Sonys reaction to Xbox Elite 360

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lawman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 lawman86
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
Does anyone think this will send Sony to change their system? I dont know either way Im just asking, but I was thinking about it and everything Xbox Elite 360 added, the PS3 already has, so there is no reason to change anything. Especially seeing the HDD can be upgraded personally. I ask this because I just got a perfectly working PS3 after my launch day problem, and nothing would piss me off worse than having to get another new one just because Sony wants to change something. What does everyone think?
lawman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lawman86
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
Bump
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts
sony doesnt need to change anythign. as is they now dont really have to worry about anyone saying anything about thier high price. for just 30 more dollars than 360's elite they can have a next gen dvd player, that has pretty muhc all but won the hd war, so blue ray for all practical purpouses is here to stay. and again like you said if ppl desire more space they can do so at their own convinience and upgrade for faaar cheaper than it would cost for a current 360 owner like myself to buy their new hdd. soo yeah, sony has no reason and more than liely will make no new moves towards changn their system.
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

I don't think the 360 Elite was a good idea on M$'s part, not at all. It just shows how much more sense Sony's plan is. Plus, you're pretty much paying an extra $80 for a 120gb HD. I think all of us know that if you buy a 20gb PS3, and then replace the HD with a 120g one its cheaper, and you have an HD format video player...BLU RAY.

Remember when PShome was a rip-off, a copy? What about the 360 Elite? Who's copying who? ITS EVEN BLACK!

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
sony doesnt need to change anythign. as is they now dont really have to worry about anyone saying anything about thier high price. for just 30 more dollars than 360's elite they can have a next gen dvd player, that has pretty muhc all but won the hd war, so blue ray for all practical purpouses is here to stay. and again like you said if ppl desire more space they can do so at their own convinience and upgrade for faaar cheaper than it would cost for a current 360 owner like myself to buy their new hdd. soo yeah, sony has no reason and more than liely will make no new moves towards changn their system.Hotwad
I agree that Sony is fine where there at. They made a system where you can upgrade hardrive for change comparied totheir counterpart. Alos, as he said it seems like Blueray is going to be around for awhile and that on its own its worth the price of admission. Again, it seems like Sony was ahead of the curve and it looks like they might of made the right choice and planned well for the future. It looks like the 360 price with the HD-DVD drive is right on par with the PS3 already to go out of the box. Makes me upset theres a new 360 when I bought one already(OK my girl bought it for me but you get the idea). PSN:Meeks32 Gamers Game....Fanboys Pick Sides.....
ZeldaFan091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZeldaFan091
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
sony shudnt do it cuz they shudnt stoop down to the 360's level by upgrading more. I think it was sooo pus making 360 more powerful cuz microsoft probably knew that ps3 was more powerful.
Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts
I think m$ just shoved up their fanoys with it.firstly because of the price tag I mean I heard sony was over price?!!What a joke is that now?A system without HD Drive and that too costs 479$ and who already have 360 would cry now.
Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
I think Sony will comment on this and I hope they mock them. Such a horse. I bought my 360 freaking july. I haven't even had it for a year and they release a new one. 3 consoles now 3. Blah. What a useless system and funny thing everyone is going to upgrade anyways. Major milkage.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
they want to get more competition but no way xbox360 lite is good...on ps3 u jsut buy and 120gb hdd and thats it...i dont knwo wat microsoft is thinking they r jsut ripping everyone off
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shuriken_ninja
Member since 2006 • 1161 Posts
i think their going to be screwed!
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 akuya32

Remember when PShome was a rip-off, a copy? What about the 360 Elite? Who's copying who? ITS EVEN BLACK!

