? to Final Fantasy fans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DarkChocobo9BSC
DarkChocobo9BSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkChocobo9BSC
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

being the kind of gamer i am i play on sony, microsoft, nintendo consoles. i see alot of controversy over final fantasy on the 360 and how it shouldnt be there, but what says that final fantasy should be a sony console exclusive, what ties does sony have with square enix? i dont see that much controversy over the final fantasy crystal chronicles series being on nintendo consoles. and on this note why do ppl fight over which console is better wouldnt it be the came companies that matter not what you are playing on. i dont see ppl fighting over what kind of computer to use like dell vs toshiba or cell phone wars, samsung vs LG. im just confused and hope somebody can help me with this seemingly pointless argument i see in every final fantasy forum

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

You don't seem to understand how multi-platform games work.

The only reason most people would rather have Final Fantasy be PS3 exclusive is because porting the game over to the other systems will put a dent in the quality. Not only that but then we have to wait longer for a game that's probably not going to be as good as it was when it was exclusive. That's the general consensus, whereas the minority are just fanboys.

Personally, I couldn't give a less **** about it.

In fact, I think it'd be hilarious if vs. XIII was ported to the other system.

And no one fights over Crystal Chronicles because it's Wii exclusive. If it were to suddenly become multi-plat, we would have to worry about the quality of each version.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

being the kind of gamer i am i play on sony, microsoft, nintendo consoles. i see alot of controversy over final fantasy on the 360 and how it shouldnt be there, but what says that final fantasy should be a sony console exclusive, what ties does sony have with square enix? i dont see that much controversy over the final fantasy crystal chronicles series being on nintendo consoles. and on this note why do ppl fight over which console is better wouldnt it be the came companies that matter not what you are playing on. i dont see ppl fighting over what kind of computer to use like dell vs toshiba or cell phone wars, samsung vs LG. im just confused and hope somebody can help me with this seemingly pointless argument i see in every final fantasy forum

DarkChocobo9BSC
First off, any PC gamer I know will ignore you if you mention AlienWare, Origin, or any other "Custom" PC builder. If you don't build your own Gaming rig, you've failed as a PC gamer. Anyway, It matters because the games industry is, and always has been, dependent on competition. Atari vs. ColecoVision, Nintendo vs. Sega, Nintendo vs. Sony, Nintendo vs. Sony vs. Microsoft... and need I remind you (in reference to phones) Apple vs. Google!! That's kind of a big one. The point is, competition drives industry. If systems didn't have exclusives, we wouldn't have different systems. If we didn't have different systems, one company would have a monopoly and that, my friend, is not good for the consumer.
Zella24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zella24
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I'll try to answer some of the questions. Sony has some ties to the FF series, having 7-10 and 12 exclusively on Sony consoles, though FF was originally on Nintendo systems before so claiming a definite company for Square to be loyal to is not really possible. The reason I believe many PS3 owners were upset with FFXIII being on the 360 was that they believed it would drag down the quality of the game due to restraints of the 360(like how it uses Dual-Layer DVDs instead of Blu-Rays which have a far larger amount of storage on them) and that it would delay production of the game.

My opinion is that it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of great multi-platform games and plenty of great exclusive games. The whole fanboy system loyalty thing is pretty dumb, if they really care about gaming they would want everyone to be able to play good games. Though exclusives and competition drive sales so exclusive deals are not gonna go away and thus the same applies to fanboys.

DarkChocobo9BSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkChocobo9BSC

oh so this is a quality of game thing rather than fans who played the originals on sony playstation feeling a connection... then again if i saw mario on 360 id be a little flustered but not up in arms like some of these forums i have seen

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

one relation sony has with SE is that they own 10% of their stock :P

DarkChocobo9BSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkChocobo9BSC

First off, any PC gamer I know will ignore you if you mention AlienWare, Origin, or any other "Custom" PC builder. If you don't build your own Gaming rig, you've failed as a PC gamer. Anyway, It matters because the games industry is, and always has been, dependent on competition. Atari vs. ColecoVision, Nintendo vs. Sega, Nintendo vs. Sony, Nintendo vs. Sony vs. Microsoft... and need I remind you (in reference to phones) Apple vs. Google!! That's kind of a big one. The point is, competition drives industry. If systems didn't have exclusives, we wouldn't have different systems. If we didn't have different systems, one company would have a monopoly and that, my friend, is not good for the consumer.

but sony has its own game industry, and so does microsoft, as well as nintendo, but square enix hasnt been bought out by a spesific console so why would fans get angry, they still get their game and its been expanded to new audiences which makes more ppl buy it

B-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#8 B-boy
Member since 2002 • 1965 Posts
ps3 has best graphics but lots xbox 360 ports has look crap on ps3
DarkChocobo9BSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkChocobo9BSC

I'll try to answer some of the questions. Sony has some ties to the FF series, having 7-10 and 12 exclusively on Sony consoles, though FF was originally on Nintendo systems before so claiming a definite company for Square to be loyal to is not really possible. The reason I believe many PS3 owners were upset with FFXIII being on the 360 was that they believed it would drag down the quality of the game due to restraints of the 360(like how it uses Dual-Layer DVDs instead of Blu-Rays which have a far larger amount of storage on them) and that it would delay production of the game.

My opinion is that it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of great multi-platform games and plenty of great exclusive games. The whole fanboy system loyalty thing is pretty dumb, if they really care about gaming they would want everyone to be able to play good games. Though exclusives and competition drive sales so exclusive deals are not gonna go away and thus the same applies to fanboys.

