The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
So my wife and mother in law went shopping for the evening, and when they got home, I was the proud owner of a shiny new Madden NFL12!! I skipped Madden 11 and I had no intention of getting 12 even though I thought the demo was good and I think the new additions to franchise will really improve things since I last got into Madden. They just went ahead and surprised me with it... how cool is that!roboccs
That's pretty freaking sweet. I've never had anything like that happen to me.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 LightR
IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...Laser_Hunter
I couldn't get through that list. Having each new game on another page with hardly a paragraph of text is disgusting.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
[QUOTE="roboccs"]So my wife and mother in law went shopping for the evening, and when they got home, I was the proud owner of a shiny new Madden NFL12!! I skipped Madden 11 and I had no intention of getting 12 even though I thought the demo was good and I think the new additions to franchise will really improve things since I last got into Madden. They just went ahead and surprised me with it... how cool is that!LightR
That's pretty freaking sweet. I've never had anything like that happen to me.

I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least!! So far, I am limited to exhibition game right now because when I try to download the updated roster I keep getting errors. Server must be packed.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LightR
(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...ExoticAnimal
It was pretty good but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 list. I still need to beat ME on the laptop. Only have about 6-8 hours of it played so far.

I loveedddd ME1, ME2 IMO was good... but it let me down.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 jerkface96
(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻LightR
this is like the craze of the internet right now...and I dont know how to do it.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 LightR

[QUOTE="LightR"](╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ[ಠ益ಠლ] jerkface96
this is like the craze of the internet right now...and I dont know how to do it.

Me either. I just copy and paste stuff. :P

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 jerkface96

[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="LightR"](╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ[ಠ益ಠლ] LightR

Me either. I just copy and paste stuff. :P

why....did..I never think of that ol
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...jerkface96
It was pretty good but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 list. I still need to beat ME on the laptop. Only have about 6-8 hours of it played so far.

I just need to find some motivation to play it. Haven't gamed in a good while but I'm home for 3 weeks on break right now so getting in a little bit of gaming.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
lol apparently they're making a Persona fighting game with characters from P3 and P4. I absolutely loved P3 and P4, but this is just ridiculous. I can't imagine it being any good.Texas2089
Yeah... I don't really know what to think about that. I honestly have zero interest in a Persona fighting game. It's the Japanese, I tell ya. They love RPGs and the love fighting games, so devs think its a great idea to combine the two. :P Oh well... Persona 4 on Vita WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...jerkface96

That's me, in a nutshell. I actually probably would have enjoyed ME2 a lot more if I never played the first one. Or a lot less. Who can say? All I know is that I'll never pass up an opportunity for blue booty. Never.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

i think i legitimately like MLP :oops:

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 MrSelf-Destruct
You legitimately creep me the f*** out.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 starwarsjunky
You legitimately creep me the f*** out. MrSelf-Destruct
that says a LOT coming from you :lol:
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#165 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]You legitimately creep me the f*** out. starwarsjunky

I question your sanity a lot, just so you know. Then again, I also question my own sanity a lot.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 starwarsjunky
gotta love how small cameras are getting these days! :)
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]You legitimately creep me the f*** out. anime_gamer007

I question your sanity a lot, just so you know. Then again, I also question my own sanity a lot.

when did i say i was sane? :?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I don't get the mlp thing.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] that says a LOT coming from you :lol:

when did i say i was sane? :?

I'm sure it came up during one of our Borderlands secessions.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 anime_gamer007
I don't get the mlp thing. MethodManFTW
ARGH! Stop changing your avatar and sig! I always feel like some new person keeps posting in here when it's just you....
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 starwarsjunky
I don't get the mlp thing. MethodManFTW
i used to just think the meme thing was funny. then last night i decided to watch a few episodes. yeah....
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I don't get the mlp thing. anime_gamer007
ARGH! Stop changing your avatar and sig! I always feel like some new person keeps posting in here when it's just you....

i think this is the best he's had :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]You legitimately creep me the f*** out. starwarsjunky

Haha! Yeah, it should. I can be pretty creepy at times. :P Also, LOL at the dude snapping pics with his iPad.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I don't get the mlp thing. starwarsjunky

i think this is the best he's had :P

One of the best for sure. I still like the Thor one he had. Of course, I could just be a little bias. :P
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 anime_gamer007

Okay, so I beat Human Revolution for the second time. I think I can officially formulate an opinion on this game.

The Bad - A little too geared towards stealth which goes against the Deus Ex "play it your way" model. The facial animation overall is kinda lackluster and ruins some really good story beats this game has. The boss fights in the form that they are have no purpose being in the game. The way the ending is set up is far too mechanical and seemingly rushed.

The Good - Literally every other aspect of the game. I love the atmosphere and that cyber-renaissance vibe they got going on. I think on the whole it captures what made the original so damn good.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 MrSelf-Destruct

Okay, so I beat Human Revolution for the second time. I think I can officially formulate an opinion on this game.

The Bad - A little too geared towards stealth which goes against the Deus Ex "play it your way" model. The facial animation overall is kinda lackluster and ruins some really good story beats this game has. The boss fights in the form that they are have no purpose being in the game. The way the ending is set up is far too mechanical and seemingly rushed.

