Stupid question for psp owners..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

While I am still waiting for my PSP GO to arrive to me I am concerned as to how does one who has already purchased PSP games and PS1 games via the PS3 console transfer them to a PSP GO? Also if one has already started play of a PS1 game (in my case would be FFVII) can one transfer his saved data to the PSP and start where he left off? Thank you for your time and input!

EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts

1. All you need is a USB cable and transfer them. Your Go should come with one. But you would need to use the same account that you purchased the content under. Also, download Media Go from Playstation's website and transfer them through your computer.

2. From my experience, I wasn't able to continue my save after I transferred FFVII to my other PSP and the save. Once I deleted the game itself, the save file didn't work anymore. You'd have to start over again or just beat the game on the PS3 if you don't want to lose your progress. But this was awhile ago. It may have been patched with a firmware, but just don't delete the save or the game from your PS3's hard drive just to be sure.

TankBusterJenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TankBusterJenn
Member since 2011 • 154 Posts
Yeah. You can do that on the fly. And yay! Finally a PSP Go owner! I bought mine because I was tired of the same look and feel than the other PSP's. Also the ram is a lot faster so you will get better load times. This also applies to Minis, but Minis kind of suck. They're literally PS1 games.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
Yeah, I just sold my PSP 3000 and i'm getting a Go soon. I wanna be able to transfer my games n stuff to the NGP. Anyways, just try moving the save file of FFVII from the PS3 onto a USB stick, then onto your computer and then onto your PSP through a USB cable. Then re-download the game off the PSN store from your PSP and you should be able to start where you left off.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Yeah. You can do that on the fly. And yay! Finally a PSP Go owner! I bought mine because I was tired of the same look and feel than the other PSP's. Also the ram is a lot faster so you will get better load times. This also applies to Minis, but Minis kind of suck. They're literally PS1 games.TankBusterJenn

um.....how are minis "literally ps1 games"? i think ps1 games are "PSone classics" like Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Jet moto, etc. Minis are games like Angrybirds. totally separate. minis are like flash games you can play on your computer for free, while ps1 games are actually worth the $5.99

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

It should be easy to transfer them over.
Legit question by the way, not stupid at all.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

This also applies to Minis, but Minis kind of suck. They're literally iPhone apps.TankBusterJenn

Fix'd.