Sony Is Simply Killing The PS Brand That Ken Kutargi Created

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18830 Posts

Do You think If Ken K Was Still In charge, PS3 will never lose its BC?

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

PSP107

Kutaragi lost us may exclusives such as assissans creed and gta 4 so screw him.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?G-Legend

Exactly what I'm thinking. I would have thought that 95% of the gaming world would own a PS2 by now. Why is BC such a big deal?

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?caseystryker

Exactly what I'm thinking. I would have thought that 95% of the gaming world would own a PS2 by now. Why is BC such a big deal?

Because Sony set a precedent with the PS2 that all others have followed, and they're the ones breaking it. They're the ones who made a system that effectively replaces your old one, and now they're suddenly going back on their own tradition and word? Sorry, but the gamers have a right not to like it.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?caseystryker

Because keeping it is progressive. It should not only have BC...but playing on the PS3 should be a better experience than playing on a PS2 due to hardware benefits. You can say I should keep my PS2 around.

It's also a big deal because there is nothing about BC that isn't viable or unfeasible. Sony has already proven that which means the only reason it has been cut out is to help Sony bring the price down. Given that prices fall with time anyway you'd expect the same core functionality for a cheaper price later...what we have instead is a bunch of weird SKU's that are neither progressive or even transversive (some features gained whilst others are lost).

What exactly is the PS3 supposed to be? What is off limits and what isn't in SKU revision?

The whole issue of BC is about more than convienence, it challenges the very concept of PS3 as a package.

I for one, like many consumers would consider robust BC as part of the deal...clearly Sony doesn't.

04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
I agree and am glad I got a PS3 before they dropped it
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
if ur that concerned about sony then obviously u own a ps2 like the other 90% of the world. if so, why complain?
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

haseeb_1989

yeah i heard that to about GTA 4 was not exclusive to PS3 because of Ken

haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
[QUOTE="haseeb_1989"][QUOTE="PSP107"]

PSP107

yeah i heard that to about GTA 4 was not exclusive to PS3 because of Ken

We also lost other games such as dmc 4.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 G-Legend
Well it's you people who complain about the price and expect it to have everything, Sony had to cut something to cut the price so you can't really complain. Get a PS3 now with BC if you want it that badly.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PSP107
I just bought the MG bundle on monday night, but all PS3 should have BC. atleast through Software Emluation. They lose more sales by doing this.
Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
The people saying "Get a PS2 if your worried" are morons. Why? You apparently have a 100$ to spend on a system to play some random PS2 games when you feel like it. PS started the BC and they should end with the BC, not just quit halfway. I sold my PS2 and got PS3, still keeping all my PS2 games. Luckly I bought a PS3 MGS bundle so im okay but other people later on choose to move onto PS3 and find out they dont have BC with there PS3 will feel shafted and for all the right reasons. Please stop saying get a PS2 and start realizing that there aren't money trees in this world, unless of course your parents are.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G-Legend

The people saying "Get a PS2 if your worried" are morons. Why? You apparently have a 100$ to spend on a system to play some random PS2 games when you feel like it. PS started the BC and they should end with the BC, not just quit halfway. I sold my PS2 and got PS3, still keeping all my PS2 games. Luckly I bought a PS3 MGS bundle so im okay but other people later on choose to move onto PS3 and find out they dont have BC with there PS3 will feel shafted and for all the right reasons. Please stop saying get a PS2 and start realizing that there aren't money trees in this world, unless of course your parents are.Azul_Cobra

Okay but there are plenty of ways to get a cheap PS2 or even a PS3 with BC right now. There's the MGS4 bundle, you can look for 60GBs online or even 20GBs and just upgrade later, or you can wait for BC to return once the PS2 dies out.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/20/singstar-firmware-upgrade-will-allow-ripping-of-ps2-tracks-onto/

is this proof that BC will eventually come back?

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?G-Legend

well said. Who cares about the last gen?? Sony won last gen already lets focus on this gen. BC doesnt matter.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

60 GB PS3 had been selling for over a year, those who cared for backward compatibility should had gotten the unit.

Plus, the 80GB still offered over 85% BC as well.

No need to cry over it, Sony gave plenty of time and opportunity to have BC.

