[[ The most Realistic GT5 Prologue Pictures ]] - 56k warning

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smashhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 smashhero
Member since 2004 • 1101 Posts

Do I need to say more? ;)

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Oh... my... God... I still won't be getting it, though. I hate Gran Turismo.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
they should make a action adventure game to see how that looks
Lividrecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lividrecca
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
They should make a game with alot of hot chicks that look as real life as the cars do whehehe!
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

They should make a game with alot of hot chicks that look as real life as the cars do whehehe!Lividrecca

yeah lets start a petition

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
...wow, those envrionments look almost real...
/sarcasm
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Wow... Such realism. Can't wait for it to come out.
dsan224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 dsan224
Member since 2006 • 1552 Posts
woah, those graphics are stunning. im not gonna get this game though, cuz i think gran turismo is boring
i_DUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 i_DUB
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL GODS
Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts

is this CGI?

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I'm definitely getting this game. People say GT is boring because they're into arcade racing instead of sims. GT is going to be awesome with a g25 wheel.
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts

/sarcasm
moshakirby

oh my god he's right:roll:

Groove60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Groove60
Member since 2004 • 359 Posts

/sarcasm
moshakirby

And what game would you compare this to? I can only guess...

sgallag_play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sgallag_play
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts
Looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on it
smashhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 smashhero

is this CGI?

Freebird8877

No, This is in-game real time.

vip3r666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 vip3r666
Member since 2005 • 1398 Posts
[QUOTE="Freebird8877"]

is this CGI?

smashhero

No, This is in-game pre-rendered.

technically its all CGI because a "computer" still generates the image (Computer Generated Image)

but its real time and not pre-rendered :D

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 moshakirby
you obviously don't see, that the back grounds (or at least alot of it in the first two) are photos, like they did with GT IV
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 moshakirby
[QUOTE="Freebird8877"]

is this CGI?

smashhero

You don't get in-game pre-rendered, or are you being sarcastic?

It's eithe being rendered real time in-game, or it's pre-rendered, (like the videos when you're on the rope in Heavenly sword).
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
wow thats beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts

this looks like the games menu screen am i correct?

cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
Damn, thats crazy.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
I don't trust these. I mean even the intro video to Gran Turismo HD happens to mostly be in game graphics but seemed to be rendered with better AA and motion blur and such, so when you get in the actual game it doesn't look as nearly refined and cg like.
vandlr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vandlr
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
omg this looks crazy!
smashhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smashhero
[QUOTE="smashhero"][QUOTE="Freebird8877"]

is this CGI?

moshakirby

You don't get in-game pre-rendered, or are you being sarcastic?

It's eithe being rendered real time in-game, or it's pre-rendered, (like the videos when you're on the rope in Heavenly sword).

OK, OK, Sorry.

I typed wrong.

It is Real time in-game. :P

libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts

I'm not into GT ... but this game looks so sweet it's almost certain that I'm gonna buy it.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

I don't trust these. I mean even the intro video to Gran Turismo HD happens to mostly be in game graphics but seemed to be rendered with better AA and motion blur and such, so when you get in the actual game it doesn't look as nearly refined and cg like.
TimothyB

wrong

WTF is with you?? (I only here what you said from Xbox fanboys that play PGR and forza)

GT does not add AA (in fact xbox fanboys says PS3 has no AA it's one of the other guys)

those are in game (actual driving footage if you have gthd you can see that there is no difference between driving and viewing the replay but with different angles) though i trust my images more than the ones in the beginning post.