azuroc
Remember the first x-box was black as well, but I understand what you are saying.
silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
Why would Sony change anything. This is the reason they future-proofed the PS3. Everything that MS said they didn't need, they're now scrambling to add to the XBOX360. Yet still for $30 more you can get a PS3 with an upgradeable harddrive that you don't have to buy from Sony, Wi-Fi, Blu-Ray, free online, HDMI and no red rings of death. I'll say that that's worth way more than what MS is trying to sell.
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shuriken_ninja
all sony has to do is take their time with the ps4 and make it a good system to beat it.
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
nah,,,think about it, this is "Good" strategy of M$ say there're 50% XO owners are fanboys, so there'll be 0.5 million fanboys rushing to get this "Elite" package and enjoy the being ripped off then M$ can bs their install base as 1.5 million while only 1 million users are actually out there. and now I'm having a doubt, with the high defective rate of XO, do they really have 1 million install base? obviously some of those 1 million have been used for replacement
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shuriken_ninja
ehat do you mean?
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts
[QUOTE="lhbchen"]nah,,,think about it, this is "Good" strategy of M$ say there're 50% XO owners are fanboys, so there'll be 0.5 million fanboys rushing to get this "Elite" package and enjoy the being ripped off then M$ can bs their install base as 1.5 million while only 1 million users are actually out there. and now I'm having a doubt, with the high defective rate of XO, do they really have 1 million install base? obviously some of those 1 million have been used for replacement

Next you're going to try and say the 120 million PS2s that were sold all went to unique owners (I myself owned 4 over its lifespan).
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts
[QUOTE="azuroc"]

akuya32

Remember the first x-box was black as well, but I understand what you are saying.

Well Jet Black is the new white :D

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 akuya32
[QUOTE="lhbchen"]nah,,,think about it, this is "Good" strategy of M$ say there're 50% XO owners are fanboys, so there'll be 0.5 million fanboys rushing to get this "Elite" package and enjoy the being ripped off then M$ can bs their install base as 1.5 million while only 1 million users are actually out there. and now I'm having a doubt, with the high defective rate of XO, do they really have 1 million install base? obviously some of those 1 million have been used for replacement

From a profit stand point it is a good idea, but for image it is awful. This just makes t h em look bad that the next gen system is suppose 2 last more then a year and some change. The fact that they are bringing another system out should remove the label of next gen to TBA. Well we all knew the system was a rush job just to beat Sony to the punch(which worked) but at the same time they didn't prepare for the future. PSN:Meeks32 Gamers Game....Fanboys Pick Sides....
hajrudin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hajrudin1984
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
hmm sucks for the guys who bought the ''old'' x360
kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

[QUOTE="lhbchen"]nah,,,think about it, this is "Good" strategy of M$ say there're 50% XO owners are fanboys, so there'll be 0.5 million fanboys rushing to get this "Elite" package and enjoy the being ripped off then M$ can bs their install base as 1.5 million while only 1 million users are actually out there. and now I'm having a doubt, with the high defective rate of XO, do they really have 1 million install base? obviously some of those 1 million have been used for replacementakuya32
From a profit stand point it is a good idea, but for image it is awful. This just makes t h em look bad that the next gen system is suppose 2 last more then a year and some change. The fact that they are bringing another system out should remove the label of next gen to TBA. Well we all knew the system was a rush job just to beat Sony to the punch(which worked) but at the same time they didn't prepare for the future. PSN:Meeks32 Gamers Game....Fanboys Pick Sides....

It's the same damn system...what the hell are you talking about?  They aren't "bringing another system" out, they have the same system with some addons.  You act like this is the release of the xbox720 and the xbox360 is over with.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kingsfan_0333

hmm sucks for the guys who bought the ''old'' x360hajrudin1984

not if they don't want the new one.  Personally, I don't have HDMI and I have no need for a 120gb hd, so I would have bought the premium from the start even if the elite was offered at launch.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingsfan_0333

