Troubleshooting PS3 Network

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for brandonthesaint
brandonthesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 brandonthesaint
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

I have a signal strength of 90 and I can connect to the the internet, but I can't sign in to PS3 Network, it says its timed out. Any suggestions?

Raven_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Raven_Theory
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts
Try a wired connection.
hpimt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hpimt2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i am trying to get my ps3 connected to the internet via wireless. every time i enter my hub's name and password, it tells me that an error has occured. any suggestions
rahul_rul210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rahul_rul210
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

same problem i just keep trying and i eventually sign in

hasnain608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hasnain608
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

u have to reset ur whole wireless connection because the timing out occurs when ur wireless is being used alot and it slows down try reseting it, should work after that

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

If it's timing out during the "Exchanging Key Information" part, then you probably accidently made a mistake when inputting your key for your router.

If it's timing out during the "Obtaining IP Address" part, then it's possible that your firewall is blocking your PS3 altogether.

hpimt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hpimt2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i know i typed in the right password but it always comes up with eror 8013013E
Thanatos_2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thanatos_2012
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts
Wifi on the Ps3 is weak, it would alwayz sign me out but I dont have a gaming router so that could be the problem
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

i know i typed in the right password but it always comes up with eror 8013013Ehpimt2

Well in your case, if you are getting the error right away while typing in the ID and Key(Password), it's possible you are typing in the wrong ID for your router because if you type in the wrong key, it won't give you an error until you are testing the connection after you finish setting it up. It'll time out while "Exchanging key information".

Slither494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Slither494
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I sent a msg to EA and they said this was a playstation network problem, im not sure. I just played FIFA 09 Ultimate Team mode on the PS3 and i enjoyed it. I then tried to purchase the full game by going to the BUY, TRADE, COLLECT option and selecting PLAYSTATION@STORE, and then selecting the 'purchase' option. It then takes me to the screen which gives me the option to 'BUY FULL VERSION', once selected, it give the option of continuing or cancelling. As soon as i select the 'continue' option, it takes me back to the PLAYSTATION@STORE section. Any help?
carissag8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 carissag8
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
When turning on the ps3 it just gives a grey screen with waves in it and wont go to any menus? how do i fix this?
jimfromdyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimfromdyer
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My ps3 controller will not work on any of my games properly but one... Which is little league world series2010..have about 10 games and that is the only one it works completely on. Saints row for instance wont let me use the X triangle square or circle button. Analog stick works fine...on other games the anolog stick won't work. Any information is appreciated. controller works on a friends ps3 fine. It is a wired controller and I have a wireless one but it doesnt work at all. Wired controller works fine with netflix and such!
fender_paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fender_paladin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I am attempting a wired connection, but the PS3 says 'An Ethernet Cable is not connected.' The cable is good. It provides me internet without problems. I am simply removing it from the back of my computer and putting it into the PS3. It is secured well both on the system end and the modem end. Any ideas?