Surround Sound Problems with fiber optic cable

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IvanKavinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 IvanKavinski
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

When I plug my PS3 into my RCA315wr 5.1 Surround Sound system and switch my audio to 5.1 Surround on my PS3 I just get a loud clicking/buzzing sound from my speakers.

When I switch it to stereo (still using the fiber optic cable) the sound works fine. I tried plugging the sound system into my computer and had the exact same result. (Horrible buzzing in surround, works fine albeit out of only the front speakers in stereo.)

The sound system works fine playing DVDs in surround sound...

Any suggestions?

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Wow never heard of this before. Does your system automatically pick the best format, like DTS and such or do you have to select them? If you have to select them make sure you are picking one that is compatable, or try to manual overide its selection and pick something you know is compatable.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Wow never heard of this before. Does your system automatically pick the best format, like DTS and such or do you have to select them? If you have to select them make sure you are picking one that is compatable, or try to manual overide its selection and pick something you know is compatable.wooooode

this. I have the same "problem" with my surround system and I just have to switch the format on the surround system.

IvanKavinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 IvanKavinski
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts
So I have to switch the format on the sound system AND the PS3... Okay... Time to bust out the manual to my sound system... Thanks for the advice.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

At least the receiver for your surround doesn't play backwards. With some of the models of onkyo's TX SR508 receivers the rears play opposite when set to Linear PCM. Of course mine is faulty. But yeah just check your settings on your PS3 and set it to automatic. Make sure its Linear PCM if its a phat PS3 and Bitstream if its the slim

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#7 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

I really thought hard about this one, and I can't really say anything for sure. :S I have my PS3 hooked up with an HDMI cord of which the sound and video are both directed easily to the sound system and TV. :/