So now the standard Dead Space 2 DOESN'T include DS Extraction????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Am I reading this right?

I'm looking at Amazon and the cover art no longer mentions Extraction and it no longer mentions it is a limited edition (when I ordered it was "limited edition" cover art but it was the regular price of $59.99, and it was supposed to include Extraction). Now there is a 79.99 version that DOES include Extraction. I look at the Walmart website, and again there is no limited edition for $59.99, there is just a regular version that includes the Dead Space Extraction DEMO. But once again, the collectors edition for $79.99 specifically mentions Dead Space Extraction as "PS3 exclusive content".

I'll be rather pissed if they changed the contents of what was supposed to be the standard version of this game on release (i.e. Limited Edition on release date just like Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor, Dragon Age II). It seems rather strange that they don't even list the PS3 version as limited edition any more, usually that lasts at least the first few weeks after release before they sell out and move towards the regular editions. The fact the regular $59.99 version was ADVERTISED to include Dead Space Extraction as a PS3 exclusive is basically the reason I pre-ordered this game. Honestly if they changed this to only include the "demo" I will have to cancel my order and possibly boycot this game out of principal. Total BS. Hopefully it's just that the "limited edition" for $59.99 sold out, but I have to say it's a little strange that it wouldn't still be there at least through release date.

GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

it should work like MOH
the first line of games should already be 'limited eidtion' and have extration
no need to worry unless you wait and buy the game six months from now...

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
It won't be removed, yet I don't care anyways. I have the CE all the way paid down pre-order, I get everything Dead Space 2.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I emailed amazon about their listing change. I think that those who have pre-oredred it will get the limited edition and after launch you will have to buy extraction in HD on the PSN.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I preordered the standard edition from GameStop a few months back,would this have DS Extraction, I kind of wanted to get Extraction.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 2Chalupas

I preordered the standard edition from GameStop a few months back,would this have DS Extraction, I kind of wanted to get Extraction.

StealthMonkey4

We are supposed to get it. It's just throwing me off that they changed the listings BEFORE the release date, and nothing really seems to officially CONFIRM that the version I'm getting will still include Extraction. Actually there's nothing to even confirm what I ordered was the limited edition, even though I put my order in over a month ago. I guess the only thing that actually said limited edition was the boxart image, which has now been changed.

Amazon couldn't even give me a straight answer as they said something about Dead Space IGNITION when I inquired about Extraction. Talk about confusing. Since Amazon doesn't seem to be offering any meaningful bonus for the game, I might just cancel and go ahead and get it locally just so I can confirm which version I'm getting before paying for it.

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

Well, according to the official Dead Space 2 website, the PS 3 limited edtion version will have Extraction. I also had the same question as you did (I pre-ordered the Limited Edition from Gamestop but I forgot to ask if it comes with Extraction) and I asked it on the Dead Space forums. Hopefully I'll have an answer soon and I don't have to go back to Gamestop to get Extraction for the Wii.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Extraction was always only to be included with the Limited and Collector Editions. This isn't anything new.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
who cares it was a mediocre game on the wii. Dead space 2 is where its at.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

who cares it was a mediocre game on the wii. Dead space 2 is where its at.campzor

someone hasnt played it then!

i came in to laugh at u guys for gettign a wii port.....i have it for wii and love it, would love to have it for ps3 but jst cant justify the outlay to get Move up and running (already have a wii and kinect, so lounge room is getting cramped!). i love good wii games, but dont like low res jaggies! (unless they are stylish and hilarious like house of the dead:OK and MadWorld)

Mrmccormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mrmccormo
Member since 2011 • 870 Posts
I was confused by this at first, too. Some websites seem to use the term "Limited Edition" when describing the Collector's Edition bundle and that's where it's unclear. For instance Amazon is informed "the Limited Edition includes Dead Space Extraction" and they go "Oh, got it. The Collector's Edition. Ok, we'll add that right away". Stupid retailers. According to EA/Visceral, the "Limited Edition" is simply the first pressing of the game (the first 600k discs of the game, for example). Whether you get the "Limited Edition" with the normal purchase of the game OR the Collector's Edition bundle is irrelevant. Both are considered "Limited Edition". Once the first batch of games runs out, EA says the Limited Edition (which is limited) will run out and the DS:Extraction included on the disc will simply be a demo.
GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerChick2083

