Uncharted may be my new favorite game series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySun369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GreySun369
Member since 2010 • 226 Posts

I beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune not too long ago and just recently started on Uncharted 2. I think I'm really liking these games now for a number of reasons. I mean they have good graphics, cool realistic treasures to find, lots of extras like weapons, character skins, art galleries, and game tweaks, and while the stories in each game don't seem as deep as games like the Yakuza series they are still entertaining and kept me interested in finding out how the games are going to end (I own all three Uncharted games BTW).

Plus another reason I like these games is because they feel complete. They're not full of annoying bugs like Bethesda's games and they don't have important content left out like Yakuza 3 does. These are just really fun, well-made, complete game.

Some day I'm going to try and get the Tomb Raider Trilogy because I've heard the Uncharted games have copied a lot from Tomb Raider and because I like this style of gaming now I want to try both game series so I can have lots of fun exploring exotic ruins and fighting badguys.

Anyways I just thought I'd share with the world how much I like these games now. I highly recommend Uncharted to anyone who hasn't played it yet. :)

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
i bought my ps3 becasue of UC2. Best TPS ive played. UC3 is better online, but lacks the amazingness that UC2 had single player. Gear of war is the only other TPS i like this gen, but id say over all UC series is better.
Cedars65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cedars65
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

You and me both. I fell in love with the series just a few months ago when I decided to try UC2. It's the best series this gen has to offer, in my opinion.

GreySun369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreySun369

I agree with both of you, especially about Uncharted 2 having the best single player mode. I really liked the level inside the Turkish museum where Drake and his Australian friend were sneaking around guards to steal a rare artifact. And the very beginning where Drake is wounded and on a wrecked trained was totally epic, definetly one of the best game intros I've ever seen.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Agreed. UC2 was amazing. UC3 was really good, but felt like more of the same, with different locales.

About halfway through Golden Abyss right now, it's okay...UC2 is still the champ.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
I don't see why not... Actually, I was having lots of trouble adjusting with PS3 graphics/gamepad (I mainly play on PC) when I was playing so the awkwardness put a sour taste in my pallet for the first one. Some people on here told me to persevere and finish it cause the 2nd one is ways better than the first (graphically/gameplay/story)... They were right :) I'm currently playing through the 3rd one (looks pretty stunning), just got it through the mail :D
GreySun369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreySun369

The way I see it Uncharted 1 was a good experiment game. It's not as good as the other games but it's still fun and gave Naughty Dog a chance to try an idea for a game and see how it would work. It did pretty well and so they decided to improve on it. Granted the games did copy a lot from Tomb Raider, but that doesn't make them bad games in my opinion. They're both kind of unique in their own way such as Tomb Raider featuring a female protagonist and Uncharted featuring a male protagonist, and they both have their own agendas for finding treasures. For example Lara Croft does it for the good of mankind and Nathan Drake does it for personal profit.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

The way I see it Uncharted 1 was a good experiment game. It's not as good as the other games but it's still fun and gave Naughty Dog a chance to try an idea for a game and see how it would work. It did pretty well and so they decided to improve on it. Granted the games did copy a lot from Tomb Raider, but that doesn't make them bad games in my opinion. They're both kind of unique in their own way such as Tomb Raider featuring a female protagonist and Uncharted featuring a male protagonist, and they both have their own agendas for finding treasures. For example Lara Croft does it for the good of mankind and Nathan Drake does it for personal profit.

GreySun369
Well it may start out for Drake that way but usually ends up the other way.
GreySun369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GreySun369

[QUOTE="GreySun369"]

ez_moneymaker

Well it may start out for Drake that way but usually ends up the other way.

Yeah I know what you mean, but still I like to think of Drake as being different from Lara Croft. He's basically like her male counterpart. :)

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

It's up there for me too and it's got lasting appeal. I really loved Drake's Fortune, Eddy was a brilliant character :P U2 was sublime, the SP just seemed perfect and U3 really topped it off as the SP was also fantastic, with an excellent MP addition.

I can't really pick a favourite, they're all great in their own way.

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
[QUOTE="GreySun369"]

Some day I'm going to try and get the Tomb Raider Trilogy because I've heard the Uncharted games have copied a lot from Tomb Raider and because I like this style of gaming now I want to try both game series so I can have lots of fun exploring exotic ruins and fighting badguys.

I wouldn't go into the TR series expecting anything as great and polished as Uncharted. Everything that TR does, UC does significantly better, in my opinion. Hoping for good things out of the new Tomb Raider though...
4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts
Uncharted has almost nothing to do with Tomb Raider besides the archaeological aspect to it. Whoever says otherwise is an ignorant moron. Uncharted is a TPS with a small emphasis on platforming and puzzles while Tomb Raider is a platformer with small emphasis on shooting and great emphasis on puzzles. Whoever played both knows they're nothing alike
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Uncharted 2 and 3 are the only games that I think deserve perfect 10s, all the games I do see getting 10s always have some flaws.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySun369"]

jnjreams76

I wouldn't go into the TR series expecting anything as great and polished as Uncharted. Everything that TR does, UC does significantly better, in my opinion. Hoping for good things out of the new Tomb Raider though...

puzzles.... play tomb raider anniversary...the puzzles are so amazing!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Uncharted has almost nothing to do with Tomb Raider besides the archaeological aspect to it. Whoever says otherwise is an ignorant moron. Uncharted is a TPS with a small emphasis on platforming and puzzles while Tomb Raider is a platformer with small emphasis on shooting and great emphasis on puzzles. Whoever played both knows they're nothing alike4dr1el

the platforming is what's alike... drake climbing buildings and sign posts... it works the same way as what TR legend did before uncharted... and of course the whole treasure hunter thing..

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

just wait till you play uncharted 3...awesome

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I think the series is overrated, but good regardless.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

Uncharted series is amazing and I hope its around for a very very long time

GreySun369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreySun369

just wait till you play uncharted 3...awesome

wazzawazza18

I'm going to play it right after I beat Uncharted 2. :) Then once I beat all three games I'm going to try and unlock every extra like the weapons and character skins. I know that will probably take forever though. :P