The Las of Us Revisited. "Spoilers"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cradlestone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cradlestone
Member since 2003 • 46 Posts

I recently replayed "The Last of Us" and going to start the "Left Behind" DLC as I missed it during the PS3 when I had beat the game in the past. I was wondering what anyone's thoughts were on the story? Do you think that Joel was selfish for taking Elle away from the Fireflies and possibly putting an end to the outbreak and saving mankind? Do you think Elle had she awoken and giving a choice would have given her life to save all mankind? Do you think it was okay since she should have died from the infection as many others so it was okay to not wake her and just take what the fireflies needed without consulting Elle, since she should have been dead from infection anyway and this gives her life purpose? Should Elle be given choice? Anyway, just a conversation piece if anyone cares to chat about it. Have fun and Game on! Thanks.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Absolutely justified, the fireflies were going to kill Ellie and all Joel did was defend an individual who did not explicitly consent to sacrificing herself. One may be able to infer it is likely that Ellie may have agreed but no one can be 100% certain. Also had this occurred during the initial outbreak one may justify what the fireflies were doing is somewhat correct however throughout the game you can see the infection is no longer a problem, people have adapted to the new living conditions and more importantly humans are now the biggest threat rather than the infected. Beautiful writing from NaughtyDog. Truly a meaningful game.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i guess the story is quite open, since there wasn't any guarantee that sacrificing ellie would save humanity, however it also could have worked... :)

if it were my choice i would sacrifice ellie for that slim chance...

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Humanity doesn't deserve to be saved. Joel made the right choice.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Joel is a psycho. In my game he shot all the doctors and nurses in the face when he rescued Ellie. He was out of control, man.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

There was no sure chance that Ellie could of saved humanity and the fact that most of humanity didn't deserve saving it was no wonder Joel saved Ellie. The great thing NaughtyDog did with the writing was that it represented reality, life isn't just black and white, I mean the only true way of making humanity immune to it, would be for Ellie to reproduce offspring, plus alot more people would be immune it couldn't just be Ellie. The one thing I think they faulted on was giving the player the choice of saving her or not we could of got 2 branching story lines from that one scene. But It was a great way for the story to go, and it was one of the best endings to a game to date, no matter what player think of the story. It was a well written different type of story ever told in a video game