I asked the question on the EA forum last night and I got an answer. Turns out that at launch all PS 3 copies of Dead Space 2 (whether you've pre-ordered the limited edition or the collector's edition), you'll get the full version of Extraction. After some time, Viscereal (not sure when) will release a "standard" edition of Dead Space 2 which will have the Extraction demo. The confusion was caused by some retailers posting the info for the standard edition even though Viscreal doesn't plan to release it for some time. So, as long as you don't wait too long after launch, no matter what PS 3 version of Dead Space 2 you buy, you'll get the full version of Extraction. It wouldn't have been a big deal for me to buy Extraction on the Wii, but I didn't want to drive all the way back to Gamestop for another game. Although I kind of have to today to get a friend's birthday present.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Extraction was always only to be included with the Limited and Collector Editions. This isn't anything new.

volume_three

But wasn't DS Extraction supposed to be a case like MoH, where there was no standard and the standard edition is the Limited Edition, if you buy it on PS3?

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerChick2083

Who knows. But I'm thinking that most likely, those who ordered the limited edition and not the collector's edition, are worrying over nothing. We'll get Dead Space Extraction since we're getting the game at launch. Retailers are jumping the gun with the standard edition stuff.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
EA has always been about making money if they can make people spend 30$ on a special edition of a game they would rather people buy that
usermikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 usermikey
Member since 2008 • 506 Posts

Dead Space 2 comes out tommorrow!!! Go order it/ pre-order it online or in store right now because Dead Space 2 Limeted Edition is indeed coming with Dead Space extraction on the Blu-Ray disc. :D This is for PS3 only from what I understand. Sorry XBOX360.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

it should work like MOH
the first line of games should already be 'limited eidtion' and have extration
no need to worry unless you wait and buy the game six months from now...

GC4ever

^this

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ultimameteora
Actually the NFS Hot Pursuit LE, didn't seem to last that long so if you want a copy of the LE version of Dead Space 2 I'd get it as soon as it comes out, I wouldn't wait more than a month.
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

The question is, who the hell is gonna beat this game on HARDCORE with only 3 saves, NO CHECKPOINTS!

I only have 4 plats, and one of them is dead space 1. Hopefully I can plat Dead Space 2. Right now I cant plat MEDAL OF HONOR because the stupid TIER 1 mode is HARDDDDDDDDDDD. 4 shots and ur dead, and have to restart the entire level

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2Chalupas

The question is, who the hell is gonna beat this game on HARDCORE with only 3 saves, NO CHECKPOINTS!

I only have 4 plats, and one of them is dead space 1. Hopefully I can plat Dead Space 2. Right now I cant plat MEDAL OF HONOR because the stupid TIER 1 mode is HARDDDDDDDDDDD. 4 shots and ur dead, and have to restart the entire level

Bow-T_88

Wow. That does seem a bit ridiculous. I'm sure I had to load way more than 3 checkpoints on "Impossible" difficulty in Dead Space 1, and probably died 100+ times along the way.Maybe they'll tone down the difficulty a little bit to make up for a lack of checkpoints.If it's as hard as Impossible mode on dead space 1 then doing it on 3 saves seems like stretch to me.I just remember there were a few really bad sections in Dead Space 1 where it was hard to get through (so most deaths were probably from repeating the same checkpoint over and over). Also there was a real lack of ammo on the highest difficulty, I even had to use multiple saves to go back to previous checkpoint if I didn't have enough ammo to go through a certain section. I guess if you break your saves into 2 hour sessions and KNOW where the bad parts are ahead of time, It might be doable.

Medal of Honor Tier One mode was pretty easy though. At least in that one they seemed to go easy on the "superman AI" because of the lack of checkpoints. What held me back on that platinum was the online, I couldn't get the firecontroller trophy, and couldn't be bothered for leveling up because I didn't really like the game that much.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#21 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Limited Edition is the same price as the standard edition in UK, except that Extraction comes with Limited edition for free.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ultimameteora
^ Same in US, the first run standard editions are limited editions.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Bow-T_88
Don't worry man... most devs overhype these "impossible" modes. They end up becoming disappointingly easy.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
I think it does but only for the PS3.
alex_b52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alex_b52
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

Im most certain it does, i got it on Saturday and it did include it, standard ed.