pack for the PS3 was even released. Also, the fact that Activision is being a**holes and not letting Red Octane release the patch to make the PS3's GH3 Les Paul compatable with Rock Band; but the 360 was compatable from the beginning.

Anyways, I have vented so I feel better. I still think its BS but there's nothing we can do.

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
pc version got the same, whats the big deal
Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts

-ArchAngeL-777-

Lamespot?..LMAO Good wording choice my friend..

DeltoidRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DeltoidRecon
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
I don't own a PS3, but the short @$$ review and bs 8.5 rating (even though it gets the 3 best elbems) just adds to the fact that Gamespot refuses to give the PS3 anything above an 8.5.. I swear if MGS4 or the next FF game doesn't get a 9 then I'm gonna **** a chicken.. I mean honestly tell me what game has 32 players, FREE user created content and graphics better than GoW and rivals those of COD4? Also who the hell is Kevin VanOrd?
DeltoidRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DeltoidRecon
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
*Also they shouldn't treat this game as if it came out on consoles and was supported as long as its PC counterparts since it's Epics 2nd time making a UT (named) game on the PS platform, but their first time making a true UT game on any system (other than PC/Linux/Mac). So I believe that the rating should've been a whole lot higher, especially after Gears for the PC got a 9 and yet: a) the community isn't tha thot b) they admit the game ain't worth a repurchase and c) the extra content isn't really that much extra.

Or atleast they need to re-review it once the mod/map maker ships out on the interweb .
Diego_921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Diego_921
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts
I rented this game and 8.5 seems about right, laggy online, no voice chat makes it not very fun to play online
Krammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krammin
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts
Best thing to do - Play the game and judge for yourself. I bought R&C TOD after the review and loved it, everyone is different...
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
I havn't played the game yet but from what I've heard an 8.5 sounds about right...I was rather surprised by the length of the review though, or lack thereof.
SuicidePretzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SuicidePretzel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

PC review - PS3 review

_

Front-end interface has too many menus and selections to move through, which makes it feel sort of like a console game.- PS3 + 0.5 = 9.0

Some occasional performance and lag issues_ User-created content options not yet implemented. - 1.0 = 8.0

User-created content options not yet implemented. +0.5 = 8.5

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

I love the game, and I don't have a problem with the score that they gave at all. It's definitely something for everyone to at least try (rent or play at a friend's house). If the fast paced action turns you off, then don't play anymore. I find the constant action exciting, and with no real penalty for dying, I can keep fragging to increase my kill count.

Great game, indeed.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
Gamespot needs to get their act up seriously...fistoflight

I lost faith in GS reviews awhile ago. I only come to look up old reviews from several years back. And to check out these forums. But lately I found www.gametab.com to offer me better and up to the minute info.
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IppotheFighter
lol @ _Cab0ose87_ saying gamespot is spot on halo 9.5 need i say more.
Bolund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bolund
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts

and By the way Genius, just to clear things up, It scored the EXACT same as the PC version._Cab0ose87_

Yea, but they reduced the PC version score for playing TOO CONSOLE like. Now its on a console, whats the problem agian? Do some thinking before you open you mouth again.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
THere is no need of discussion. Gamespot gave the right score. the game has problems.. and it got tolled for it.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
It got the same score as the PC version, so go read that for a more in-depth review. What more do you guys want???
SouL-AsyluM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SouL-AsyluM
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
although i dont agree with the review for Uncharted... this one seems pretty good, and i wouldnt expect this game to get a higher grade than the PC, and i dont think the 360 will either... i do like the other grading system better but this review seems spot on.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

IMO, score was on the spot. From what I have heard it doesn't deserve a 9.rogerjak

Actually, if you've played the game... the online is deserviing of a 9! The single player is not worth playing if you have access to broadband (it's basically the multiplayer w/ bots and cutscenes... the cutscenes are AWESOME though). But the single player is the only thing worth taking a point away for. The game has played amazingly smooth and fast for me... I've only had 2 games w/ lag the entire week I've had it. And you can see the ping of maps before you join.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _Cab0ose87_

lol @ _Cab0ose87_ saying gamespot is spot on halo 9.5 need i say more.IppotheFighter

So you don't agree with their review of Halo? fine neither do i.. But their review was fair for UT3 if you yourself weren't so Biased, maybe you could see that,

Oh and to the person who said i need to do more thinking about the tiny miniscule details of the two reviews of UT3 between the PS3 and the PC.... Do you catalogue your toe nail clippings and bowel excretions too?

Seriously YOU ARE PARANOID!

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 _Cab0ose87_

[QUOTE="_Cab0ose87_"]and By the way Genius, just to clear things up, It scored the EXACT same as the PC version.Bolund

Yea, but they reduced the PC version score for playing TOO CONSOLE like. Now its on a console, whats the problem agian? Do some thinking before you open you mouth again.

Well, for one thing the online LAGS like S***! i have the game, i have played it, it's a great game but just because it was "too console like" on the PC doesnt make it perfect now that it's on the PS3 with a subpar online mode, and no splitscreen which is odd considering the core of UT is in it's multiplayer.

so i'll do some more thinking and you can polish up on your READING my friend... Gamespot mentioned that the online was pretty choppy.

kazuya_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 kazuya_m
Member since 2004 • 1752 Posts

metacritic and gameranking gave it (or better say sum it up)a 89, so almost AAA

gamestats as well, but gamerankings says that they need 20 reviews till it's a useable score. Still far from that everywhere, need to wait till it gets released worldwide.

By the way, on gamestats, Uncharted is now a full AAA, with 91 press score AND 91 user score, but on gamerankings it has got 89,9 (damnit, that was close)

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts
Its a worse version of the PC version. What did you guys expect it to get? You thought it would magically surpass the PC version? Come on, have realistic expecations. Gamespot didnt underrate the PS3, they just underrated the game.
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
what do you want? the pc version scored 8.5 too
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 _Cab0ose87_

what do you want? the pc version scored 8.5 tookingtahktahkhuk

Exactly, Plus, gamespot mentioned that the PS3 version didnt have user made content available like the PC version and also that the online suffered from "performance issues and Lag"