Uncharted 2 better then Metal Gear Solid 4?!

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Inuyasha1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Inuyasha1st
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

Which one is worth buying first? Im trying to convince my friend of which game he should get first for his first ps3 and hes leaning towards uncharted 2 cause it got a 10 in playstation magazine but so did MGS4 and it seems alot better to me. What do you guys think?

Could this new guy Nathan Drake pwn Solid Snake?

Takuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Takuzi
Member since 2009 • 251 Posts

Really depends on your taste in games. If you're a fan of MGS, then you'll love MGS4 because it sums everything up beautifully with great amount of cutscenes. If movies are your thing, go for MGS4. If you're up for more adventure, then U2.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Uncharted 2 imo.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18811 Posts
MGGS4 for online no questions but MGS4 SP was so empty. i mean my 1st play through was 16 hrs., but out of that 16 hrs, 70% of that time i was watching cutscenes.
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
Uncharted 2 because the single player is a blast. It's also a good length. Oh yeah the multi-player is not that bad either
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

In my opinion they aren't even of the same caliber. MGS4 is an incredibly deep experience with many different tactics at your disposal. You can play through it multiple times and have it never feel the same just by varying your tactics and weapon set. Uncharted 2 is so linear and lacking in variation it's not even funny.Still had excellent production value, and definitely provided some intense moments, but I never felt like I had any say in the way the game unfolded.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Hmm...I really cannot compare these two games.

But I must admit, they are the only games this gen (aside from Uncharted 1) that gave me the feeling that I was experiencing something truly epic.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Uncharted 2 is one of the best games on ps3. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on ps3.
fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

I personally like UC2 more because for me, i can keep coming back to play singleplayer, multiplayer, and the experience is so entertaining.

MGS4 was a more deep story slow action. a great game, but ill take UC2 any day over MGS4.

Supersayian007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Supersayian007
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

MGGS4 for online no questions but MGS4 SP was so empty. i mean my 1st play through was 16 hrs., but out of that 16 hrs, 70% of that time i was watching cutscenes.PSP107

Dude online sucked on mgs 4, uncharted 2 is WAAAAYYY better on multiplayer.But i guess if you dont like the story in mgs the cutscenes would be annoying but yea i would say IMO

Uncharted 2 online

MGS 4 Story

Uncharted 2 gameplay

MGS 4 Sound

So it really depends what your going for so yea

BTW: Graphics should not matter because they are both great

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

yo im a BIIG fan of mgs, but i think uncharted 2 is better, uncharted 2 aint better than mgs1 tho :P

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PSP107
y do MGS4 fans diss MGO? anyway, i never went the Uncharted games yet, but MGS1 is still best SP ever.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
MGS4 for me. No contest.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Ask me, i prefer many games over mgs4. No i dont think its bad, its just that after one playtrough, i skipped all the videos, i was not in mood to watch them again. For one playtrough is amazing but after that it gets a bit of a bore.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Both games are worth playing. But Metal Gear Solid 4 might be better if you've played and understood the other MGS games first.
Avatar image for deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
deactivated-601cc8c28f97e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
Member since 2005 • 679 Posts

I just finished metal gear 10 minutes ago big boss mode great game, I freakin loved the cut scenes more than gameplay so it factored out for me. I bought uncharted 2 earlier today so I'm in the same boat as you. Play MGS4 first.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
MGS4 is better, i liked uncharted 2 alot but mgs4 is far supperior
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
There two completely different games. MGS's story has been going on for like ever, so if your a big MGS fan you obviously need to pick this up to tie everything up. If your new to the series the game doesn't have the same spark at all. I never cared for Metal Gear Solid, but i picked it up really cheap so I've played it and beat it. Uncharted is an action adventure that is often paced, and a whole lot less serious which I really like.
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

Uncharted 2 is great, but i have to go with MGS4. the story in Uncharted 2 is like those Hollywood movies (and i mean, not so thought-provoking). storyline is good and all, but MGS4 takes on real-life issues (PMCs) and is on a much more serious tone, so i like it more. both have variety in gameplay (mgs4 doesn't have platforming though, but it has awesome sneaking and the octocamo suit is a beast). go with mgs4, then uncharted 1, then unhcarted 2.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
If he likes or is familiar with MG then MGS4 but if not definitly Uncharted 2 because it will be much easier to get into.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Both games are a must have for any PS3 owner looking for great games with awesome gameplay,graphics and story. Now the one thing Uncharted 2 has over MGS is the online play. MGO could have been so much better.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

uncharted 2 looks really good and i will be getting it for sure for christmsas. i have got mgs4 though. it is one of the greatest games ive played. some say the cutscenes are too long but i find them better then any movie anyway. the cutscenes add to the beuaty of this game, get mgs 4 it is epic.

