Sony will dominate E3

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Achilles8766

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Achilles8766
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts
Need proof? exclusives... God of War 3 Killzone 2 Naughty Dogs new project Gran Turismo 5 Motorstorm 2 Resistance 2 non exclusive... FF 13 Force Unleased Prince of Persia Soul Caliber 4 MK vs DC Farcry 2 Bionic Commando Bionic Commando Rearmed Resident Evil 5 My point is who cares if 360 has FF 13 when we have all the exclusives that we do? Every game being released on 360 that looks great is coming to PS3 too except Gears 2. Plus, we already have MGS4, the greatest game ever! And I will argue anyone who says FF 13 is more highly anticipated than God of War 3, Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. Maybe the hardcore rpg fans, but it has been proven that Action and Shooting games are what sells. With the possibility of a Uncharted 2 coming, and everything else, I'd say PS3 is all set.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

It's not about being exclusive or not!...well actually it is. If FF13 was exclusive, it would sell Systems and the fanbase would grown allowing 3rd parties to do more games just for the PS3!

But yes, Playstation brand never depended on a bunch of titles.

bam706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bam706
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

It's not a big deal at all anymore I waiting on socom killzone and gow3. Its not good for 360 owners to rub it in though,I have a feeling this will back fire someday.

itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts
SONY will blow them aout of the water. Just wait and see.
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
I personally think Nintendo will dominate this year's E3 with all their surprises. Unless Sony can pull something off because we basically know all about their major exclusives while Nintendo didn't show anything off yet.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Need proof? exclusives... God of War 3 Killzone 2 Naughty Dogs new project Gran Turismo 5 Motorstorm 2 Resistance 2 non exclusive... FF 13 Force Unleased Prince of Persia Soul Caliber 4 MK vs DC Farcry 2 Bionic Commando Bionic Commando Rearmed Resident Evil 5 My point is who cares if 360 has FF 13 when we have all the exclusives that we do? Every game being released on 360 that looks great is coming to PS3 too except Gears 2. Plus, we already have MGS4, the greatest game ever! And I will argue anyone who says FF 13 is more highly anticipated than God of War 3, Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. Maybe the hardcore rpg fans, but it has been proven that Action and Shooting games are what sells. With the possibility of a Uncharted 2 coming, and everything else, I'd say PS3 is all set.Achilles8766

GT5, huh? Didn't MS announce Forza 3 like three months ago? By the time they get GT5 out, Forza 3 will nearly be ready to make it obsolete. Killzone 2? Jeez, official name should be changed to Hypezone 2000. Resistance? The one FPS that's almost as overrated as Halo? Please. And Motorstorm? You're kidding, right?

Final Fantasy 13 was the last straw. It's over, Johnny... the American console is going to have more JPRGs than the Japanese console. MGS is the only exclusive left that matters. Sony's gotta have a miracle tucked into their hat to get out of this one. I seriously doubt Sony's committment to the console game now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#7 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

All this backlash over FFXIII going to 360 is melodramatic. Dont you guys realize that the 360 version will be SEVERELY watered down compared to the PS3 version!?

We still have some great exclusives, and some awesome multiplats coming out. I dont think 360's exclusives are very good at all. Gears 2? Meh. Fable 2. It'll be great. What else?? Not much...

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Nahh. I'm quite sure Sony failed here.
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
The loss of FF XII exclusivity is definately going to hurt PS3 sales, lets just hope these games get a good enough response to keep Sony motivated.
Funny_bunch71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Funny_bunch71
Member since 2005 • 1563 Posts
Its dissapointing to lose an exclusive but I only play shooters so a rpg loss isn't really that big of a deal to me... Now if we lost killzone 2 or Resistance 2 then i'd be pissed.
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
those games arent good enough, especially for someone like me who is a huge fan of rpgs which the PS3 lacks alot of. I noticed they mostly have shooters and not much else. I sure do hope Sony has more to show cause if this is it then....
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
Financially speaking, the last six FF games (basically all the PS ones) were outsold by almost 10 million by the 4 Gran Turismo games. The highest selling one was VII and each one since has sold less than the one before it. It's my favorite series (FFXII is my favorite game of all time) but it wasn't going to turn PS3 around or anything like that anyway. It's barely in the top ten for Sony as far as money-making franchises go, and, more important than anything else, the damn game is still going to come out on PS3 anyway!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

those games arent good enough, especially for someone like me who is a huge fan of rpgs which the PS3 lacks alot of. I noticed they mostly have shooters and not much else. I sure do hope Sony has more to show cause if this is it then....ZenesisX