If you really still wish to play PS2 games, buy a ps2 console.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSP107
BC is the best. MGS4 is the only game i got now so its nice to know i go back and play PS1/PS2 games. Having a PS3 makes me want to replay GTA 3/Vice City (I wish i still had San Andreas) God Of War 2( It wasnt long ago when i 1st beat it) DMC 2/3(which i still had 1) MGS 2 and more PS2 games. As for PS1 games, i'll replay Xena Warrior Princess, Crash Bandicoot 3, Tony Hawk 1/2, Smackdown 2( few matches though)
PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

It's funny that some of the people complaining about BC were first complaining about the price to keep it. So Sony gets rid of it, for better or worse, to drop the price of the console and now people are complaining about the removal of BC that made the box more affordable.

I can play PS2 games on my PS3 but I generally don't. They're made for the PS2 so I play them there. And it warms my soul to use the PS2 every now and again.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?MAILER_DAEMON

Because Sony set a precedent with the PS2 that all others have followed, and they're the ones breaking it. They're the ones who made a system that effectively replaces your old one, and now they're suddenly going back on their own tradition and word? Sorry, but the gamers have a right not to like it.

I couldn't agree more. That was even one of the selling points of the PS3 when it launched, to the point of taking jabs at their competition for incomplete backward compatibility. It would have alienated me. That's one of the reasons I spent the money on the 60 GB model when I learned it was being discontinued.
GameFreakJason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GameFreakJason
Member since 2004 • 469 Posts

Sony Playstation 2 was one of the best consoles that ever existed. It still is.

Almost every gamer has a PS2-- or at least almost PS3 owner. I think that BC is a nice addition, but I have never really wanted to play PS2 games on my PS3-- the major reason being that I own a PS2.

Here's the thing though: If YOU want to play PS2 games doesnt that at least MEAN that you OWN a product that plays those games?

I think that people who have PS2's and PS3's with no backward compatibility are being a little greedy.

Avatar image for CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CaptainSuperman
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts

How many games do you see being released on the orignal X-Box? None, this means that Microsoft wants all developers to focus on thier new system. Sony should do the same. Sony is spending truckloads of money on PS3's, and not all the developers attention is going towards PS3. We should be in the next-gen by now, and not worry about last-gen products. If you have all these PS2 games, why not get a BC PS3, or just get/keep a PS2. If you can afford a PS3, you can afford a PS2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#23 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
apparently you can't have your cake and eat it too. They removed BC to bring the price of the system down because it wasn't selling. So.many.people complained that the system costed too much. They made it cheaper for those people. It's a crappy way to do it but it is a cheaper system now, nerfed as it is.
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

Those who are saying why dont you buy a ps2, or if you really cared about it why didnt you get an older one. Well what about kids that dont have a job/rich parents? they save up money (sell there ps2) and by the time they get a ps3 theres no more BC, how are they going to play all there old ps2 games?

also those who say nobody plays ps2 games on their ps3, just because you dont play ps2 games doesnt mean other people dont. Or that was last gen focus on this gen, well sonys still making ps2 games right? people still still have old ps2 games and would enjoy to keep playing them, just because it was last gen doesnt mean theyre not great games.

OrwellJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 OrwellJames
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts
Sony released the first PS3's with backwards compatibility to entice gamers who didn't already own PS2's into buying the console and also on account on the relative shortage of release titles. However, because the PS3 was, unlike its competitors, a VERY large jump forward in technology, it shared little in common with the PS2, so compatibility was expensive. Rather than continuing to widen their losses in their gaming division, Sony cut the backwards compatibility, figuring that anyone who didn't already have a PS2 but was interested in the Playstation brand would have bought one. Sony didn't remove backward compatibility to be hardasses about their PS2 hardware sales, they did it out of technical necessity. On the other hand, Sony should probably release a $600 backwards compatible version, but then again, with the entire world complaining about the price of the PS3, it might be a bad move.
agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

PSP107

you buy a Ps3 to play Playstation 3 games and there are more than 120 million ps2 owners so you would think everybody would have a PS2 :)

siac4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 siac4
Member since 2005 • 192 Posts
For three years I had a playstation 2 and many great games. All of which I kept so I could eventually go back and enjoy sometime. I bought a 60 gig unit, and due to financial predicament had to sell it within a week of buying it, and rumors of overheating and freezes helped motivate me. As soon as I could afford it I was going to go out and buy one. But wait I heard about a motorstorm bundle so I waited for that and purchased the 80 gig sku last december. When I got home what did I find an overpriced model that sacrifices my 600 back dated game collection for wireless internet connection that is slower than if I were to just wire it. So despite being a sony fan, all consoles have their flaws, Then what happens two months ago? my ps2 stops working so I am faced with either going out and buying a slimline for ps2 or not playing some great video games. Seriously what the **** karma, hindsight, irony whichever is applicable, they all suck ass. I hope that they fix it, but if they don't, then they should definetly bring that **** back in the next gen, which is still a ways, off, but I'm sure they're already in development.
OrwellJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 OrwellJames
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts

Considering that Sony has taken a loss on every PS3 console sold to date, I'm not sure "overpriced" is the best word. You seem to want everything but the fact of the matter is, you've got an expensive piece of hardware there. What you're suggesting when you say that Sony should have included backwards compatibility is that they should have downgraded the PS3 to make it viable to sell backwards compatible models at a reasonable profit/loss. You can't get a Cell Processor, a Blu Ray disc reader, an NVidia graphics card, and several other expensive pieces of hardware for nothing. You can't play outdated games. Boo hoo.