Zella24

thank you someone that agrees that console fan base is pointless. i also think that ppl worry to much about graphical quality, which is nice but not as important as story and gameplay mechanics

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159282

Please see above link for System Wars.

DarkChocobo9BSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkChocobo9BSC

im not trying to get into system wars im just confused that people would take the time to start something this pointless, its not the system that makes the game but the developers, people should fight if someone were to take over square-enix, which is highly unlikely, then ppl should fight over which GAMES were better

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
In fact, I think it'd be hilarious if vs. XIII was ported to the other system.Scianix-Black
I want this to happen so badly. So much trolling potential to be had.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]In fact, I think it'd be hilarious if vs. XIII was ported to the other system.hazelnutman

:lol: Evil. Pure evil. :P
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Its just stupid brand loyalty to companies that just want your munies. The quality of multiplatform games would only suffer if dev team is unfamiliar with tech, understaffed, or just bad. Its better for companies to go multiplatform as they have the potential to move more units, which would lead to more titles, and higher quality of games downt the road. Sony wants FF to stay exclusive b/c its a popular franchise and sells consoles b/c fans know which system they have to buy in order to play new one. Since FF was claimed to be such a great franchise it would be most logical that the fans of the game would want as many people out there to play the game, but instead its reserved for people who own the same console thus turning it into an elitist social club. This is the way it goes for every side from MS to nintendo to sony fanboys.

I understand the importance of exclusives to create competition, but it really creates this disgusting and frankly embarrassing attitude amongst people who think they are smarter or better than the other person who does not own the same merchandise as them. Sure some people take SW as fun, but its a sad thing when you realize more people than not actually have this obsessive following for particular brands. This same attitude is not only seen in video game industry but also take car manufacturers or nikon v canon as well as religion and nationalism.

So you know what I hope FF vs is multiplat and makes these fanboys cry, maybe some will realize how pathetic their loyalty is to a company that doesnt care about them. These companies like sony and MS love fanboys they create a lot of ignorance, lies, misunderstandings to help promote their products and downplay their competitors. These people are being used and dont even know it.

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]In fact, I think it'd be hilarious if vs. XIII was ported to the other system.TheEldestGod

No, No, No it would not be funny if Versus 13 came out on the 360. =P Its not because of me hating the 360,its because Final Fantasy is meant for PS3. Imagine all of a sudden Bungie was like Halo Reach will be on the PS3 as well. 360 fanbase would flip. So would PS3 fanbase if it happen to more FF games even PS3.

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"] I want this to happen so badly. So much trolling potential to be had.AznKSor

No, No, No it would not be funny if Versus 13 came out on the 360. =P Its not because of me hating the 360,its because Final Fantasy is meant for PS3. Imagine all of a sudden Bungie was like Halo Reach will be on the PS3 as well. 360 fanbase would flip. So would PS3 fanbase if it happen to more FF games even PS3.

KH3

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"] I want this to happen so badly. So much trolling potential to be had.AznKSor

Well, I have to admit... Halo on PS3 would be ten times as funny. Final Fantasy isn't meant for Playstation. Every FF up til VII was on a Nintendo console. VII was on the PC. XI was on Xbox360 and PC. XIII is now on the Xbox360. There are countless other FF games all over Nintendo's current consoles. I just don't see what gives Playstation any right to the franchise at all. However, I would also like to see FFvsXIII remain exclusive based on the idea of it being of higher quality. If it doesn't I'm sure you'll still get to enjoy the fact that you'll be playing the superior version. ;)
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
Not another one of these /sigh I'm not going to go into a whole big argument about why I think it should be exclusive again, it doesn't really matter. But if you're talking about vs.13, there is a sentiment about the overall potential of the game. It's just really just any other game to a lot of people. It's a system seller. And thus, people want the absolute best quality in the game. It really doesn't matter to me which console is superior or any of that system wars garbage. If this was 10 years ago and Xbox was still superior to Sony in terms of potential quality, and they were looking to make the best possible game, I would buy an Xbox just to play said game. And that's the real idea here. Also, SE kinda DID promise that vs.13 would be exclusive and if they went back on that, it'd cause a stir.
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

Its just stupid brand loyalty to companies that just want your munies. The quality of multiplatform games would only suffer if dev team is unfamiliar with tech, understaffed, or just bad. Its better for companies to go multiplatform as they have the potential to move more units, which would lead to more titles, and higher quality of games downt the road. Sony wants FF to stay exclusive b/c its a popular franchise and sells consoles b/c fans know which system they have to buy in order to play new one. Since FF was claimed to be such a great franchise it would be most logical that the fans of the game would want as many people out there to play the game, but instead its reserved for people who own the same console thus turning it into an elitist social club. This is the way it goes for every side from MS to nintendo to sony fanboys.

I understand the importance of exclusives to create competition, but it really creates this disgusting and frankly embarrassing attitude amongst people who think they are smarter or better than the other person who does not own the same merchandise as them. Sure some people take SW as fun, but its a sad thing when you realize more people than not actually have this obsessive following for particular brands. This same attitude is not only seen in video game industry but also take car manufacturers or nikon v canon as well as religion and nationalism.

So you know what I hope FF vs is multiplat and makes these fanboys cry, maybe some will realize how pathetic their loyalty is to a company that doesnt care about them. These companies like sony and MS love fanboys they create a lot of ignorance, lies, misunderstandings to help promote their products and downplay their competitors. These people are being used and dont even know it.

tutt3r
Wow, so much truth in your post. That last sentence especially.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]In fact, I think it'd be hilarious if vs. XIII was ported to the other system.hazelnutman

Same here, I just can't wait to tell charter " Inz yo facez".
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Doesn't this thread belong in System Wars? :?.