USB Headset Audio

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BurningChimaera
BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 BurningChimaera
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

I just picked up a Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Headset to use with my PS3. The chat function works perfectly, but I have a question.

Is it possible to have all the audio, not just the chat, go to the headset? I need this because 1) then the gameplay audio on my end won't disturb anyone else and 2) It's a lot clearer and footsteps are more audible.

If not in game, is it possible to watch videos that are on my HDD with the audio on the headset?

Sports_N_E_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sports_N_E_1
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
I also bought a headset from logitech, i dont know if it was the same as yours but at amazon it said ps2 and ps3 compatible but i dont hear anything and the whole talk icon doesnt come on, how do i set it up right?? (dude sorry for taking your flame but i need help too lol)
BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BurningChimaera

First time you use it, go to 'Accessories' in the Settings menu. Then go to 'Audio Devices', and go down to 'Input'. There, hit 'X' and then scroll until you find the name of the headset. Do the same with 'Output', and you're all set.

Sports_N_E_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sports_N_E_1
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts

lol thanks man, once again sorry for stealing your thunder.

BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BurningChimaera

No problem.

PS- BUMP!!

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
Where did you buy it?? Im lookin for a good headst
BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BurningChimaera

At Futureshop in Canada.

You could always buy it online if you need to. This one's good for chat, but I still have no idea if I can route all audio to it.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jacboy71

At Futureshop in Canada.

You could always buy it online if you need to. This one's good for chat, but I still have no idea if I can route all audio to it.

BurningChimaera

Whats the official name it says on the box so I can look it up online sorry if im being a bother.

BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BurningChimaera
[QUOTE="BurningChimaera"]

At Futureshop in Canada.

Jacboy71

Whats the official name it says on the box so I can look it up online sorry if im being a bother.

Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headset

LOL I post a thread, I'm the one answering questions in it.

stickstick86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stickstick86
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
i wanna know the same...i want to hear all the audio in my usb headset...anyone answer!!
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacboy71

Im about to buy it is this it??

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3280505&Sku=L23-6331&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE

Please forgive my annoyance lol but I really need a headset

Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Headset with Microphone

BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BurningChimaera

Bingo that's the one.

Just so you know, the packaging will take you hours to get open.

Stabbing it wildly with a knife does help, though.

beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
Lol reading your thread i came up with a question but i wont ask it since this is your thread. Unfortunetly there isnt a way to have the headset put out audio sounds from the game as well as from the chats. To get audio in a headset you would have to plug it into a headphone jack from your speakers on the TV or surround sound setup. Maybe someday Sony will add the option but as of right now its either have a headset on and audio coming out the TV or have audio in a headset with no chat. But then again if u have a bluetooth headset u could put it on under a normal headset so you can hear audio from the game and chat. (weird setup i know, but thats about the only option as of right now) Im sorry dude.
BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BurningChimaera
Ah well here's to hoping for an update that lets us do that.
babtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 babtv
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm asking myself the same simple question:

How can I output the ps3 audio to my headset other than in gaming chat mode, and is it possible at all ???

familialewis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 familialewis
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts
Using the audio jack of the tv or sorround
divingfire12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 divingfire12
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I dont have any speakers, and I bought this headset for this purpose, only find out I cant route the sound to it? This makes no sense whatsoever, there has to be a way to do it. I dont care about talking to others, how can I just hear out of the headset
riznitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 riznitch
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts

yep. its a no-go for sound. i found out the hard way also. gonna try an return the headset and buy a turtle beach headset built just for ps3. heres the link for it.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efpx1/home.aspx

chadlauricella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chadlauricella
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The p21 from turtle beach is one of two or three headsets that I have seen that use both chat AND game audio in the headset. It accomplishes this be having RCA "piggy back" jacks to get the audio signal and usb for the mic.

RCA Piggy back jack on right side

RCA Piggy back jack's are on the right side of this pic.

The X4 from turtle beach has 5.1 headsets that DO WORK using the optical (I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEM PERSONALLY) for the PS3, but the chat function does NOT work. Each ear cup has 4 speakers 1 being bass. Then again who wants to spend $200 for headsets. They have mentioned new PS3 headsets coming out before the new Modern Warfare 2 release but that may only have included the p21's. Tritton also heve headsets for the PS3 but are just as or more expensive. When it comes down to it games like COD4 the audio just from your TV doesn't cut it and a sound system would have to be EXTREMELY loud for you to be able to hear foot steps and breathing like I can from my headsets.

kickhisask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kickhisask
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
you have to plug the audio jack straight into your TV. you'd have to decide between chat or in-game sounds, because you can't have both
dammit91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dammit91
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have tried that. It works in that particular menu but as soon as i press ok it stops working. It only works in the 'audio device settings' and the 'voice changer' menus. The model is logitech clearchat comfort.
puganater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 puganater
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

The p21 from turtle beach is one of two or three headsets that I have seen that use both chat AND game audio in the headset. It accomplishes this be having RCA "piggy back" jacks to get the audio signal and usb for the mic.

RCA Piggy back jack's are on the right side of this pic.

The X4 from turtle beach has 5.1 headsets that DO WORK using the optical (I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEM PERSONALLY) for the PS3, but the chat function does NOT work. Each ear cup has 4 speakers 1 being bass. Then again who wants to spend $200 for headsets. They have mentioned new PS3 headsets coming out before the new Modern Warfare 2 release but that may only have included the p21's. Tritton also have a headsets for the PS3 but are just as or more expensive. When it comes down to it games like COD4 the audio just from your TV doesn't cut it and a sound system would have to be EXTREMELY loud for you to be able to hear foot steps and breathing like I can from my headsets.

chadlauricella
yay i did it ! took me about 15 minute to sort it out i have the px21 headset from turtle beach that i use for gaming and such and I LOVE IT! so i got it to work while using HDMI for both audio and picture you need your old RCA cords and the use the "piggy back" cords to connect to the audio jacks of the RCA cords then plug your TRS connector into the "piggy back" then go in audio settings on the ps3 menu select the audio input connector / scart / av multi option then back out and chose the audio multi-output option to on and that should be gold i have audio/video from my tv still as well as my headset PM me if need anymore info another side note on the px21 headset IT'S GREAT by it i swear you will think so too and if you get then warranty if/when it breaks you just pay 10$ for a new set/warranty
Universezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Universezero
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
For those who have a standard USB Headset/Headphones, I've done a tutorial on how to hear in-game sound. I've looked around, and this seems to be one of the best (and most uncommonly known) methods I have seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_uje0Hx8A
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Using the audio jack of the tv or sorroundfamilialewis
I use mine from the back of the PS3, sounds pretty good.