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts

[QUOTE="Azul_Cobra"]The people saying "Get a PS2 if your worried" are morons. Why? You apparently have a 100$ to spend on a system to play some random PS2 games when you feel like it. PS started the BC and they should end with the BC, not just quit halfway. I sold my PS2 and got PS3, still keeping all my PS2 games. Luckly I bought a PS3 MGS bundle so im okay but other people later on choose to move onto PS3 and find out they dont have BC with there PS3 will feel shafted and for all the right reasons. Please stop saying get a PS2 and start realizing that there aren't money trees in this world, unless of course your parents are.G-Legend

Okay but there are plenty of ways to get a cheap PS2 or even a PS3 with BC right now. There's the MGS4 bundle, you can look for 60GBs online or even 20GBs and just upgrade later, or you can wait for BC to return once the PS2 dies out.

I dont think you understand the arguement about BC. It does affect PS3 sales, people don't want to have to search for Old PS3's on the net, they want to walk into a shop and buy it brand spanking new. I still play some PS1 and PS2 games, I would have second thoughts on buyign a PS3 so soon if it didn't. The Ps3 is bloody expensive still and a thing like BC will put off people buying it. While you yanks and canucks get all the good deals and get price cuts every few months, us In Australia and Europe still pay heaps and get the raw deal.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?AgentZero225

well said. Who cares about the last gen?? Sony won last gen already lets focus on this gen. BC doesnt matter.

Yeah we should all throw out or sell our PS2 games. They were crap anyway, just look at those crappy last gen graphics.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
The reason people are pissed on Sony because of this is that Sony themselves used BC as a selling point in the early PS3 days and they actually hated on MS for having a bad BC on the 360. Then Sony just takes out the BC and is looking like a hypocrite and a liar.

I want to know why some people in this thread thinks is wrong to bash Sony for taking out the BC?

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

its because idiots, trade in their ps2s at game stop for ten dollars, then they realize theres still good games out for the ps2

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bdhoff

[QUOTE="PSP107"]

agentzero23

you buy a Ps3 to play Playstation 3 games and there are more than 120 million ps2 owners so you would think everybody would have a PS2 :)

There are 6 billion people on the planet. So only 2% of the people in the world could own one. But since not all of those PS2's sold are still functional, it's actually less than that. ;)

But seriously, a lot of PS3 owners traded their PS2's to get additional cash to get PS3's. I saw a kid just the other day bring in a PS2 and an Xbox to Gamestop to trade toward a PS3. For a lot of people, in order to get to the next generation they had to leave the last generation behind.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45497 Posts

It's pretty simple people:

80gb model that lets you play PS2 games via emulation. Yes, it applies to 75% of PS2 games but I'm sure they have the most popular titles on lockdown.

Get the 60gb or 20gb models online. I bought my 60gb for $350 off ebay and its worked fine. Beware of who you're buying from though, don't want tog et scammed. Amazon is safer IMO. The 60gb and 20gb models are said to play 97% of PS2 games.

Buy a ps2 off online. There are ps2s selling for $35 on Amazon.

BC isn't really a big deal. I bought my 60gb thinking it was but I find myself playing ps3 games 99% of the time. Of course, that's subjective.

I don't blame Sony for wanting to cut costs. And although people here may like BC, I'm willing to bet that the average gamer doesn't care about BC. Sony is trying to save money, and it needs to fast as I hear that 360 might be lowering their price again (not sure though).

Someone here mentioned precedent, but how can you establish a BC precedent for three generations and not lose tons of money? They tried to do it, but it just wasn't a viable option. But like I said, you can always get one online or perhaps buy used ones from Gamestop.

Overall, BC is a luxury nowadays and with so many great new titles you might not care after all. People need to get off this BC entitlement train already.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bdhoff

People need to get off this BC entitlement train already.