Over 40 images

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2901

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
I actually saw a Ferrari F430 like the one above today on display outside our local Grand Prix. I couldnt help but think "...uh, GT5!?!?!?"
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TimothyB

[QUOTE="TimothyB"]I don't trust these. I mean even the intro video to Gran Turismo HD happens to mostly be in game graphics but seemed to be rendered with better AA and motion blur and such, so when you get in the actual game it doesn't look as nearly refined and cg like.
RahKayne

wrong

WTF is with you?? (I only here what you said from Xbox fanboys that play PGR and forza)

GT does not add AA (in fact xbox fanboys says PS3 has no AA it's one of the other guys)

those are in game (actual driving footage if you have gthd you can see that there is no difference between driving and viewing the replay but with different angles) though i trust my images more than the ones in the beginning post.

Over 40 images

I've tried Gran Turismo HD at 1080p on a 65inch 1080p and the actual gameplay seemd to be a bit more rough (not edges mind you, but I could see some jaggies in the cars) compared to the slick appearence of the video. I don't know, I'll double check when I have a chance. All I know is when I tried it on the PS3 I wished to myself the gameplay and replays looked as polished as the intro video.

I have no idea about this one, haven't even watched the video yet. And that link, all those stills didn't even seem to be full 720p so then some downsampling was going one which can refine the image.

Maybe it will look perfect, maybe it won't. I was just basing my experience with the GT:HD demo intro video to live gameplay that I can't trust video releases until I'm playing it live on my tv and PS3 for the final true appearance.

I never mentioned anything about the other games or AA between consoles or that this game wouldn't have it. Why did you bring those up?

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RahKayne
[QUOTE="RahKayne"]

[QUOTE="TimothyB"]I don't trust these. I mean even the intro video to Gran Turismo HD happens to mostly be in game graphics but seemed to be rendered with better AA and motion blur and such, so when you get in the actual game it doesn't look as nearly refined and cg like.
TimothyB

wrong

Over 40 images

I've tried Gran Turismo HD at 1080p on a 65inch 1080p and the actual gameplay seemd to be a bit more rough (not edges mind you, but I could see some jaggies in the cars) compared to the slick appearence of the video. I don't know, I'll double check when I have a chance. All I know is when I tried it on the PS3 I wished to myself the gameplay and replays looked as polished as the intro video.

I have no idea about this one, haven't even watched the video yet. And that link, all those stills didn't even seem to be full 720p so then some downsampling was going one which can refine the image.

Maybe it will look perfect, maybe it won't. I was just basing my experience with the GT:HD demo intro video to live gameplay that I can't trust video releases until I'm playing it live on my tv and PS3 for the final true appearance.

I never mentioned anything about the other games or AA between consoles or that this game wouldn't have it. Why did you bring those up?

?? intro video?

I'm talking about gameplay and the replays , they DO look the same I just checked. ye syou are righ the intro video is different than the gameplay, barely. The images taken are from gameplay see above (from my link)

Reason why I brought up the other games is exactly what I said. Xbox fanboys say that gameplay and replays are different and don't believe that gt5 prologue or even gthd looks like that. They say replays have added AA. This of course is not true.

maddbummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 maddbummy
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

Those look hot. And look at this one. Is cockpit view in-game. Awesome

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RahKayne

maddbummy

sorry that looks fake too, where are you getting these from!!!!!

needs more realism

gthd look sbetter than that

;)

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TimothyB
[QUOTE="TimothyB"][QUOTE="RahKayne"]

RahKayne

wrong

Over 40 images

?? intro video?

I'm talking about gameplay and the replays , they DO look the same I just checked. ye syou are righ the intro video is different than the gameplay, barely. The images taken are from gameplay see above (from my link)

Reason why I brought up the other games is exactly what I said. Xbox fanboys say that gameplay and replays are different and don't believe that gt5 prologue or even gthd looks like that. They say replays have added AA. This of course is not true.

Hmm, a fanboy must be confused if they say a replay has added AA as that would be more taxing on the system. Unless they meant photo modes that really enhances it up for a single still in whatever game. But this is motion, so that's different. Often some game replays will have added depth of field for a camera effect and possible motion blur that they might not use during gameplay, as a design decision. But that's not what I'm talking about. I guess I'm being picky and pessimistic.

