So I work at a little videogame shop..

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maximus923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Maximus923
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

And it's funny how many PS3's we've been getting in used and selling used. Before the attack we couldn't get a PS3 in used for the life of us, and in one day two days ago we got two. TWO. Then I find out from the owner that our other store has gotten 8-9 over the last week.

In short I find it funny that people are switching over to 360 because of this ordeal. I can understand that people want and NEED to play online but you can't wait in the line?

Ian_K2772

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ian_K2772
Member since 2010 • 812 Posts

And it's funny how many PS3's we've been getting in used and selling used. Before the attack we couldn't get a PS3 in used for the life of us, and in one day two days ago we got two. TWO. Then I find out from the owner that our other store has gotten 8-9 over the last week.

In short I find it funny that people are switching over to 360 because of this ordeal. I can understand that people want and NEED to play online but you can't wait in the line?

Maximus923
I totally agree, it's ridiculous how people cannot wait. It's not like lives are depending on it, it's just a month.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

well that doesnt mean alot really. i been working at gamestop for a lil over a year now. in this outage that ps3 has been in, we only got in 2 ps3s to sell but that went towards a wii, and the other guy used it to get a slim since he had a fat 40gb. in the end, sony will be fine ull see. once psn is back up, l.a. noire is released, infamous 2, and all the good exclusives ps3 has this year, will make a ps3 sales jump again. same ppl who sold their ps3 for xboxs they will sell it abck for ps3s. just wait and see

Maximus923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Maximus923
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

well that doesnt mean alot really. i been working at gamestop for a lil over a year now. in this outage that ps3 has been in, we only got in 2 ps3s to sell but that went towards a wii, and the other guy used it to get a slim since he had a fat 40gb. in the end, sony will be fine ull see. once psn is back up, l.a. noire is released, infamous 2, and all the good exclusives ps3 has this year, will make a ps3 sales jump again. same ppl who sold their ps3 for xboxs they will sell it abck for ps3s. just wait and see

JoKeR_421

It's funny how much my store hates Gamestop lol.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

According to VGCharts, the week ending april 30th ps3 outsold the 360, well see about last week when they have the figures but I doubt there will be much of a drastic change, for those who can't/couldn't wait, immediate gratification is curse.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

Maximus923

i like the ppl i work with and i like the perks i get with it lol. its my part time job, i work at a full time security at a hotel in the city, which pays me 20 an hr lol. so i figured since i love games i might as well try to work there to get my perks from them lol
CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

Microsoft does a better job of protecting it's users unlike Sony.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

CheekyIchi

Pretty sure M$ had a similar event to this one.

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

CheekyIchi

yeah like knowingly releasing faulty hardware

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

Once PSN is back up, it will likely be an improvement over the previous PSN. PS3 sales will most likely go up once all of this is behind us. Until then, I don't think it is looking very good for Sony.

Gmichels7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gmichels7
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Although if people are, like you say, rapidly getting rid of their PS3's, what does that mean for PSN when it comes back online? Will the gameplay be better, as less users are trying to use the system, or will it be worse as we are stuck in lobby due to lack of players? Either way, it should be interesting to see how sony comes back from this ordeal.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

I hope it comes back soon because I still have yet to play MK online and I have barely played Crysis 2 online and I was really getting into that game.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
[QUOTE="Maximus923"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

Makes a little sense I guess if you are just a local video game store. Where I am from we have a local game store that has two locations and they don't like the Gamestops in our area much.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

[QUOTE="CheekyIchi"]

Victorious_Fize

Pretty sure M$ had a similar event to this one.

Similar in that services were unavailable for a short period of time. But personal information wasn't compromised, the scale wasn't this large, they took responsibility for the mishap and it didn't last 3+ weeks.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Selling the PS3 because the PSN is down. I guess some people are addicted to playing on-line. The PSN down but will be restored, But that is no reason to switch to Xbox 360.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I really hope it comes back up soon, Portal 2 is collecting dust now that I've gone back and gotten all the singleplayer trophies for it. Co-op is waiting. I just hope the online communities for some games (Crysis 2 comes to mind) aren't destroyed by this.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

I'm ashamed of anyone who can't handle not having online. People played without having online fine with the N64 and PS1...

Single-player>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Multiplayer

Reign_Of_Dak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Reign_Of_Dak
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

Selling the PS3 because the PSN is down. I guess some people are addicted to playing on-line. The PSN down but will be restored, But that is no reason to switch to Xbox 360.