Does anyone think this will send Sony to change their system? I dont know either way Im just asking, but I was thinking about it and everything Xbox Elite 360 added, the PS3 already has, so there is no reason to change anything. Especially seeing the HDD can be upgraded personally. I ask this because I just got a perfectly working PS3 after my launch day problem, and nothing would piss me off worse than having to get another new one just because Sony wants to change something. What does everyone think?lawman86

"having to get another new one".....WTF?  No xbox360 gamer has to go out and get a new one.  HDMI and 120 gb are by no means required.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Just wait til M$ comes out with the blu-ray dvd attachment lol Oh, and Sony already sort of commented about this. It was posted in another thread but I think it got locked. It basically just said that Sony wants to give all gamers an elite experience, which was why the included all of the "extras".

rosssca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 rosssca
Member since 2005 • 445 Posts
If you really want entertainment, go to the xbox forum and watch all of the fanboys freak out. It's quite amusing!!
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
[QUOTE="bballboy986"][QUOTE="lhbchen"]nah,,,think about it, this is "Good" strategy of M$ say there're 50% XO owners are fanboys, so there'll be 0.5 million fanboys rushing to get this "Elite" package and enjoy the being ripped off then M$ can bs their install base as 1.5 million while only 1 million users are actually out there. and now I'm having a doubt, with the high defective rate of XO, do they really have 1 million install base? obviously some of those 1 million have been used for replacement

Next you're going to try and say the 120 million PS2s that were sold all went to unique owners (I myself owned 4 over its lifespan).

well you said it yourself, "over its lifespan" how many years has the XO been out, huh?
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
why would Sony change the PS3, it's still the same system, even if it's called elite and has HDMI and a larger HDD. If you really want, you can buy a bigger HDD for the PS3.
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
the PS3 use tobe exspensive compaired to the 360, but because of the elite, MS have made the PS3, with its extra built in wifi, built in next-gen media player, and upgradable HDD (and you can find higher then 120Gig for way cheaper then 179$), a real bargin for only round 120$ more MS not only show that they're hypocrites with this new version, but they also shoot themselfs in the foot with it...
heretic92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 heretic92
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts

i hope people dont get pissed at sony for releasing the other colours that they were gonna release it with like white and silver, i mean the xbox guys are all getting pissed at microsoft for releasing the new console but who cares? thats like b**ching to nvidia for releasing a new graphics card every like 6 months.

im not gonna get a ps3 till october when gta and mgs come out and i hope they have a white one out and maybe a price drop

all the 360 owners will be b***hing in like 2 years when the xbox 720 comes out seeing as tho the xbox has no longevity. xbox are just gonna keep releasing new iterations of their console so ull get used to it and then release an updated one, and the 360 fans wont be b**ching that they only "just bought their console and heres another one thats better so soon" ne more whilst sony wont need to till the next generation comes along

W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts
Yeah Sony doesn't need to change anything. Teh only thing the Elite has is a bigger standerd HDD. but uyou can upgrade your PS3's so it doesn't matter. Sony thought ahead.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
personally i think it is a move MS should have made a LONG time ago. with all the critisism that the ps3 has gotten from the MS camp in the past few months they now just look like a bunch of hipocrites. 2 things will come out of this, more fanboyism from MS about how great teh "Elite" is, or 360 owners getting angry because their "wonderful unstoppable system" has stooped to compying the ps3 in order to compete. while i realize that competition is the name of the game in the marketplace, MS really did slap their owners in the face by releasing this a year after their product initially released, only after the ps3 had been showing promise in Europe. maybe now fanboys will realize that MS is just another company, not the all mighty console creator that they seem to make them out to be. when I read the GS article i just kept thinking how MS made a lame move.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I think both MS and Sony now have overpriced videogame consoles.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts
PS3 doesn't need any changing because Sony didn't rush it unlike Microsoft
StrifeXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrifeXIII
Member since 2004 • 1197 Posts
I think MS, Nintendo and Sony now have overpriced videogame consoles.b11051973
Fixed
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#34 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
sony shudnt do it cuz they shudnt stoop down to the 360's level by upgrading more. I think it was sooo pus making 360 more powerful cuz microsoft probably knew that ps3 was more powerful. ZeldaFan091
I agree, but in better wording :P.
bruce-leroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bruce-leroy
Member since 2006 • 1325 Posts
i remember when m$ said 20 gb is enough, they also said that 1080p is not needed for gaming so hdmi was not needed. oh and lets not forget they said that a dvd drive is enough. now we just have to wait for a BD add on....
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XL83
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
[QUOTE="azuroc"]