SolidGame_basic

Sony put people on the train.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/050517e.pdf

It's right there on the top of the press release. It's also on page 2.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45497 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]

People need to get off this BC entitlement train already.

bdhoff

Sony put people on the train.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/050517e.pdf

It's right there on the top of the press release. It's also on page 2.

As I said, Sony offered BC, and it's still trying with the 80gb model. It's just a business decision that needs to be made. I remember reading that it took about $800 and change to make a 60gb when it came out and they were selling it for $600! As much as I like BC, it's what they have to do.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
I, for one, would buy a next gen console to play next gen games. If I want to play ps2 games so badly, I would hold on to my ps2. Plain and simple.
jtickner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 jtickner
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts
[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?MAILER_DAEMON

Although I have a PS3 capable of playing PS1 and 2 games, I agree with that 100%.

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

I really wanted GOW2 but sold my PS2 long ago but here in the UK you cant buy a new PS3 that has BC or card readers so sony wont be making any money from game sales from me. Im not buying a PS2 again for one game and it would look terrible on my 50" 1080p tv

remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 remblade
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts
[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

Thank you very much. I couldn't have put it better myself. I actually ended up buying the MGS4 bundle yesterday because I wanted the BC. I definitely would not have bought it this soon if they weren't scrapping it from the future models.

slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts

We all have a right to complain...sony has been touting bc and how important it was since the ps2's release.

Now taking it away is hypocritical and shows that their initial plans weren't sound...that they made mistakes along the way and had a flawed strategy from the beginning

I'm glad i got the mgs4 bundle recently and yes its conveniant to know you can pick up classic games you may have never played in the past and not have to have a ton of stuff connected since it can get cluttered with a bazillion systems...and just to have it connected for whenever you get an itch to play a ps2 game is retarded ...

i expect them to bring it back perhaps as software update or allow people to purchase old games cheap on psn

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

You guys don't get it. If Sony takes BC away, this will boost PS2 sales.

Sony is not YOUR FRIEND. It's a company that wants our money like everybody else. When they stop making PS2's they PROBABLY will give us Software BC (like in European PS3's)

RodJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RodJR
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]Why are people crying over BC? I simply don't understand it. If you want it go get a PS3 with BC right now, or buy a PS2. BC will come back when PS2 dies, but come on why the fuss about it?AgentZero225

people care about that last gen because not everyone had a ps2 or a ps2 that works. on top of that, even though a good chunk of you wont gather the stones to admit it, the ps2 still has about 10000% more/greater games than what is available on the ps3 right now. plus what happens if someone wants to play a ps3 sequal to a ps2 game? you guys here on this thread are telling them to shell out an addition $100 to do that when it could have easily been implemented into the ps3 from the start?

thats just being ignorant, blind, elitist, and stingy.

RodJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RodJR
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

Sony is not YOUR FRIEND. It's a company that wants our money like everybody else. When they stop making PS2's they PROBABLY will give us Software BC (like in European PS3's)

rogerjak

so why did PS2 have full-BC?

slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts

stop with the kool aid drinking...i love the sony playstation brand and its my favorite system right now....but you gotta call it how it is...sony made a big deal over bc...made fun of microsoft then took it out themselves and did the same thing ms did...

you can't defend that...don't be blind loyalists

Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts
So, what's the problem? Lack of exclusives? BC? No. The real problem with the ps3 is the asymmetrical Cell architeture.... no aspiring developer want to put any serious effort into it, because that type of architecture isn't found on any other platform, so all the work and knowledge will be in vain. Also, Sony won't use that stuff in their next console, the ps4 will have a symmetrical core - in style of the 360's innings (multiple identical cores), which makes the attraction evel less. That's the reason for all failed promises in terms of performance (1080p/60fps etc), and all DELAYS - the BIG fundamental reasons ps3 is failing.
Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ozzie234

stop with the kool aid drinking...i love the sony playstation brand and its my favorite system right now....but you gotta call it how it is...sony made a big deal over bc...made fun of microsoft then took it out themselves and did the same thing ms did...

you can't defend that...don't be blind loyalists

slystallion26
They didn't do what Microsoft did - they did WORSE, removed BC completely!!
Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ozzie234

rogerjak
You make it sound like it's a planned thing. It isn't. Still promoting the ps2 and removing the BC is a financial BAILOUT because of the abysmal ps3 sales (especially in Japan).....
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
I would gladly trade in my 80gb PS3 (with BC) for a 160gb PS3. People's obsession with PS2 games is gettin out of hand,, theres tons of great ps3 games to play, maybe try them out!
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

agentzero23

those 120 million were potential PS3 owners.