i will say get both, but seeing as though ive only played mgs4, if it had to be one game then get mgs4.

by the way, although nathan drake is up there with snake, never say ndrake will pwn snake. they are sortta equal, but if one of them pwned the other, it would be snake (even old snake)

big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

u dare comparing?

of course MGS4 is way better.espicially if u played the previous games.

big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 big_boss1988

and another point why don't he buy them both. i didn't play uncharted 2 yet but judging on some people it good.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#25 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Which one is worth buying first? Im trying to convince my friend of which game he should get first for his first ps3 and hes leaning towards uncharted 2 cause it got a 10 in playstation magazine but so did MGS4 and it seems alot better to me. What do you guys think?

Inuyasha1st
IMO Uncharted 2 is the best game released this generation on any console. So yes U2 > MGS4 though you can't really go wrong with either.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I haven't played Uncharted 2 yet but I did beat Uncharted 1 back in the day, I have to say Uncharted is an easier game to jump into and play, I never played a Metal Gear game in my life so me jumping into MGS4 would probably turn me off to the experience and I wouldn't get the satisfaction out of it fans would.

Hopefully that makes sense. :)

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
[QUOTE="Inuyasha1st"]

AzelKosMos
IMO Uncharted 2 is the best game released this generation on any console. So yes U2 > MGS4 though you can't really go wrong with either.

I feel the same, although TC really you should play both sometime. If you haven't played the first three Metal Gear Solid games though you should play those before 4, or at least read up on the story somewhere or else you'll have no clue what's going on
bruno_fmenedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 2

#28 bruno_fmenedes
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts

MGS4 costs 30$, that is half the price you have to pay for Uncharted 2, 60$.

So, using simple math, it's easy to come to the conclusion that, in terms of cost:

MGS4 + another 30$ game = Uncharted 2

If there's another great 30$ game your friend wants, I think it's better to buy MGS4 and that game, and than buy Uncharted 2 when its price drops.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

UC2 is great, but MGS4 is better IMO.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

Inuyasha1st

I think theuncharted series could be a better breath of fresh air. MGS is kind of played out. I think lots of people buy it out of habbit now.

Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#31 Hanzoadam
Member since 2009 • 6576 Posts

Id say MGS 4 everytime I enjoyed both but MGS 4 is so much better and you get MGO as well :P

MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
MGS4 is the best bang for your buck, since it's half the price. It's hard deciding which is better, though. Both give the option of either stealth or shooting, but Uncharted 2 forces you into shooting much more. MGS4 doesn't have any of the badass platforming, but it does have some amazing AI(especially on the Boss Extreme. If you don't play through on a speed run on the Boss Extreme, you'll see), and it's got a lot of neat little secrets everywhere that don't involve collecting a single item throughout the whole time to get a trophy*cough*boring*cough*(which is what shows me that the developers really care about their games). I haven't played through Uncharted 2's singleplayer multiple times, but I have played MGS4's through multiple times, and it's still fun after the first time through. It's a really hard decision to make on which one is better. But if I were to have to make this decision in one second, I would just automatically think MGS4, because I LOVE stealth. If you learn how to play Metal Gear Online(and learn some teamwork), then it's extremely fun. In Uncharted 2, it seems like everyone goes out on their own(like in Halo and CoD), gets killed, respawns, then goes out and gets killed on their own, until someone finally gets the idea to use teamwork and usually dominates those lone wolves. I try to go toward my teammates, but they're usually dead by the time I get to them, and I die by the people who killed that person. Both MP modes have a rank-up system, and have a currency system to use to buy items. Uncharted 2's buying interface is a bit more friendly, but less customizable, since there are many item colors and items to choose from in Metal Gear Online. Right now, however, I'm playing LittleBigPlanet GOTY, and I missed my chance at getting the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition because of it. :p
big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 big_boss1988

