Switching from PS3 to PS4...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mazakinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mazakinator
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Just you typical gamer here dropping by to ask a question one what I can get for what I already have and is the switch worth it?

Alright, so I am planning to sell my PS3 console, accessories, and games in order to buy a PS4 (controller included) ($400), FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition ($70), and Metal Gear Solid Phantom pain ($60).

I was wondering how much everything I have will give me and I would thank anyone who has the time to help me out.

Lets begins (What I own and intend to sell):

PS3 Console (8.5/10 Condition) 2 Official Sony Controllers (9/10 Condition) Gran Turismo 6 (10/10 Condition) Little Big Plant 2 (10/10 Condition) Black Ops 2 (10/10 Condition) FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition Pre-Ordered (Digital) Black Ops 3 Pre-Ordered (Digital) Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain Pre-Ordered (Digital) Grand Theft Auto 5 (Digital) Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (9/10 Condition; takes a while to load) NHL 13 (10/10 Condition) FIFA 14 (10/10 Condition) MW2 (10/10 Condition) COD4: Game of The Year Edition (10/10 Condition) Black Ops 1 (10/10 Condition) MW3 (10/10 Condition) Battlefield: Hardline (10/10 Condition) Minecraft (Digital) Skyrim (10/10 Condition) Terraria (Digital) Madden 16 Pre-Ordered (Digital)

The PS3 Console itself is the PS3 Slim 120GB Version and the only reason why it got an 8.5 in condition is because it is a little bit dusty inside (Have had it for almost 6 years), other than that, it is in great condition.

The Controllers are still fully functional and once again, the only reason it got a 9 was because they are a little bit dirty in the edges, but not noticeable to an extensive degree.

I also intend on giving my account away (Since it contains the pre-ordered material that I can't download on the PS4; not backwards compatible sadly-Obviously I will remove my billing information and clean that up so no trouble will be aroused-hopefully the future holds better sights) and starting fresh.

I'm planning on trying to get an amount between 550-600 either by package or selling the content and hardware individually. Obviously this is just an estimate, what do you guys think I can get for all of this? Could it sold for more? Less? Is the switch worth it?

Thanks in advance!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

$200 max.

mazakinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mazakinator
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

@GTR12: I appreciate getting an answer, but are you certain that everything listed will above will only go for $200?

I would rather just keep everything in that case and stick with my PS3.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Your best option is to sell the hardware PS4 and controllers etc. All together as one lot on Ebay noting the download games on the HDD. for $210.00 buy it now. Keeping in mind that PS3 120GB is rather old at this point in 2015.

The other 11 physical disc games are best sold individually on Ebay. Maybe you will get between $110-$125.00 total. So your best outcome could be $335.00 for what you have. You might be better of taking advantage of Gamestops offer of $175.00 after trade in. Not sure if Gamestop is still running this promotion. But a PS3 slim with a 120GB HDD was the minimum console that Gamestop was taking.

Ebay is your best option, Hardware in one lot, and the games separately. $335.00 is the most you could get. good luck on the road to PS4.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@mazakinator said:

@GTR12: I appreciate getting an answer, but are you certain that everything listed will above will only go for $200?

I would rather just keep everything in that case and stick with my PS3.

11 physical games, the rest are digital, and Gamestop are only offering $175 for a 250GB console, yours is half that.

Your not going to get anymore, and if the buyer doesn't like your PSN name, they wont even buy your account.