So... Canadian video store..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

What do my fellow Canadians think of it?

Honestly, I think it's a bit of a joke. First off, how do single episodes of a TV show come out 50 cents less than a full featured movie? I can see, maybe three episodes for $3.49. But get real.

Even with one season of South Park. $2 an episode.....when you can watch everything since the first season on The Comedy Network's website completely free (thus sitting through a ten second ad)

I don't know about any of you, but I'm not touching this. Especially with all this "DRM control". I'm better off with all my regular means of watching a movie. Long live disks I say...

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Sony's video store has always been a joke I can't believe Canadians' wanted the option so bad. I surprised sony even aloud Netflix and Hulu on there system. Just use other sources like I don't know some kind of file sharing program..
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

2 bucks an epi, were u can watch itfor free on there website" you can watch everything and anything for free on the internets!.. anyways i like it, i rented and watched hot tub time machine, it was good, not awesome like i was told tho. i just hope they keep up with the new release that come out on tuesday.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Denji

2 bucks an epi, were u can watch itfor free on there website" you can watch everything and anything for free on the internets!..

iamshivy

Um, talking "illegal means" would get me canned and a locked thread:roll:

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

they offers highly compressed video at unreasonable price...

lol i would rather to rent BD movies from blockbuster or order movies from cable or satellite's movie on demand.

same price but much much better quality. Of course, it's good for ppl who use computer monitor as their "TV", then they probably cant tell difference.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
not really worth it... it's easier and doesn't take up bandwidth to just drive to your local rental place...
Foliage-King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Foliage-King
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts

Sonys movie policy is terrible. Overpriced, can only be downloaded once onto a ps3, cant be watched from a portable harddrive ect

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Joke. If I want to download compressed video, I'll use iTunes - at least that way I can play it back on any of my computers and TVs and transfer the files to as many iPods and iPhones as I want.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

It sucks

touchyourtoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 touchyourtoes
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts
It's ass. I'll stick to the illegal d/l's.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Sad thing is, this kind of crooked service wouldn't still be going if people weren't paying for it.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Still trying to figure out when people would want to stream video through their gaming consoles in the first place...

Are there people out there that actually don't own a PC?

SoYoung24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SoYoung24
Member since 2009 • 397 Posts

Personally I like it. For the Canadian service, its a lot better than the one on iTune and Xbox live. And its the only rental service I know in Canada except Cable or Sattelite company that offers french versions of their rental movies.

Maybe for the TV shows its overpriced, but for the new movies rental it can be compared to rent the phisycal Copy. I like it and I rented 2 movies so far and I'm ok with it. But I dont think its a good place to buy movies because its always better to buy the real copy, but for rental I dont see the problem with it.

suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

I think something messed up my ps3 last night when I rented hot tub time machine and it stopped downloading quarter way through. So I reset my ps3 and everything starting getting super slow and I couldn't shut down my ps3 the normal way, I had to flip the switch on the back. Now even worse it reformatted my hdd and nothing works. So in the end try not to use this service.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Denji

Sad thing is, this kind of crooked service wouldn't still be going if people weren't paying for it.hazelnutman

I don't really understand it either. But then again, would they really "stop" if people were smart enough not to buy into it? Or would they just think of ways to con people to keep it there?

On the issue of this vs piracy, I highly doubt it's about money at all. They're doing just fine with money. It's because they don't have control over it. It's just all "policy and regulation" to their shareholders. They have no issues with limiting the hell out of what you download. Something they obviously cannot do on a disk or any other means.

With all this BS over control and greed in this "corporation vs the end user", no wonder why so many people feel piracy is justified.