I have no doubt GT5 will look amazing. Are there any gameplay stills direct at the resolution rendered at, not resized for online? Like at 720p or 1080p (and rendered at that, not 1080p downscaled to 720p)

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RahKayne

Hmm, a fanboy must be confused if they say a replay has added AA as that would be more taxing on the system. Unless they meant photo modes that really enhances it up for a single still in whatever game. But this is motion, so that's different. Often some game replays will have added depth of field for a camera effect and possible motion blur that they might not use during gameplay, as a design decision. But that's not what I'm talking about. I guess I'm being picky and pessimistic.

I have no doubt GT5 will look amazing. Are there any gameplay stills direct at the resolution rendered at, not resized for online? Like at 720p or 1080p (and rendered at that, not 1080p downscaled to 720p)

TimothyB

you could dl the trailers (both gt5 prologue) on PSN [don't remember if they are true 1080pimages on the network though)

BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BroweChisox
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I hope they release an official car list. I truly enjoy when my cars are in the game... lets you get a feel of how well the creators did.
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
[QUOTE="maddbummy"]

RahKayne

sorry that looks fake too, where are you getting these from!!!!!

needs more realism

gthd look sbetter than that

;)

lol how can it get anymore real

isnt this that japanese simulator game?

Flavante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Flavante
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts
Its absolutely amazing.
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts
wow...that looks nice...I have always been a gran turismo fan...and this is just icing on the cake for me...
smashhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 smashhero
[QUOTE="RahKayne"]

TimothyB

wrong

Over 40 images

Gameplay or Replays, motion blur or AA, refined or not, It's still Real-time NOT CG. That is good enough.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

[QUOTE="Lividrecca"]They should make a game with alot of hot chicks that look as real life as the cars do whehehe!9thwardice

yeah lets start a petition

y not just go watch a p**** if you want that. Lets just let them do what they do best. Racing games.

vip3r666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 vip3r666
Member since 2005 • 1398 Posts

its the most photorealistic game out there. period.

AA or no AA, 1080p or 720p, in-game or replays, its the most realistic, both visually and physics-wise

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

wow those are the best graphics ive evr seen:shock:

people will soonlearn how to drive on GT 5 instead of real life:P

share_jatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 share_jatt
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts
take that forza
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
The game looks BEAUTIFUL. There's no other way to describe these graphics. It's a sad thing I'm not picking up GT5 Prologue or GT5 because I literally suck ass at GT games.
aaron5829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aaron5829
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Sure it looks great... but i think that's the photo mode like in GT4... the pictures/graphics are enhanced in a way... try that in GT4 and you'll know what i mean. Sure the game does look awesome.. but it's nowhere close to the photomode pictures... Either way.. i want to play this game so bad !!!!
DuToit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DuToit
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

its the most photorealistic game out there. period.

AA or no AA, 1080p or 720p, in-game or replays, its the most realistic, both visually and physics-wise

vip3r666

It definitely has the gfx, but I dunno about the physics. Forza took into account lots of little things like tire temperature and pressure.

smashhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 smashhero

Sure it looks great... but i think that's the photo mode like in GT4... the pictures/graphics are enhanced in a way... try that in GT4 and you'll know what i mean. Sure the game does look awesome.. but it's nowhere close to the photomode pictures... Either way.. i want to play this game so bad !!!! aaron5829

Who said photo-mode isn't part of the game's graphic? :|

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts
you obviously don't see, that the back grounds (or at least alot of it in the first two) are photos, like they did with GT IVmoshakirby
Funglip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Funglip
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts
It almost looks too real....:shock:
Lachupkabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lachupkabra
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts

Its absolutely amazing. Flavante

Only armin van buuren gets to say that. He says it over and over and over again...:roll:

smashhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 smashhero

you obviously don't see, that the back grouns (or at least alot of it in the back are photos, like they did with GT IV dubvisions

Look at the cars ! :)