Socom vs Uncharted2 vs Gears- Rate the multiplayer!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RJDHeadshot
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

Hello, I love FPS and TPS and I just got a PS3. I have Socom but was wondering how good uncharted is. I have played GOW so if you guys can rank the multiplayers that will help me decide if I wanna get uncharted 2! Please only base this rank off of the multiplayer, I rarely play the campaign mode of games.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Uncharted multiplayer was fun for like a few days , socom multiplayer will last you years
DJintiRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DJintiRemix
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts

from 1 to 10...

Uncharted 2 Multiplayer: 10/10

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

UC2 and Gears are pretty similar...they play ALMOST the same and they both have strong online communities. But IMO I think the servers for UC2 are a little better. Socom is solid but I would pick up UC2 or Gears first and wait for Socom to hit the Bargain-ben.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Ooops, I didn't give you my ratings:

UC2 10/10

GOW 9.5/10

Socom 8.5/10

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RJDHeadshot

thanks for the feedback, I have socom now but im not liking it a whole bunch, I think I might get uncharted. Does it have partys?

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Gears-8.5/10 = The gameplay is very unique in the movements. The weapons are really great and there's a good variety of them. The characters are nice that you get to select from and the maps are usually good, graphics are also usually decent, fun to play with friends (as well as horde and coop), and has good game modes.

UC2- 7/10 = The gameplay is alright. Scaling walls and buildings is what makes this game stand out, as the fun factor you had from the SP is carried over to MP and is still balanced. The maps are fair, and the graphics are nice. The character models you can unlock is a good bonus because they're really unique ( donut drake anyone?). The game modes are pretty standard, and the coop is fun with a good group of friends. My only complaint is the lack of weapons, progression, and sort of but not really a huge deal were the boosters. Those killed the life span of it for me (cept for the boosters).

Socom 4 8/10 = The gameplay is good (except for the lack of skill towards headshots). Its deffinately not the same as the old Socoms as the gameplay has TOTALLY changed and alot of great features were taken out for no apparent reason. The maps could be better, but they grow on you. The weapon unlock system is fine except for it takes a good amount of time to unlock mods. As for modding your weapon, they really limit you. You can just pick and choose, its all or nothing pretty much. The game modes are fine, except that some of the good ones have been taken out. I'm positive that Zipper will add more in patches, as well as fix alot of bugs and make the game much better as a whole. This game to me has more lasting appeal than UC2 did, or even possibly Gears. Can't really give a good rating since it basically game out this week due to PSN outage.

P.S.- I pretty much summed these up on the franchises latest installments ( including Gears 3 beta)

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RJDHeadshot

Gears-8.5/10 = The gameplay is very unique in the movements. The weapons are really great and there's a good variety of them. The characters are nice that you get to select from and the maps are usually good, graphics are also usually decent, fun to play with friends (as well as horde and coop), and has good game modes.

UC2- 7/10 = The gameplay is alright. Scaling walls and buildings is what makes this game stand out, as the fun factor you had from the SP is carried over to MP and is still balanced. The maps are fair, and the graphics are nice. The character models you can unlock is a good bonus because they're really unique ( donut drake anyone?). The game modes are pretty standard, and the coop is fun with a good group of friends. My only complaint is the lack of weapons, progression, and sort of but not really a huge deal were the boosters. Those killed the life span of it for me (cept for the boosters).

Socom 4 8/10 = The gameplay is good (except for the lack of skill towards headshots). Its deffinately not the same as the old Socoms as the gameplay has TOTALLY changed and alot of great features were taken out for no apparent reason. The maps could be better, but they grow on you. The weapon unlock system is fine except for it takes a good amount of time to unlock mods. As for modding your weapon, they really limit you. You can just pick and choose, its all or nothing pretty much. The game modes are fine, except that some of the good ones have been taken out. I'm positive that Zipper will add more in patches, as well as fix alot of bugs and make the game much better as a whole. This game to me has more lasting appeal than UC2 did, or even possibly Gears. Can't really give a good rating since it basically game out this week due to PSN outage.

