The Lost and the Damned -- for PS3?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jwholloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jwholloway
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Does anyone know if Rockstar/Take Two has plans to release "The Lost and the Damned" -- advertised as "downloadable content for Xbox" for PS3?

I hate Microsoft worse than Satan... but I am a complete GTA fanatic. And I don't want to hafta buy a frickin Microsoft box just to play this GTA IV expansion...

The Wall Street Journal recently ran an article that the PS3 was falling behind in the console wars, behind the Wii and Xbox. Lower console sales means lessened developer support/attention... hope this news outta Rockstar is not the first sign of that.

Serchant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Serchant2
Member since 2008 • 431 Posts
We all wish it would come out too for PS3 but MS paid for an Xbox 360-exclusive and... well here it is.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

M$ paid 50million for that exclusive dlc, unless SONY pays Rockstar the same or more we will never get the dlc. I dont really care for it tho.

Spy_106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spy_106
Member since 2005 • 712 Posts
I don't really care about the DLC enough for me :P Rockstars backstabbed Sony by making the game for 360 too it was always for PS
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
i think MS is gonna dig themselves a grave if they keep buying things with that kind of money...
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No. Not like I'd care much for it, I got tired of GTA4 ages ago.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Doesn't matter. GTAIV was a huge dissappointment.
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts

i think MS is gonna dig themselves a grave if they keep buying things with that kind of money...supa_badman

They make around $12 BILLION dollars profit every year. I hardly doubt a couple hundred million would make a difference for them.

stevrosb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 stevrosb74
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
As anyone with any basic domesticated knowledge will tell you, washer dryers are a bad idea. Sure, it may save a bit of room in a student bedsit, however, your clothes are either never quite dry or never quite washed properly. Take me, I have a hotpoint dryer and an indesit washing machine both machines specifically designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with the added bonus that, should one breakdown, at least I still have the other. I lesson I learnt with the console version of the "washer dryer" - the PS3. As it was bought with the promise of blu ray player and next gen games console all in one I was drawn, like a fly to faeces by its appeal, only later to fall foul of faulty circuitry rendering me completely entertainmentless, apart from my sons ds! It quickly brought back vague memories of me turning up to student parties in musty smelling clothes and decided there and then what i was to do. I purchased a panasonic blu ray player and a microsoft xbox both machines designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with added bonus etc, etc. I now have a rumble pad (with proper triggers!), a headset (came with it!), the analogue stick in the right place, a friends list as long as my arm and a stack of blu ray discs! Now I would write more only... my GTA4 DLC has just downloaded and er, i'm dying to play it! chow for now!
barker132000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 barker132000
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts
I didnt like GTA4 so im fine with not ever getting it.
CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
It seems interesting, I enjoyed GTA IV so I'm kinda upset that we don't get it =/
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]i think MS is gonna dig themselves a grave if they keep buying things with that kind of money...ChrnoTrigger

They make around $12 BILLION dollars profit every year. I hardly doubt a couple hundred million would make a difference for them.

:x damn technocalities
wenzke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 wenzke
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
As has been mentioned before, this is X360 exsclusive so your stuck. About the only chance you have is if this is only a timed exclusive, and you see it on PS3 in a year or something. I suppose its possible, but I owuldn't hold my breath. And FYI, I believe Rockstar is making a PS3 exclusive game, (L.A. Noire?) so don't worry to much abvout it.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I heard it's 1.7 gig download.

No thanks to that.

Infobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Infobot
Member since 2003 • 3339 Posts

No thanks to that.

TriangleHard

Damn...

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
:roll: as if GTAIV's story wasn't boring enough.. they decided that adding generic biker gang expansion would help... *sigh*
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
i wouldnt buy it
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
i'm not gonna lie and say i wouldn't want it. but they released it way too late for it to be of a lot of interest. plus, kz2 is right around the corner
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
L&D is basically the first of two SP-oriented DLC expansions that Rockstar basically gave to Microsoft for exclusivity to the 360 version. If anything, be glad that at least on a console, the game will play better than how the windows version plays. :p :lol:
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts
only for 360 but Im sure they will have some type of dlc for the PS3
rctyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rctyke
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
I'm disappointed about that. But quick question, do you need the 360 Version of GTA4 to download Lost and Damned?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 codezer0
I'm disappointed about that. But quick question, do you need the 360 Version of GTA4 to download Lost and Damned?rctyke
You do need to have kept GTA4 to be able to run the expansion. But you don't need to have finished the main GTA4 game in order to play L&D.
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
meh i aint even finished the story on GTA 4 so i dont care
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts
I wish it would come to the PS3 but I doubt sony would pay that kind of money
eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts
itll come but wont turn up for another 6 months
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Nah, it probably won't happen. I'm more interested in entirely new games instead of DLC that doesn't even add any new areas or islands, but that's just me.
Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts

No thanks to that.

TriangleHard
tht's kinda large..
Venom_89_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Venom_89_69
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

Microsoft bought L&D and they also bought the next DLC for GTA after that.

besides i wouldnt pay 30 odd dollars for a couple of extra missions and some 2 or 3 pieces of new clothing.