You have to realize that we still get FFXIII, and it'll most likely be the better version, seeing as the 360 has inferior hardware and graphical capacity. We still get FFXIII versus as an exclusive too. I have a feeling when Sony holds their conference at E3, some great rpgs will be announced (hopefully a FFVII remake, that would soften the blow a bunch).

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="ZenesisX"]those games arent good enough, especially for someone like me who is a huge fan of rpgs which the PS3 lacks alot of. I noticed they mostly have shooters and not much else. I sure do hope Sony has more to show cause if this is it then....hillelslovak

You have to realize that we still get FFXIII, and it'll most likely be the better version, seeing as the 360 has inferior hardware and graphical capacity. We still get FFXIII versus as an exclusive too. I have a feeling when Sony holds their conference at E3, some great rpgs will be announced (hopefully a FFVII remake, that would soften the blow a bunch).

lol. And you sounded so educated as I read this.
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="ZenesisX"]those games arent good enough, especially for someone like me who is a huge fan of rpgs which the PS3 lacks alot of. I noticed they mostly have shooters and not much else. I sure do hope Sony has more to show cause if this is it then....hillelslovak

Yes, I think n FFVII PS3 remake could maybe clinch an E3 victory for Sony. And it would be totaly bad ass!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]

[QUOTE="ZenesisX"]those games arent good enough, especially for someone like me who is a huge fan of rpgs which the PS3 lacks alot of. I noticed they mostly have shooters and not much else. I sure do hope Sony has more to show cause if this is it then....Symphonycometh

lol. And you sounded so educated as I read this.

Do I detect a snide comment?

Seriously, if FFXIII going multiplat makes you go ape ****, then you need to buy a life. There are soooo many insane titles coming out for both systems, be it exclusives or multiplats.

Gl0ry_L0rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gl0ry_L0rd
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

[QUOTE="Achilles8766"]Need proof? exclusives... God of War 3 Killzone 2 Naughty Dogs new project Gran Turismo 5 Motorstorm 2 Resistance 2 non exclusive... FF 13 Force Unleased Prince of Persia Soul Caliber 4 MK vs DC Farcry 2 Bionic Commando Bionic Commando Rearmed Resident Evil 5 My point is who cares if 360 has FF 13 when we have all the exclusives that we do? Every game being released on 360 that looks great is coming to PS3 too except Gears 2. Plus, we already have MGS4, the greatest game ever! And I will argue anyone who says FF 13 is more highly anticipated than God of War 3, Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. Maybe the hardcore rpg fans, but it has been proven that Action and Shooting games are what sells. With the possibility of a Uncharted 2 coming, and everything else, I'd say PS3 is all set.Generic_Dude

GT5, huh? Didn't MS announce Forza 3 like three months ago? By the time they get GT5 out, Forza 3 will nearly be ready to make it obsolete. Killzone 2? Jeez, official name should be changed to Hypezone 2000. Resistance? The one FPS that's almost as overrated as Halo? Please. And Motorstorm? You're kidding, right?

Final Fantasy 13 was the last straw. It's over, Johnny... the American console is going to have more JPRGs than the Japanese console. MGS is the only exclusive left that matters. Sony's gotta have a miracle tucked into their hat to get out of this one. I seriously doubt Sony's committment to the console game now.

