Square Screws the U.S

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yung_slym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yung_slym
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
No FF13 until summer of 2010. Just another reason to hate Square Enix..
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
we know. it's even mentioned in GS's headline news. but yes, it is a reason to hate them.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
No FF13 until summer of 2010. Just another reason to hate Square Enix..yung_slym
link? I dun care about the U.S release i want AUSSIE GRR!!! I heard it was like march-april 2010
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
No FF13 until summer of 2010. Just another reason to hate Square Enix..yung_slym
i got used to that... a lot of RPGs, especially FF games are initially available only in Japan, several months later to the U.S. and the rest of the World...
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
I just wish Square had waited longer to to tell the world that FFXIII was in development because it feels like it was forever ago when this game was announced.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
I just wish Square had waited longer to to tell the world that FFXIII was in development because it feels like it was forever ago when this game was announced.1uP_OnYou
they do that to make you really, really excited... too much, that sometimes it makes you frustrated.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I just wish Square had waited longer to to tell the world that FFXIII was in development because it feels like it was forever ago when this game was announced in development1uP_OnYou
Agreed. More developers need to announce games like a year or two before they actually come out. I've been waited 4 years for Resident Evil 5 and it's just coming out in two months.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
hmm a Japanese company giving priority to their country, yeah makes no sense. Also toss in the fact that the probably expect the game to move better in Japan as JRPG have lost alot of steam here in the US.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I just wish Square had waited longer to to tell the world that FFXIII was in development because it feels like it was forever ago when this game was announced.1uP_OnYou
Yeah, it'll be 4 years this July since it was announced back at E3 2005. But Final Fantasy games are always come out like at least 6 months after the Japanese release. It's all the localization BS.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Anyone who honestly expected it to be out this year anyway was only lying to themselves.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flame_Blade88
Anyone who honestly expected it to be out this year anyway was only lying to themselves.Duckman5
Exactly, that's pretty much what I said in my post. Japan pretty much had Final Fantasy XII for a year before it came to the States.
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#13 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Doesn't matter a lot of good games before it to keep me busy.
Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
I hate square mostly because im waiting for my Vagrant Story sequal. GAAAAAR!
Avatar image for Msk1191ASSASSIN
Msk1191ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Msk1191ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
I dont hate SE, but you see a lot of developers doing that now. Man, just look at White Knight Chronicles. Its only in Japan rite now, tho US release is expected to be like Dec 09
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flame_Blade88

i used to be the world's biggest Square fan... back in the PS1 days, i got ALL the final fantasy's... i got xenogears, parasite eve 1 and 2, bushido blade, einhander... hell, i had TOBAL and EHERGHIZ (or however you spell that crap) from import! on the ps2, i got the ff's, and the bouncer, and i even had that driving game they made... hell, i actually paid $7.50 to see the crap final fantasy movie in theatres! i followed them RELIGIOUSLY, through everything and every single game they made... i was a fan, and even if they messed up every now and then, the good was SO much better than the bad.
but now with the way they've treated us faithful sony fans, the same fans who made them the big company they are today mind you, and constantly screwing us over with delays, selling OUR games to the enemy, and even giving said enemy games that should have at least been on every console
danduron

It's Ehrgeiz:)

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Every final fantasy is like this, welcome to the gaming community.

Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
i can only say japanese game developers are lazy...i bet if they were to include subtitles in their games...1st of all..we don't have to wait for tht darn long just for a complete different language of game omes out...secondly..it will certainly boost up their sales...
g8rs_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 g8rs_fan
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Could be because of the 360 version/development. I remember reading the article that announced a 360 version and a SE employee said that they still hadn't received a development kit from MS yet.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flame_Blade88
Could be because of the 360 version/development. I remember reading the article that announced a 360 version and a SE employee said that they still hadn't received a development kit from MS yet.g8rs_fan
No, I guarantee it's localization. And I remember reading that article right after E3 last year, so I'm sure they got them by now.
INeedAids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 INeedAids
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
Meh too bad, we got plenty of other games to think of right now
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

This is nothing new. They always did this, so why so much hate all of sudden?

Especially when we have plenty of other reasons to hate them, like giving low budget for Dragon Quest IX.

MajinSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MajinSoul
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I hate square mostly because im waiting for my Vagrant Story sequal. GAAAAAR!Trick933

Yes!!! Someone is with me. They really need a sequal to that or another game similar to it. As well as something like the first Parasite Eve.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TriangleHard

[QUOTE="Trick933"]I hate square mostly because im waiting for my Vagrant Story sequal. GAAAAAR!MajinSoul

Yes!!! Someone is with me. They really need a sequal to that or another game similar to it. As well as something like the first Parasite Eve.

Don't bother waiting for Vagrant Story sequal.

The genius behind the game, Matsuno left Square. Even if they do make a sequal, without the great mind behind it, it will only be major disappointment.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#27 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

4 years is nothin in comparision to the wait i had in duke nukem forever and or perfect dark zero ,

duke nukem forever still has a release of tba and was announced for gc ps2 and xbox in 2001 , then slipped all the way to 2003 then to canned, and moved to ps3 pc and 360 , ugh,

and and back to tba,

thats 8 years of nothing,

and perfect dark zero while anounce the same time hit in 2005 5 yrs of waiting for a mediocre game, i cant tell you how mad i was when i finally played it,

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TriangleHard

4 years is nothin in comparision to the wait i had in duke nukem forever and or perfect dark zero ,

duke nukem forever still has a release of tba and was announced for gc ps2 and xbox in 2001 , then slipped all the way to 2003 then to canned, and moved to ps3 pc and 360 , ugh,

and and back to tba,

thats 8 years of nothing,

and perfect dark zero while anounce the same time hit in 2005 5 yrs of waiting for a mediocre game, i cant tell you how mad i was when i finally played it,

mariokart64fan

At least Duke Nukem Forever is not canned completely.