GTA4 is a good game, it does have its flaws but the DLC isnt really worth it

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

I don't really care about the DLC enough for me :P Rockstars backstabbed Sony by making the game for 360 too it was always for PSSpy_106

No not really they released multiple GTA's for the Xbox. But other than that... no we will not get any DLC if we do it's something small such as new weapons.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
I'm not really into the whole DLC thing anyway, so this isn't a big deal for me.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

As anyone with any basic domesticated knowledge will tell you, washer dryers are a bad idea. Sure, it may save a bit of room in a student bedsit, however, your clothes are either never quite dry or never quite washed properly. Take me, I have a hotpoint dryer and an indesit washing machine both machines specifically designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with the added bonus that, should one breakdown, at least I still have the other. I lesson I learnt with the console version of the "washer dryer" - the PS3. As it was bought with the promise of blu ray player and next gen games console all in one I was drawn, like a fly to faeces by its appeal, only later to fall foul of faulty circuitry rendering me completely entertainmentless, apart from my sons ds! It quickly brought back vague memories of me turning up to student parties in musty smelling clothes and decided there and then what i was to do. I purchased a panasonic blu ray player and a microsoft xbox both machines designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with added bonus etc, etc. I now have a rumble pad (with proper triggers!), a headset (came with it!), the analogue stick in the right place, a friends list as long as my arm and a stack of blu ray discs! Now I would write more only... my GTA4 DLC has just downloaded and er, i'm dying to play it! chow for now!stevrosb74
Hmmm... so by your logic combo ideas means that the actual products suffer because they are not at thier full potential. I guess I can relate and agree to that, but by that logic that means that the iphone is not a good product, I would be better off getting a phone, mp3 player, video player, picture holder, etc...

Truth be told some things are not great as a combo idea and some things are great. And I think most would agree that PS3 is a great combo idea so you have fun with your Bluray player and 360 and your DLC for GTA.

And while you do that I will watch a couple episodes of Heroes on my PS3 through the web browser, then pop in the Dark Knight Blu Ray, Take my PSP to class and listen to music on my PS3 through wifi connection before the teacher walks in, come back to my room and play street fighter and talk through my bluetooth headset which is the same one I use for my phone, and then maybe I will log back on here and see what people have said in this post... bye bye now!!!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I don't really care about the DLC enough for me :P Rockstars backstabbed Sony by making the game for 360 too it was always for PSSpy_106
Personally, I support Rockstar, and anything they want to do to make money is fine with me. I feel like people often forget that it's the developers that create all the games that we love... not the hardware manufacturers. If Rockstar made a lot of money on the deal, good for them... they're next game will be better for it.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
i think MS is gonna dig themselves a grave if they keep buying things with that kind of money...supa_badman
It's an investment, you act like it's not going to sell.
Solidshark21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Solidshark21
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

[QUOTE="stevrosb74"]As anyone with any basic domesticated knowledge will tell you, washer dryers are a bad idea. Sure, it may save a bit of room in a student bedsit, however, your clothes are either never quite dry or never quite washed properly. Take me, I have a hotpoint dryer and an indesit washing machine both machines specifically designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with the added bonus that, should one breakdown, at least I still have the other. I lesson I learnt with the console version of the "washer dryer" - the PS3. As it was bought with the promise of blu ray player and next gen games console all in one I was drawn, like a fly to faeces by its appeal, only later to fall foul of faulty circuitry rendering me completely entertainmentless, apart from my sons ds! It quickly brought back vague memories of me turning up to student parties in musty smelling clothes and decided there and then what i was to do. I purchased a panasonic blu ray player and a microsoft xbox both machines designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with added bonus etc, etc. I now have a rumble pad (with proper triggers!), a headset (came with it!), the analogue stick in the right place, a friends list as long as my arm and a stack of blu ray discs! Now I would write more only... my GTA4 DLC has just downloaded and er, i'm dying to play it! chow for now!baller72

Hmmm... so by your logic combo ideas means that the actual products suffer because they are not at thier full potential. I guess I can relate and agree to that, but by that logic that means that the iphone is not a good product, I would be better off getting a phone, mp3 player, video player, picture holder, etc...

Truth be told some things are not great as a combo idea and some things are great. And I think most would agree that PS3 is a great combo idea so you have fun with your Bluray player and 360 and your DLC for GTA.