Megavideogamer
ppl are just impatient, i mean for a few seconds i was thinking of doing the same but then i realized how dumb that idea is; selling my ps3 n games just to buy a 360 n maybe the same or worse games for it then paying for live just to play online again, then a few days later psn goes back up and ppl get free stuff for waiting while i'm sitting here shelling out 50 bucks a yr for something i was getting for free. times like this shows how illogical ppl really are
GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="Maximus923"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

CajunShooter

Makes a little sense I guess if you are just a local video game store. Where I am from we have a local game store that has two locations and they don't like the Gamestops in our area much.

Just imagine how bad they would be for the video game industry if gamestop actually gave you a fair ammount of money for your trade-ins...

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Maybe we'll get less Cows now... I also find it hilarious that people are willing to give up on the PS3 because they can't play their little games and are now going to get an xbox and end up paying for their games and then paying to play the biggest part of it... Multiplayer.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Well its not hard to believe that people would overreact and make stupid decisions. Remember when the stock market crashed because people panicked and everyone pulled out their stocks at the same time and everyone pulled their money out of the bank. People are just stupid.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts
and in one day two days agoMaximus923
that made me lol.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

I'm ashamed of anyone who can't handle not having online. People played without having online fine with the N64 and PS1...

hanslacher54
That's your opinion. Doesn't mean everyone else has to share it. The fact is current gen games, for the most part, are built with multiplayer substituting content. So games are more likely to have 10-20 hours of single player content and multiplayer rather than 60+ hours of content. There were a ton of games that fit that bill last gen. But not so much now. So people have already beaten their games multiple times and basically fill the void with multiplayer content these days. It's not really as simple as go play your SP games because a lot of us have already done all there is to do with them.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
They're gonna regret it. They are just too impatient and that it baffles me.
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

That's ridiculous, does no one have fun playing single player games anymore? That's all I play. I used to play nothing but the online multiplayer, until I realized how boring and repetitive most online multiplayer games are on consoles.

But they really need to be patient and take the time to appreciate and enjoy the single player campaigns that developers put a lot of time and effort into making.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
ill still plan on using the ps3 as a bluray player even if i decide to stop playing games on it.
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Kiddies can't live without their Call of Duty.....

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

According to VGCharts, the week ending april 30th ps3 outsold the 360, well see about last week when they have the figures but I doubt there will be much of a drastic change, for those who can't/couldn't wait, immediate gratification is curse.

23Jarek23

funny how NPD sales shows 360 outsold ps3 :P

JAM1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JAM1313
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
wow, flip floppers. ill never flip tho, Playstation 4 life
TwoNineteen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TwoNineteen_
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm addicted, and this reeeeeeally sucks for me...but i finally played black ops single player...fast game, but it was good...played mortal kombat story mode and tons of other modes...now i'm playing single player homefront...but that's gonna be done soon and then nothing...maybe start a season on NBA 2K11...i don't know...these single players are good, but i miss playing with my buddies online...as for switching to an XBox....i don't F'n think so...they may have the internet, but they have a pile of crap for a machine, and the games are terrible...who the hell wants to play Halo?
Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

Some people are just spoiled and seriously think they can't live without online gaming, or at least have nothing productive to do with their lives when they get sick of single player or whatever.

khbuhjkbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 khbuhjkbk
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts

a lot of you guys are down right pathetic. if people would rather play against others instead of sitting in a room quiet and alone, they have to be CoD addicts or not have a life. once again...it's the pasty nerds with hundreds or thousands of posts that defend sony. it could be down for the rest of the generation and there will still be sony d-riders typing "don't worry sony! i will forever be loyal to you! take as long as you want, i'd rather play against the predictable AI over and over and over and over......and over anyway! you can do no wrong!".

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
^ You can game with friends even while PSN is down, but obviously you're not aware of this concept. I wonder why?
dcelw540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dcelw540
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

It sucks for my friend.. his mom doesn't even use PS3 and she took his PS3 and when he came home from schoolhe saw an xbox in his room... :(

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

hanslacher54
While I agree that it's amazing how people will sell their consoles over something like this, I don't think you can compare this generation to those before it. A ton of games depend heavily on multiplayer now, and many more people are buying consoles with multiplayer in mind.
e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 e_stone001
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts

People are just too impatient these days. I bet when PSN goes up again, those ppl that bought a 360 will either keep it to play a couple games or sell it to re-buy a PS3. You can't miss out on the opportunity of all the exclusives coming out this year for it.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

Actually, it is not at all ridiculous that people are trading in their consoles for ones that can actually allow them to do as they please. Think about it. We only have so long to live and I'm going to want to do what I want whenever I can. I have the capabilities to continue playing the games I love online; all I have to do is get a different console. Waiting a month may seem like it's no big deal to the average gamer, but I want to play games on my watch, not somebody else's.