definitely mgs4

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
MGS4 is more of a required taste, you either like it or you don't but you can't deny that it's a well made game. On the other hand Uncharted 2 has appeal for everyone, both games are quite similar but with one big difference, with MGS4 I feel like Im playing a game and watching a movie, which appeals to me cause I love games with emphasis on story. Now Uncharted 2 I feel like Im doing both at the same time thus I feel it will be enjoyed by a bigger audience compared to MGS4. At the end of the day both are EPIC gmes and should be bought, especially since MGS4 is now half the price.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Both games are a must have for any PS3 owner looking for great games with awesome gameplay,graphics and story. Now the one thing Uncharted 2 has over MGS is the online play. MGO could have been so much better.GrandJury

Agreed, i think mgo is just flat out horrible, but if you looking into other aspects of the game

such as single player, graphics, story, then mgs is the right choice.

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games on ps3. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on ps3.xmitchconnorx
Yeah what he said..

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
MGGS4 for online no questions but MGS4 SP was so empty. i mean my 1st play through was 16 hrs., but out of that 16 hrs, 70% of that time i was watching cutscenes.PSP107
You have your priorities COMPLETELY backwards...
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

Uncharted 2 isnt better than MGS4 but it is definitely up to par with it...so yes i say tell your friend go buy Uncharted 2 first

ninja_where

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ninja_where
Member since 2008 • 2447 Posts
Both games tie for the best game of the PS3, heck, maybe even the generation. But IMO, MGS4 is the best since it has a more compelling story full of twists and there's a variety of tactics you can do to progress through the SP experience. Uncharted 2 has a good story, yeah, but there's not exactly a "deep and touching" end. The gameplay has some stealth and action similar to MGS4, but the options limit you to melee, shooting, run and gun, covering, and stealth. The only problem is that you need to play the games before MGS4 to fully understand it while you don't have to play Uncharted to understand the story of Uncharted 2. However, the entire MGS series is like one game with an amazing story and gameplay experience, except it's cut up into stand alone games that were released through out the years. MGO isn't as great as Uncharted 2's MP, but they both share similar ideas. However, Uncharted 2 MP has a variety of modes and such despite the low number of participants for a match. Then again, Uncharted is probably the new Metal Gear. There's stealth and action and a badass main character with incredible ninja skills like Snake. As Metal Gear Solid reaches its final games, Uncharted is just starting.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts

no, not even close

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#41 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Uncharted 2 more action packed and the cut scenes aren't as long but both games are amazing whichever you get first you will love.

P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 P-vs-P
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games on ps3. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on ps3.xmitchconnorx

Thank you.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Inuyasha1st

How about letting him choose for himself? After all, he's the one who's going to play his game.

I think that Uncharted 2 is definitely superior than MGS4

I think that Drake has more personality. I really like the character. Snake just has that "angry soldier" personality of which I'm not a big fan of.

mhsdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mhsdrake
Member since 2007 • 3091 Posts
I prefer Uncharted 2. Best game Iv played this gen.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#45 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

MGS4

Snakeeyes8855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Snakeeyes8855
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
When I played MGS 4 I was dissapointed. Its a movie allright. But its too Japanese. MGS 3 was epic. It didn't matter that it was Japanese. MGS4 is arguably THE corniest of all the MGS games. Get the "American Hollywod" game. MGS4 is not thought provoking!!! Unless you are 12. I am 21 (and know what awesome games are). I keep up with the news and know a lot about foreign affairs and domestic affairs. THAT stuff is thought provoking. This Hideo Kojima has too big of a dull imagination and its JAPANESE!! Same reason I could never stand Dragon Ball Z as a kid. When they get mad (as Americans) you want to laugh at them. MGS4 is like a tribute to a game. Like those crappy record tributes to music artists. MGS3 was a real game. MGS4 is not a real game. Go for Uncharted all you who are on the fence. I wish I had somebody to put it the way I just put it.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PSP107
MGS4 gameplay is so empty and bland. More like a trail run.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Lol, the PS3 board needs to make up their mind.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I thought it was

It actually had functional gameplay and a story that wasn't convoluted beyond recognition

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PSP107
[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

I thought it was

It actually had functional gameplay and a story that wasn't convoluted beyond recognition

can you go into detail when you say FUNCTIONAL GAMEPLAY?