The Good - Literally every other aspect of the game. I love the atmosphere and that cyber-renaissance vibe they got going on. I think on the whole it captures what made the original so damn good.

anime_gamer007
I completely agree. I mean, I'm not quite to the end yet, but from what I've seen, you've hit the nail on the head. I LOVE CYBER-RENAISSANCE!!! I WANT EVERYTHING TO LOOK LIKE THIS!
Avatar image for TheKoreanZombie
TheKoreanZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 TheKoreanZombie
Member since 2011 • 189 Posts
Wow. Crazy Ending to last night's rescue me
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MrSelf-Destruct
Guess who's back. Back again. Shady's back. Tell a friend. Guess who's back... guess who's back... guess who's back... da na nun.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 anime_gamer007
Oh God! :( Giant Bomb gets all messed up just before the TNT.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MethodManFTW
Yeah dis sucks! :P Any, no! I'll never stop changing my sig/avy set up :D I'm not talented enough to really make my own so I just have to go with random pictures..
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yeah dis sucks! :P Any, no! I'll never stop changing my sig/avy set up :D I'm not talented enough to really make my own so I just have to go with random pictures..

You can always hit me up when you want something special. I definitely like your current setup though. Personally, I enjoy changing my setup every now and then. It's like getting a new tattoo or an awesome new Tshirt. :P
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yeah dis sucks! :P Any, no! I'll never stop changing my sig/avy set up :D I'm not talented enough to really make my own so I just have to go with random pictures..

You can always hit me up when you want something special. I definitely like your current setup though. Personally, I enjoy changing my setup every now and then. It's like getting a new tattoo or an awesome new Tshirt. :P

i may find a launchpad avy to use lol :P
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Also I think my project for next summer will be to play all 5 God of War games in chronological (NOT release) order.... hopefully I don't get tired of the gameplay yes i am that cool that I have video game ambitions and plans :PLaser_Hunter
Funny, I'm thinking about playing through all the MGS games in chronological order as my summer project year when the summer drought hits. And yes, ME2 was awesome. Not sure if its top 2 awesome, but definitely top 5 awesome.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]lol apparently they're making a Persona fighting game with characters from P3 and P4. I absolutely loved P3 and P4, but this is just ridiculous. I can't imagine it being any good.MrSelf-Destruct
Yeah... I don't really know what to think about that. I honestly have zero interest in a Persona fighting game. It's the Japanese, I tell ya. They love RPGs and the love fighting games, so devs think its a great idea to combine the two. :P Oh well... Persona 4 on Vita WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D

Yeah that should be awesome. Supposedly there's gonna be a new character too. I hope its more than just a female MC this time and we actually get a brand new party member and more story involving this new character. Either way, its going to be great.
gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#185 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

Ending of Mafia 2 was a shocker.

Avatar image for TheKoreanZombie
TheKoreanZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 TheKoreanZombie
Member since 2011 • 189 Posts

Never Forget About 343.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Texas2089
Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 anime_gamer007
Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(Texas2089
:o How can they give away NES games and not include the greatest NES ever made?!
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MethodManFTW
Brad was a dick to Jared the whole time.. :P
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 anime_gamer007
Brad was a dick to Jared the whole time.. :PMethodManFTW
That dude was as fruity as a fruit cake.......not that there's anything wrong with that :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(anime_gamer007
:o How can they give away NES games and not include the greatest NES ever made?!

How can they give away games that were already free to begin with?
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 LightR
Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....Laser_Hunter
Is that a good or bad thing? Also, you can't expect everything to be as short as CoD. :P
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Laser_Hunter
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....LightR
Is that a good or bad thing? Also, you can't expect everything to be as short as CoD. :P

I'm trying to figure out if I'm interested in the series but my opinions of the game are very erratic. Sometimes I feel as if the game is enthralling and exciting whereas other times objectives feel like chores that have simply been added to increase longevity. The one good thing about CoD's short campaigns is that they are always loaded with excitement....
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(MrSelf-Destruct

How can they give away games that were already free to begin with?

Zing!
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 LightR
[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....Laser_Hunter

I'm trying to figure out if I'm interested in the series but my opinions of the game are very erratic. Sometimes I feel as if the game is enthralling and exciting whereas other times objectives feel like chores that have simply been added to increase longevity. The one good thing about CoD's short campaigns is that they are always loaded with excitement....

Well if you ever get to the second game I'm sure your opinion about the series will solidify. I regret buying R2.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Laser_Hunter
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="LightR"] Is that a good or bad thing? Also, you can't expect everything to be as short as CoD. :PLightR

Well if you ever get to the second game I'm sure your opinion about the series will solidify. I regret buying R2.

Yea, I've heard R2 is a drastic change from the original. Is it true they took away the awesome narrator style? I really felt it made the story more interesting and immersive.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 LightR

[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"] I'm trying to figure out if I'm interested in the series but my opinions of the game are very erratic. Sometimes I feel as if the game is enthralling and exciting whereas other times objectives feel like chores that have simply been added to increase longevity. The one good thing about CoD's short campaigns is that they are always loaded with excitement....Laser_Hunter

Yea, I've heard R2 is a drastic change from the original. Is it true they took away the awesome narrator style? I really felt it made the story more interesting and immersive.

I never bought the first game. I had fun with the short demo so I thought R2 would've been nearlythe same. To my misfortune it wasn't.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#199 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts
New SSX will suck. No fireworks, no bright lights according to kotaku - piece of trash confirmed.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Laser_Hunter
You know what always confounds me... when a reviewer specifically call out an aspect of a game as bad and then another reviewer on a separate site calls it a good thing. For example, the IGN guy said the environments in Bodycount were boring and uninteresting, whereas in the Gamespot review environments are in "The Good" section.