And while you do that I will watch a couple episodes of Heroes on my PS3 through the web browser, then pop in the Dark Knight Blu Ray, Take my PSP to class and listen to music on my PS3 through wifi connection before the teacher walks in, come back to my room and play street fighter and talk through my bluetooth headset which is the same one I use for my phone, and then maybe I will log back on here and see what people have said in this post... bye bye now!!!

lol great comeback.
Avatar image for MasterDefender3
MasterDefender3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MasterDefender3
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts
Doesn't matter. GTAIV was a huge dissappointment.rockguy92
Well after playing 3 of them last gen...It doesn'T really have the same impact. So i agree with you!
dubb55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 dubb55
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
I wish I could say something as witty as the rest of you but I will just say that I would buy it if it was available but it won't be so I will get over it,,,,
B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts
i read somewhere that gta was only for the ps, but becuase microsoft charge their xbox live users 40 quid a year and times that by like 12 million people, they get money and so they pay who ever and get more exclusives and what av ya, rockstar was paid to bring gta 4 or gta to microsoft becuase microsoft didnt have any ideas to make up a game like gta but better so they copy sony with gta and paid rockstar heaps of cash to make it for microsoft, but personally i think sony WILL outsell , outclass, and outuse microsoft in the future which is now, thats just something people are not listening to, like home for example, its a social network and not a game, its basically a dashboard where you hang out n meet b4 games etc etc
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#39 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

[QUOTE="stevrosb74"]As anyone with any basic domesticated knowledge will tell you, washer dryers are a bad idea. Sure, it may save a bit of room in a student bedsit, however, your clothes are either never quite dry or never quite washed properly. Take me, I have a hotpoint dryer and an indesit washing machine both machines specifically designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with the added bonus that, should one breakdown, at least I still have the other. I lesson I learnt with the console version of the "washer dryer" - the PS3. As it was bought with the promise of blu ray player and next gen games console all in one I was drawn, like a fly to faeces by its appeal, only later to fall foul of faulty circuitry rendering me completely entertainmentless, apart from my sons ds! It quickly brought back vague memories of me turning up to student parties in musty smelling clothes and decided there and then what i was to do. I purchased a panasonic blu ray player and a microsoft xbox both machines designed for one purpose and one purpose only, with added bonus etc, etc. I now have a rumble pad (with proper triggers!), a headset (came with it!), the analogue stick in the right place, a friends list as long as my arm and a stack of blu ray discs! Now I would write more only... my GTA4 DLC has just downloaded and er, i'm dying to play it! chow for now!baller72

I LOVE this argument. I must see it's growth! lol
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

I am dissapointed that it has not come to the PS3.

New weapons, have me drooling.....

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
It is not coming for the PS3
turtle1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 turtle1983
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

just because it is exclusive don't mean that it will never come out on ps3,all gta's except gta4 were ps exclusive 3, vc, and sa were all multi platform after about 6 months, so i don't think it will be any different this time around expect to see it available in aug/sept maybe 2010 at the latest for ps3.

Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
If I remember correctly, the price Microsoft paid for the exclusivity is not indefinate and has a time frame. Meaning in X amount of time, it is no longer exclusive to Microsoft and Sony can pick it up. Personally I hope it bombs, they sell less then 2.5 million copiess of LD, and Microsoft loses money.
cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#44 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Well The Lost and the Damned is more or less an Xbox 360 speical. I hav'nt heard anything about it. Though if it did

it would be way far behind on all the latest games. Its getting old now, to be honest, the series is actually starting to get

old, this year could possibly be the last year for GTA forever so buy the game even if you need to buy an Xbox. Cause if

your mad about GTA thenget this game cause I dont think another GTA will come out again except for DLC for previous GTA's.

Make the most of this game cause this will be the last. Im sure of it.

This is gameaddict reporting to gamespot to give you the best advice, My PSN- gameaddict10

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

Well The Lost and the Damned is more or less an Xbox 360 speical. I hav'nt heard anything about it. Though if it did

it would be way far behind on all the latest games. Its getting old now, to be honest, the series is actually starting to get

old, this year could possibly be the last year for GTA forever so buy the game even if you need to buy an Xbox. Cause if

your mad about GTA thenget this game cause I dont think another GTA will come out again except for DLC for previous GTA's.

Make the most of this game cause this will be the last. Im sure of it.

This is gameaddict reporting to gamespot to give you the best advice, My PSN- gameaddict10

cooldude1888

I highly doubt the GTA franchise will ever die. They are going to keep making them. It's one of the best selling franchises ever in video game history and Rockstar would be dumb to not make another.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
Yes it is 1.7. gigs. I downloaded it last night. I am finding it fun though. I like it.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 codezer0
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

No thanks to that.

Garudo
tht's kinda large..

Rockstar did say that each expansion would be a minimum of 10 hours worth of campaign gameplay. Seems if that's the case, there's a ton of extra content along with it to make it worth someone's time to get. But that being said, even though I do have the game on 360 (since it was before I had a ps3), I really don't know if I'd spend that much on any DLC.
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
No. Not like I'd care much for it, I got tired of GTA4 ages ago.siLVURcross
True that. The game was good, but a year later I'm just not interested at all.
popdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 popdude
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]i think MS is gonna dig themselves a grave if they keep buying things with that kind of money...ChrnoTrigger

no diff for the company maybe, but tell that to the thousand or so employees they let go. you'd think the might be a bit curious if they coulda kept their jobs had it not been for that purchase, no?

THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts
forget that DLC b/c once killzone 2 and god of war 3 come out it wont even matter lol:D