Gran Turismo games are system sellers. Just look at GT 3, it was the best sold game for the PS2. Resistance 2 will be amazing: 60 player multiplayer, 8 player co-op, a RPG type co-op fighting system, etc. Little Big Planet will be amazing too, it's basically the Spore of console gamings. Killzone 2 will be fun, just because the first one "sucked" doesn't mean the second will also be bad. White Knight Story will also be a big release for the PS3. LA Noire might be a PS3 exclusive too. God of War 3 is going to be a system seller, no doubt and so is Twisted Metal. Tekken 6 will also attract new buyers. So yeah, the PS3 isn't done yet, it's just starting.

shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

Gran Turismo games are system sellers. Just look at GT 3, it was the best sold game for the PS2. Resistance 2 will be amazing: 60 player multiplayer, 8 player co-op, a RPG type co-op fighting system, etc. Little Big Planet will be amazing too, it's basically the Spore of console gamings. Killzone 2 will be fun, just because the first one "sucked" doesn't mean the second will also be bad. White Knight Story will also be a big release for the PS3. LA Noire might be a PS3 exclusive too. God of War 3 is going to be a system seller, no doubt and so is Twisted Metal. Tekken 6 will also attract new buyers. So yeah, the PS3 isn't done yet, it's just starting.

Gl0ry_L0rd

He's right. With all the GTA's, MGS's, Halo's, and FF's of last generation, GT3 was the highest selling game on the highest selling system. Final Fantasy X sold more than any other PS2 FF game by millions, yet the FF series is ranked 6 or 7 as far as money-making franchises for Sony. I'm still waiting on FFXIII but there's SO much more to PS3 than two or three sequels.

sweet1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 sweet1234
Member since 2003 • 196 Posts
Give me a new Star Ocean for the PS3 and I wont even care about FF going to xbox.
FFXFan22604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 FFXFan22604
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts

Sony will drop two bombshells tomorrow: FFVII remake AND Crysis....

In all honesly i I think that at least one of these will happen. And that is why sony will win E3 this year.

nayoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nayoop
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts
Yeah, unless they do something really crazy with Killzone 2, I am not too excited about it. The first one kind of sucked. It was the very definition of a run of the mill shooter. I was not really feeling Resistance 1, so I am not expecting to like the sequel. And I am sorry, but GT Prologue did noit hold my attention like all of the previous GTs I am not sure what you are so excited about, other than Motorstorm two and Infamous, which looks amazing, Sony's exclusives are not exactly awe inspiring.
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

Need proof? exclusives... God of War 3 Killzone 2 Naughty Dogs new project Gran Turismo 5 Motorstorm 2 Resistance 2 non exclusive... FF 13 Force Unleased Prince of Persia Soul Caliber 4 MK vs DC Farcry 2 Bionic Commando Bionic Commando Rearmed Resident Evil 5 My point is who cares if 360 has FF 13 when we have all the exclusives that we do? Every game being released on 360 that looks great is coming to PS3 too except Gears 2. Plus, we already have MGS4, the greatest game ever! And I will argue anyone who says FF 13 is more highly anticipated than God of War 3, Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. Maybe the hardcore rpg fans, but it has been proven that Action and Shooting games are what sells. With the possibility of a Uncharted 2 coming, and everything else, I'd say PS3 is all set.Achilles8766

MK vs DC?

nayoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nayoop
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts
Oh, and God of War obviously
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
I'm sick of ppl saying that FF13 not be exclusive it's not a big deal, get a grip ppl it is a HUGE DEAL
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Symphonycometh
I'm sick of ppl saying that FF13 not be exclusive it's not a big deal, get a grip ppl it is a HUGE DEALda_illest101
You mean like that match in Halo 3? o_o
Avatar image for FPS_FANATIC_007
FPS_FANATIC_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FPS_FANATIC_007
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
sony could be in alot of trouble now ff13 was a big part of my decision to buy a ps3 i feel like square-enix has screwed ps3 owners just like they did nintendo when ps1 came out
Avatar image for cloud_strife007
cloud_strife007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cloud_strife007
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

One of the main reasons I bough the PS3 over X-box was FFXII(the other being MGS4). all other games I wanted were out on x-box too. Now with all these rpg's going to x-box, i may have to get an x-box. Granted, I havn't seen any Great RPG's on the 360, still beats all of ps3's JRPGs(which add up to ZERO). While it makes no difference to me if x-boxers get to enjoy FFXIII, it just is one more factor into sony's RPG's problem.