akuya32

And the first PS2 was... black. If we're gonna be petty about it, might as well go the distance.  

imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 imnotacrook
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts

(sorry accidential 2x POST)

imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imnotacrook
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts
My reaction to the Elite X360......GREAT! and I'm a SONY fan. Why might you ask, because Sony will now see they have to one or more things which is great for us: 1.Lower the Price of the Console (most likely) 2. Offer more items to go with the PS3, such as cords, headsets, controlers, etc. 3. This may be far off, but they might start making Linux Yellow Dog pre-install and start pushing the PS3 as a alternative to Windows. (hey it could happen)
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Well. If I brick the one I got Ill probably buy an Elite.
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2435 Posts

I don't think the 360 Elite was a good idea on M$'s part, not at all. It just shows how much more sense Sony's plan is. Plus, you're pretty much paying an extra $80 for a 120gb HD. I think all of us know that if you buy a 20gb PS3, and then replace the HD with a 120g one its cheaper, and you have an HD format video player...BLU RAY.

azuroc
Damn that was well put, now those 360 fanboys can shut up. It's soo true though, look who's copying now.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Uhmm.. the price of Internal HDD in my country goes around for only $80 for 200gb and that is absolutely a steal considering that the PS3's HDD can be replaced personally
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

The ELITE is just another option for xbox gamers to buy---it's not the "NEW AND IMPROVED" version, it's just another option! No one is getting screwed or anything--it's all about options! And as far as the PS3 having to change---it's only been out less than a year! Give it time to get settled in the console market!

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
[QUOTE="b11051973"]I think MS, Nintendo and Sony now have overpriced videogame consoles.StrifeXIII
Fixed

I can accept that. Nintendo charging $250 for a Gamecube with a new controller is overpriced.
GoddBless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GoddBless
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts
[QUOTE="bballboy986"][QUOTE="lhbchen"]nah,,,think about it, this is "Good" strategy of M$ say there're 50% XO owners are fanboys, so there'll be 0.5 million fanboys rushing to get this "Elite" package and enjoy the being ripped off then M$ can bs their install base as 1.5 million while only 1 million users are actually out there. and now I'm having a doubt, with the high defective rate of XO, do they really have 1 million install base? obviously some of those 1 million have been used for replacement

I had 3 but one of them was replaced free. The other 2 I had to buy.
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#48 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
I think in fact the elite is the reaction to the PS3 why else would they have come up with it. Lets face it now a days 20 gigs aint jack when it comes to games and computers. Half of it is gone when you first boot it up. So I think MS is making a bone head move in the guise of sega by making another costly system. Will it put them out of buisness: NO! will it cost them some money: Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see but im sure someone will buy it. Not me though im fine with the regular 360 premy and my Oh so wonderful PS3.
patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
i think microsoft dosen't realize they just helped sony win the console war.
cloudstrife75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cloudstrife75
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

Sometimes I wonder who works at these Marketing tables with both these com[anies (Microsoft, Sony)...

Lately they havent doen anything but just make eyebrows raise.

Sony has a great console, just needs the great games to compliment it.

Microsoft did not NEED this Xbox360 Elite! I own a Premiuim Xbox360, and its just fine. Is HDMI that important? not to me... Component Cables work just fine for me. How about the bigger Hard Drive? Why not just sell it on the side as a minor upgrade for those who NEED the space...