Socom DLC update (With Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

From what I've read the DLC will be $9.99 the first 24 hours then $14.99 after that. Personally, I'm excited for it because its bringing back some of my favorite maps from the older games. I've noticed that the numbers have gone down, probably because of the many other games out and people waiting for the next patch.

I'm just curious if you guys are going to pick up the DLC :D

Just to update here, the DLC will be released on the 17th of December and will be $9.99 until the 20th. Here is an update from the socom blog

We have some great news for SOCOM: Confrontation fans. We're excited to announce that the 1.60 patch is now available for download. Patch 1.60 contains a massive amount of new content and features entirely free to all players.

SOCOM 1.6 screenshot 1

New Special Forces – The Dutch KCT and Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces teams are featured in this update. Each Force is provided with two new heads, a new voice and light, medium and heavy variants of their own torsos and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).

New Weapons – Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces. The Dutch KCT will have access to the 417 assault rifle, while the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces will receive the SPAS 15 shotgun. Additionally, four new weapons will be made available to players regardless of assigned Special Force. New weapons include the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, AK-74 and SR-25.

Weapon Updates – A number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons have been included in the patch. Below is an overview of the updates and adjustments that have been made:

• M87ELR is given .50 cal rounds to balance it against the Mercenaries' M82A1A.
  • Shotguns are balanced to do less damage at long range but more damage at close range.
  • Grenade launchers and rocket launchers have less delay in between shots.
  • Front End weapons values are updated to reflect the new Cold War DLC Pack weapons.

In addition to the new characters and weapons, the team has also added 100% Random Medleys to the patch update.

SOCOM 1.6 screenshot 2

We also have some big news on the SOCOM Confrontation 'Cold Front' DLC Pack. To begin with, we now have an official release date: December 17th on the PlayStation Network. We want to make sure that you're able to spend the holiday break playing 'Cold Front'. In addition, the special $9.99 pricing will now be available from launch through Sunday, December 20

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

i might.... Lately I have been playing a lot of other games. I love socom but my skill have went down due lack of playing it. And you all know Socom fans never stop playing the game, so now I suck

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 imthebest6

i might.... Lately I have been playing a lot of other games. I love socom but my skill have went down due lack of playing it. And you all know Socom fans never stop playing the game, so now I suck

Terrencec06

I know what you mean, I get my behind wooped if stop playing for a bit. It really has one strong community.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Cheating, scamming, scumbag Slant Six... no way are they getting my money. Failure of a developer. SOCOM: Confrontation is an awesome game but the overall polish and game mechanics are some of the worst in history. And the BUGS. Jesus. No way.
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 imthebest6

Cheating, scamming, scumbag Slant Six... no way are they getting my money. Failure of a developer. SOCOM: Confrontation is an awesome game but the overall polish and game mechanics are some of the worst in history. And the BUGS. Jesus. No way.Adziboy

I understand what your saying, slant six could of been one of those devs going into bankruptcy had they not inherited an elite franchise

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
Did they fix the horrible loading? I dislike socom alot, loading is what killed it for me and the way finding a game is also un-attracted me from it.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I might get the DLC. First I would like the 1.6 firmware released before going back into the game. I stopped playing basicly only because of waiting on the update with the weapons that should have been there in the begining.
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imthebest6

Did they fix the horrible loading? I dislike socom alot, loading is what killed it for me and the way finding a game is also un-attracted me from it.Javieralijandro

The menu loading has improved and I know they took out the black fog at the starting of each round which was annoying before.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

It was obvious very little effort went into the game and they have no care for their fans.....I only played socom for years with 1,2,3,....Giving us this game on a beast of a system in the ps3 is just a slap in the face to Socom Fans

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 imthebest6

It was obvious very little effort went into the game and they have no care for their fans.....I only played socom for years with 1,2,3,....Giving us this game on a beast of a system in the ps3 is just a slap in the face to Socom Fans

TJSAGE

It really is but even with all the games out now, i still play socom

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

I'll be getting it definitly. Geez I can only play mw2 for about 30 mins before throwing up lol. And someone says all of the bugs have ran them off, hmm did you ever play s1, or s2? The loading screen has been fixed for some time now, for a long time actually. I agree the game could have been better, but really there isn't no other game that comes close to giving me the kind of satisfied feeling Socom does.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imthebest6

I'll be getting it definitly. Geez I can only play mw2 for about 30 mins before throwing up lol. And someone says all of the bugs have ran them off, hmm did you ever play s1, or s2? The loading screen has been fixed for some time now, for a long time actually. I agree the game could have been better, but really there isn't no other game that comes close to giving me the kind of satisfied feeling Socom does.

GreyFoXX4

Socom is the only game I have that gets my heart going quickly because it gets so intense

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I am getting it, it's one of my faves, altho I didnt play much cuz of so many good games out there gotta play too.... the new maps gonna get me playing more.
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imthebest6

I am getting it, it's one of my faves, altho I didnt play much cuz of so many good games out there gotta play too.... the new maps gonna get me playing more.Dogswithguns

I'm really excited for vigilance (one of my all time favorite maps)

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imthebest6

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the recent socom news

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imthebest6

Eight thousand people are logged on, looks like the patch has pulled players back in

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Oh yeah, I just read about the 1.60 at the Socom site, Im downloading it now.... sweet, now Im waiting on the new maps to come out. haha
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imthebest6

Yeah next week!

Stark1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stark1177
Member since 2003 • 200 Posts
yea I'll get the DLC, bout damn time, Hopefully they could get another DLC (classic jungle maps) this spring or something....That'd be amazing...not likely though
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imthebest6

yea I'll get the DLC, bout damn time, Hopefully they could get another DLC (classic jungle maps) this spring or something....That'd be amazing...not likely thoughStark1177

That would be great, hopefully they give us stuff to hold us over until the next installment (assuming there is one)