P.S.- I pretty much summed these up on the franchises latest installments ( including Gears 3 beta)

Papadrach
Very helpful, I actually would have purchased uncharted 2 already but I keep getting an error on game market, but now that you said that im starting to second guess.
mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mojosodopee
Member since 2010 • 280 Posts

So the socom multiplayer is actually good? say better the RDR, Might consider buying it then.

Anyway my raitings

UC2- 9/10

gears 8/10

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RJDHeadshot
I have socom, but I'm not enjoying it that much right now. Lack of partys makes it virtually impossible to play with your freinds, u get headshots with like 60% of your kills, and the set up for unlocking things isnt very well done.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Not sure about Socom or Gears but I know Uncharted 2 MP is really awesome. It is simple and fun.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

thanks for the feedback, I have socom now but im not liking it a whole bunch, I think I might get uncharted. Does it have partys?

RJDHeadshot

Socom will have partys in a month. I recommend you use the clan war system if you want to create a party. You need atleast 4 guys though.

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RJDHeadshot
Yeah thats the only problem, I just got a PS3 and have no freinds. lol. All my phyical freinds play 360
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I haven't played Socom, Gears has really really fun MP and so does Uncharted 2. I'll say U2 cause there are not that many cheap tactics people can use.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Yeah thats the only problem, I just got a PS3 and have no freinds. lol. All my phyical freinds play 360RJDHeadshot

I could be your friend :)

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RJDHeadshot

[QUOTE="RJDHeadshot"]Yeah thats the only problem, I just got a PS3 and have no freinds. lol. All my phyical freinds play 360T_REX305

I could be your friend :)

Awhhhhh, reallly?! *Blush* lol, send me a f/r! my i.d is : ryry_butterfly69 And btw, I'm not gay lmfao.
jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts

So the socom multiplayer is actually good? say better the RDR, Might consider buying it then.

Anyway my raitings

UC2- 9/10

gears 8/10

mojosodopee

You actually like RDR multiplayer? I hated. For me, even the beta of Socom 4 with two maps was better then RDR multiplayer.

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts
Uncharted 2 is really great for what it was: Naughty Dog's first shot at putting Multiplayer into a game like Uncharted. I like it a lot. Though, progression is slow, that doesn't matter. There are only a handful of people who reached level 80 and I wouldn't be that proud if I was one of them. lol. I'd rate it a 9/10 Uncharted 3 though looks like it'll be better! For me at least since it offers online splitscreen.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Socom 4's multiplayer is trash. But the previous socom's yes, they will last you years.

Uncharted multiplayer was fun for like a few days , socom multiplayer will last you yearsultraking

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Socom 4's multiplayer is trash. But the previous socom's yes, they will last you years. [QUOTE="ultraking"]Uncharted multiplayer was fun for like a few days , socom multiplayer will last you yearsredskins2156

The game just came out. The dev's haven't even got to patch it yet..
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

3 different Genres.

Also, this is biased. Why Post this in the PS3 Forum?

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RJDHeadshot

Well I broke down and purhased uncharted 2 from the game market, it was only 20$ for a excellent condition game

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RJDHeadshot

they are all 3rd person shooters were are talking strickly online.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 1bigsmoke55

Well I broke down and purhased uncharted 2 from the game market, it was only 20$ for a excellent condition game

RJDHeadshot

Stop Beating the bush.

Answer why to the fact that this is in the PS3 forum.

Think about it, you have Gears Included , This is a PS3 Forum, More than likely, You should post it in System Wars, Due to the somewhat Heterogeneous(PS3,360,ETC) Community, whereas here, it's predominately Homogenous(PS3 Owners).
Also, i Doubt people here played gears.
Just my 2 cents.

RJDHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RJDHeadshot
alright sorry, i was just trying to figure out how uncharted was cause ive played socom and gears.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 1bigsmoke55

alright sorry, i was just trying to figure out how uncharted was cause ive played socom and gears. RJDHeadshot

No Problem, it's just due the fact you'd get better results in System Wars.

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

[QUOTE="RJDHeadshot"]alright sorry, i was just trying to figure out how uncharted was cause ive played socom and gears. 1bigsmoke55

No Problem, it's just due the fact you'd get better results in System Wars.

That is true, but some guys here gave honest opinions.