Also, just because someone enjoys playing games online doesn't mean they have no life and are pathetic. What kind of reasoning is that? People thinking that should take a philosohpy class and get an education. When I get done with an 8-1/2 hour work shift and my homework, I like to relax and enjoy playing some games with my friends online, some of whom happen to live in different states. PSN fails to provide those capabilities and I'm not going to wait an entire month to continue doing the things I enjoy. If I did not have a 360 already, I would be inclined to purchase one because of these reasons.

black__bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 black__bunny
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Wow some people are just stupid. Its not like its going to be down permanently or anything, and the console still works - try out single player, its actually a pretty great experience.

At least if all the idiots end up trading in their Ps3s, that might mean there will be less of those idiots online when PSN returns.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'm pretty sure that guys who sell their PS3s mostly don't do that because they want to play online so badly, I guess it's more the lost trust in Sony (one of the biggest thefts after all) and general disappointment / disagreement with the company (like how aggressively they go against hackers). In the last year Sony took more functions than they gave us (Other OS, ext. HDDs). I got to admit that my picture of Sony suffered a lot in the past 1 - 1.5 years, I was a huge Sony fan at the beginning of the gen, own over 200 PS3 games, but lately the company really bugs me, I can understand anyone who turns their backs on Sony

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

PSN comes back, new exclusives are released and the morons go crawling back to gamestop

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
I just finally finished the easter egg on the new CoD zombies map. Feels good, man. One day I'll get around to turning my PS3 on... if a good movie comes out.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Jesus, people are THIS pissed because of no online? The PS3 has lots of great single-player games, why can't people realize this?!
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JoKeR_421
Jesus, people are THIS pissed because of no online? The PS3 has lots of great single-player games, why can't people realize this?!tekken220
dont know but im glad i own all 3 this gen systems :).....although i havent signed for LIVE till few days ago, i only paid a $1 for the first month and thats all im going to pay, i dont believe in paying for online, and besides i dont see whats the big fuss about LIVE either, it feels the same as psn for me at least. and by the time im done using my live account for that one month, then my ps3's psn will be back on, and im good.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Wow. I've actually been without any console, for about 2 or 3 months. I've missed this whole PSN thing, entirely. But really, it goes to show how thoroughly addicted people are to online gaming. No wonder MW is so popular--it offers quick fixes. And, when those fixes are done, it offers more, but for a price. Sheesh, very similar to other things.

Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

I'm pretty sure that guys who sell their PS3s mostly don't do that because they want to play online so badly, I guess it's more the lost trust in Sony (one of the biggest thefts after all) and general disappointment / disagreement with the company (like how aggressively they go against hackers). In the last year Sony took more functions than they gave us (Other OS, ext. HDDs). I got to admit that my picture of Sony suffered a lot in the past 1 - 1.5 years, I was a huge Sony fan at the beginning of the gen, own over 200 PS3 games, but lately the company really bugs me, I can understand anyone who turns their backs on Sony

ArchoNils2

Why shouldn't they go against hackers? in fact, I hope they go after every single one of them. Why? Hackers don't do anything nasty, do they? Nnnnnoooooo, not at all. lets see; identity theft, credit card fraud, helping and/or supporting piracy, entering others systems illegaly. No, not at all, no reason what so ever to go after hackers. How dare they!!!???? (if this drippped of any more sarcasm, I could bottle it.)

Also, the reason they removed the OtherOS function was to stop the previously mentioned hackers (or monkeys as I like to call them) from creating pirated games and software for the system. Piracy, as you may have heard at some point, is quite the problem it seems. Or do we all now support it and the people who help propegate it?

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Why wouldn't people switch to Xbox360? Sony have proven they are not responsible with users personal info. They've also made a dogs meal out of fixing up this situation, PSN has been down for approaching a MONTH now. How can you honestly blame peopel for jumping ship? this is pretty ****ing rediculous considering Sony's financial status as a company.

GTA_Edm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GTA_Edm
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts

hanslacher54

To be fair, the N64 and PS1 didn't have online multiplayer capabilities. Now that all the current gen systems have it, people get used to playing online. And look at how many games depend on the online community to keep it alive. I haven't played single player of any game I've bought that has an active online community. ie Black Ops, Bad Company 2, Killzone 2. Probably never will. Not a fan of linear single player gameplay. But their online is great!

As for people selling off their PS3's? Can't say as I blame them. I just bought a Live Gold membership after a three year hiatus from using my XBOX 360. I never would have thought so but I missed playing online. So I'll probably spend more time on the 360 for the next year until my membership runs out...just top make sure I get my money's worth! Then I'll head back to the PS3...assuming they're back up and running by then. :)