I think they only way Sony will dominate E3 is:

A new awsome firmware feature

A new exclusive chrono tirgger or remake of FFVII

Maybe a greatest hits library

Thats it, and i don't see it happening.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
We basically know about all of Sony's exclusives because they were supposed to be out last year.
nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nohnaimer
Member since 2003 • 513 Posts

Final Fantasy have been PS2's second best selling exclusive, losing it is obviously a big deal. Heck, it's a bigger deal than losing God of War(not gonna happen obviously) or Metal Gear Solid exclusiveness.

Let's not kid our selves, Resistance 2 (sequel to an average selling FPS as best), Kilzone 2(unknown phenomenon), Motorstorm 2 ( are you kidding me?) and whatever Naughty Dog is developing don't come anywhere near FF13 in terms of impact.

nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nohnaimer

sony could be in alot of trouble now ff13 was a big part of my decision to buy a ps3 i feel like square-enix has screwed ps3 owners just like they did nintendo when ps1 came outFPS_FANATIC_007

How did Square-Enix screw PS3 owners? They don't own Sony or PS3 owners an exclusive FF13. They like any other company are in the business of making money, if they felt they can earn more $$ by going multiplatform than compared to whatever $$ Sony was willing to pay for FF13 to stay exclusive, they better take the multiplatform route or else their CEO need to get fired.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#31 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Nahh. I'm quite sure Sony failed here.Symphonycometh

Pretty much. It would take an omega new game to blow my socks off.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Sony really needs a BIG surprise. (And I'm not talking about new features for Home or some other crap)
sykalob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 sykalob
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts

still continuing...

and another note that ps3 sold world wide 12 million and xbox sold 19 million world wide
xbox 360
ps3

**"RSX" 256 MB of XDR main memory and 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory for the RSX
Now let's talk about the games that you are saying it will destroy the gaming industery for the xbox 360
God of War 3 > ahhh in 2009 ..we are talking about E3 2008 if you are sane
Killzone 2 >the first killzone is a failure so the second ..you are screamin' with every suck exclusive
because it's just an exclusive ....Haze as an example
Gran Turismo 5.> already out of the track ..thanks sony for the prologue
Motorstorm 2.> a Game for my kids ..kids
Resistance 2.> enough that the whole world said that it's the worst lunch game for a console ..there is no
much fans for such stupid games ..call of duty redefines the FPS ....
ps3 is just trying to catch the trail of XBOX 360 FPS games
while xbox is doing strategy games right now with evolutionally voice commands
NOW YOU ALL hating FINAL FANTASY AND RPG IS NOT GOOD!!! ...SOON YOU WILL HATE VIDEO GAMES

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Symphonycometh
I knew we'd be back to specs. lol
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MusashiSensi

still continuing...

and another note that ps3 sold world wide 12 million and xbox sold 19 million world wide
xbox 360
ps3

Now let's talk about the games that you are saying it will destroy the gaming industery for the xbox 360
Killzone 2 >the first killzone is a failure so the second ..you are screamin' with every suck exclusive
Resistance 2.> enough that the whole world said that it's the worst lunch game for a console ..there is no
NOW YOU ALL hating FINAL FANTASY AND RPG IS NOT GOOD!!! ...SOON YOU WILL HATE VIDEO GAMES

sykalob

It's so funny when you fanboys smash other fanboys.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts
I love Sony but I doubt they will dominate E3. Unless they announce FF7 remake, thats the only thing to save them.
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts

Its not good for 360 owners to rub it in though,I have a feeling this will back fire someday.

bam706
AKA Versus 13 > FF13 :P
nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nohnaimer
[QUOTE="bam706"]

Its not good for 360 owners to rub it in though,I have a feeling this will back fire someday.

KrazyC18

whos to say FF13 Versus wouldn't go multiplatform as well, if FF13 sell well on 360 I can easily imagine Square-Enix making Versus an multiplatform as well.

Let's not forget, this is not the PS2 generation. Sony no longer have a large and dominating userbase lead over its competitors (well actually a fairly large deficit), only an idiotic 3rd party developer would make a PS3 exclusive unless there's very substantial $$ incentive from Sony.

Pileofconverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pileofconverse
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts
Man I was SOOOOOOOO close to buying a ps3. Im so glad that FF13 ended up on the xbox so I don't have to spend another $400. The only thing I see now that will get me to get a ps3 KINGDOM HEARTS 3. Hopefully that will end up on Xbox as well seeing how it seems to be getting ALL of the JRPGS these days.
nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nohnaimer

Man I was SOOOOOOOO close to buying a ps3. Im so glad that FF13 ended up on the xbox so I don't have to spend another $400. The only thing I see now that will get me to get a ps3 KINGDOM HEARTS 3. Hopefully that will end up on Xbox as well seeing how it seems to be getting ALL of the JRPGS these days.Pileofconverse

Seeing how Kingdom of Hearts have sold significantly better in America than Japan historically and taking 360's large userbase advantage in America, I can easilly imagine KH3 being a multiplatform,, heck a 360 exclusive might even be possible.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

It's all so stupid (lost exclusives and game publishers lying to the customers about games being exclusives), I'm not fond of the PC like games (FPS, shooter) the X360 has so my only console choice is PS3 (Wii doesn't deserve the console name for me).

I thought the law forbid to sell a product when losing money, and Microcrap pays developers so much to get exclusivity that the loss must be impressive ... In France "influencing" a company to release a product to favourize your company is a crime, not in the USA it seems.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MusashiSensi

It's all so stupid (lost exclusives and game publishers lying to the customers about games being exclusives), I'm not fond of the PC like games (FPS, shooter) the X360 has so my only console choice is PS3 (Wii doesn't deserve the console name for me).

I thought the law forbid to sell a product when losing money, and Microcrap pays developers so much to get exclusivity that the loss must be impressive ... In France "influencing" a company to release a product to favourize your company is a crime, not in the USA it seems.

TheTenth10

You can't knock microsoft for being buisness smart and sqaure enix said that they did this because of the hardware issues with the ps3. At the end of the day it was a blow to the ps3 gamers, but it's a reality that we have to deal with.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
[QUOTE="sykalob"]

still continuing...

xbox 360
ps3

MusashiSensi

It's so funny when you fanboys smash other fanboys.

lol, thats exactly what I was thinking, it's the pot calling the kettle black.

KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KohlscheeN
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="KrazyC18"][QUOTE="bam706"]

nohnaimer

whos to say FF13 Versus wouldn't go multiplatform as well, if FF13 sell well on 360 I can easily imagine Square-Enix making Versus an multiplatform as well.

Let's not forget, this is not the PS2 generation. Sony no longer have a large and dominating userbase lead over its competitors (well actually a fairly large deficit), only an idiotic 3rd party developer would make a PS3 exclusive unless there's very substantial $$ incentive from Sony.

Well at least they said on a live blogg yesterday thet versus will be exclusive
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Exactly dude.... people need to just calm down and wait for The Sony to deliver.

Oh but you forgot about my baby midnight Club:LA, Tekken, and Home(lol if it really exists)

Also they have alot more apps I am ready to hear about. They can talk about how they will use 2.41 more... how they will use remote play more.... Home

and oh yea Home

RockPwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RockPwner
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!! YOU FORGOT LITTLE BIG PLANET!!!!!! BEST GAME!
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
SONY will blow them aout of the water. Just wait and see.itwiz90
Unfortunately after watching the Microsoft Press Conference I'd have to say so. Nintendo never has a chance in my book and Sony is pretty good usually. So Sony will probably win this year's E3.
Dualmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#50 Dualmask
Member since 2004 • 1639 Posts

And I will argue anyone who says FF 13 is more highly anticipated than God of War 3, Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. Maybe the hardcore rpg fans, but it has been proven that Action and Shooting games are what sells.Achilles8766

I just found this remark kind of funny since Final Fantasy is the fourth biggest selling game franchise in the world and the second highest selling third-party game franchise other than The Sims.

It does suck to lose FF13's exclusivity...if one cares about exclusives. I don't. I bought a PS3 because of the hardware first, not just Blu-Ray, but the fact that the PS3 in and of itself is an impressive machine. I may eventually add a 360 to my collection as well since they're getting all the RPGs, but I see no reason to jump ship from being a Sony supporter.