Unlike Starcraft: Ghost...

and I actually waited for Too Human lol...

until I saw how it looked like on 360 previews.

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
its because they decided to start development on the 360 thats why its going to take longer. They will probably piss me off and make DLC exclusive to 360 like eery other game out there
spikex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spikex8
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts
Yeah I didn't even really like the Star Craft game a whole lot (not an rts fan) but I was looking forward to Ghost - shifty bastards :P
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I hate Square because they keep saying "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" but the PS3 never seems to see any Square releases. Always on 360. That's not "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" is it?
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TriangleHard

I hate Square because they keep saying "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" but the PS3 never seems to see any Square releases. Always on 360. That's not "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" is it?Chaos_Bladez

Well, so far Square game has been multi-platform.(FFXIII, Last Remnant)

Enix games are the ones that's not multi-platform. (Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4)

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I hate Square because they keep saying "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" but the PS3 never seems to see any Square releases. Always on 360. That's not "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" is it?TriangleHard

Enix games are the ones that's not multi-platform. (Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4)

FFXI, Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, Last Remnant (which is delayed on PS3), Tales of Vesperia all haven't seen PS3 light. That's not cool, and even more if you claim to be "multiplatform." If KH3 is exclusive to PS3, I'll be fine because that is only Square game I've ever played and liked.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TriangleHard
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I hate Square because they keep saying "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" but the PS3 never seems to see any Square releases. Always on 360. That's not "Multiplatform EVERYTHING!" is it?Chaos_Bladez

FFXI, Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, Last Remnant (which is delayed on PS3), Tales of Vesperia all haven't seen PS3 light. That's not cool, and even more if you claim to be "multiplatform." If KH3 is exclusive to PS3, I'll be fine because that is only Square game I've ever played and liked.

FFXI is a PS2 game. Wouldn't backwards compatibility fulfill that role?

Also SquareEnix isn't in charge of Tales of Vesperia. That's Namco game.

Last Remnant isn't out yet, but it is slated for PS3 so it's still ok, and Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 are both Tri-Ace games and they are part of Enix side than Square side.

I think Square part of SquareEnix is still keeping up with what they said about multi-platform.

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
y is everyone suprised. i was honestly getting ready for a 2011 release. glad they said 2010. some good games coming out this year, so im not worried bout it. as long as they work on a ps3 version (the version im getting) and it isnt a ported copy, im good.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chaos_Bladez
@TriangleHard: About FFXI, yes it was a PS2 game, but it came out on the 360 and they said it was coming to the PS3 but Sony stopped persuing it and they stopped it. My bad about Tales, I thought it was a SE game. I had no idea that they were separate companies but the same. I thought it was just one side, no Square this and Enix that. :P So you are right about the Square side being multiplat. :) Thanks for not being a jerk about this, you could have so easily been one. :)
Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps they want to get top rate voice overs and high quality localization? This doesn't happen overnight. Only a fool would think they could just push something out right away. Or, would you rather they just release some poorly translated crap with Turbografx-16 style voice actors. Get over yourself. If you still hate Square-Enix when it comes out then you're on your own. I'm sure people really waiting to play the game will be happy to buy it in the high quality that they expect. in the mean time, may I recommend Maple Story?
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TriangleHard

@TriangleHard: About FFXI, yes it was a PS2 game, but it came out on the 360 and they said it was coming to the PS3 but Sony stopped persuing it and they stopped it. My bad about Tales, I thought it was a SE game. I had no idea that they were separate companies but the same. I thought it was just one side, no Square this and Enix that. :P So you are right about the Square side being multiplat. :) Thanks for not being a jerk about this, you could have so easily been one. :)Chaos_Bladez

no problem no problem. :)

Square and Enix merged, but it seems like both company develop games seperately. Merging so far impacted only financially and in terms of publishing. Developing games so far is still seperate between Square and Enix.

So I still see Square and Enix seperate.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
[QUOTE="yung_slym"]No FF13 until summer of 2010. Just another reason to hate Square Enix..campzor
link? I dun care about the U.S release i want AUSSIE GRR!!! I heard it was like march-april 2010

I'm with you on that one bro ;)
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50569 Posts
I hope to God SE aren't stupid enough to leave out English subtitles on the Japanese version of the game.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]@TriangleHard: About FFXI, yes it was a PS2 game, but it came out on the 360 and they said it was coming to the PS3 but Sony stopped persuing it and they stopped it. My bad about Tales, I thought it was a SE game. I had no idea that they were separate companies but the same. I thought it was just one side, no Square this and Enix that. :P So you are right about the Square side being multiplat. :) Thanks for not being a jerk about this, you could have so easily been one. :)TriangleHard

no problem no problem. :)

Square and Enix merged, but it seems like both company develop games seperately. Merging so far impacted only financially and in terms of publishing. Developing games so far is still seperate between Square and Enix.

So I still see Square and Enix seperate.

Alright, everything is so much more clear! :D So they are kind of still separate, I getcha. :)