Should I get the peace walker psp bundle?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

User Lists: 0

#1 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts

Here's the deal I used to be a PSP fanatic until I busted my psp like 5 months ago. I would mostly play games online like Socom, Syphon filter, Resistance retribution, and MOHH. I have about $210 to spend. I had a psp 1000 which I began to hate because of my playing online without a mic.

I would play online with my little brother who bought a psp 3000 because of me, and still has one but also he has an ipod touch. I already have a 4th generation ipod nano but he plays online with the ipod touch too! Looks like so much fun, but they are making some pretty damn good games for psp.

Back when I used to play the games were "horrible" which I really didn't understand unless you bought games based off of movies... and ghost rider was actually pretty good!

I was looking at the PSP bundle that comes with Metal Gear Solid peace walker with the psp 3000 which is a beautiful green color. Anyone bought that? Wonder if the materials it is made with is better or worst then the black core. Also what are some good games that they have made that would be worth getting? I bought like 24 psp games back in the day lol but mostly old titles. I think Monster hunter freedom unite was the newest game I got, and I bought that right before my psp broke. (long stoy)

There are some games I have been dying to play such as fireteam bravo 3, gran turismo, and of course MGS peacewalker. :P The main thing I am concerned with is the material the psp is made out of. I don't want it to be any less superior to the piano black psp you get in the core pack... anyone bought this psp yet? how do you like it? Thanks for reading and your responses!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I picked up the Camo Big Boss Bundle. I'm not sure I'm really that happy with it, for a number of reasons. Next time I'm at Best Buy I'll have to check otu the material of the system, because I'm pretty sure its different from the core black systems. If you were browsing this forum in the past few weeks, there were an abundance of Go vs 3000 threads. I posted in quite of few them, in favor of the 3000, but now that i've had some hands on time with the system, the Go improves in a lot of important areas.

However, since you said you had a lot of umd games, I guess that throws the Go out of the question.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blooddog28
True that, I am just wanting the psp to last a long time. My psp 1000 lasted me 2 awesome years and was the best system I've ever had and I started getting careless with it... I was the one who broke my first psp and I am just hoping that the psp in the MGS bundle will last as long as my psp 1000. It was a beast. (not too pretty in the end lol) I want to buy the green (spirit) bundle over the big boss bundle because I do not like camo for some reason...
SillySkeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SillySkeleton
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

It's a regular PSP with a different paint job. The materials will be exactly the same as a standard 3000. Take proper care of it, and the MGS PSP should last you longer than 2 years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Well, one of my complaints with the 3000 is the build quality. It doesn't feel as sturdy as I'd like--it is very very light. Also, it should be noted that one of the HUGE advantages of the GO is the screen. My system, the day after getting it, already has a dead pixel. If you research it, this was a problem with the non GO models. Not only that, but the screen is also now interlaced--it doesn't look as solid as the GO. You suppose you get used to it, but it is more noticeable that I initially thought--I actually had a hard time playing Pursuit Force because of this.

It's a regular PSP with a different paint job. The materials will be exactly the same as a standard 3000. Take proper care of it, and the MGS PSP should last you longer than 2 years.

SillySkeleton

I'm about 95% sure you are wrong. A lot of the bundles use different matierials, I believe.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blooddog28

SillySkeleton

I'm about 95% sure you are wrong. A lot of the bundles use different matierials, I believe.

Yep that is what I thought too, but who knows maybe it is the same with different paint. Although, my friends god of war edition psp slim (2000) felt different then my other friends slim.

kmnov21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 kmnov21
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

I have a psp-2000, darth vader edition. It works very well. I've owned a psp 1000, but I traded it in for a psp 2000. Yes it is very light, but if you're careful you won't drop it. The PSP is pretty big. Knowing me, I'd drop the PSPgo before I drop the previous models.

The PSPgo really isn't a replacement model. Its another way to suck money out of casual gamers who know nothing about games. While they're caught up in the hardware, they're getting beat off the software. The library of games for the PSP is constantly growing, and the PlayStation store is not doing a good job of keeping up. There are hundreds of titles not yet out on the Playstation store. Furthermore, you can't buy used games for it, you have to give up your UMDs you currently own, you have to buy another type of memory stick, and it would be extremely hard to play imported games on them also.

The first models of the psp are just as good. A hard drive and bluetooth capability may not come standard, but it can still perform the same basic functions. I say go for it. You won't regret it. You can always take it back if you don't like it. 8)

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blooddog28

I have a psp-2000, darth vader edition. It works very well. I've owned a psp 1000, but I traded it in for a psp 2000. Yes it is very light, but if you're careful you won't drop it. The PSP is pretty big. Knowing me, I'd drop the PSPgo before I drop the previous models.

The PSPgo really isn't a replacement model. Its another way to suck money out of casual gamers who know nothing about games. While they're caught up in the hardware, they're getting beat off the software. The library of games for the PSP is constantly growing, and the PlayStation store is not doing a good job of keeping up. There are hundreds of titles not yet out on the Playstation store. Furthermore, you can't buy used games for it, you have to give up your UMDs you currently own, you have to buy another type of memory stick, and it would be extremely hard to play imported games on them also.

The first models of the psp are just as good. A hard drive and bluetooth capability may not come standard, but it can still perform the same basic functions. I say go for it. You won't regret it. You can always take it back if you don't like it. 8)

kmnov21

Thanks man and thanks for commenting on my blog, nice talking to you again! :D

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Well, one of my complaints with the 3000 is the build quality. It doesn't feel as sturdy as I'd like--it is very very light. Also, it should be noted that one of the HUGE advantages of the GO is the screen. My system, the day after getting it, already has a dead pixel. If you research it, this was a problem with the non GO models. Not only that, but the screen is also now interlaced--it doesn't look as solid as the GO. You suppose you get used to it, but it is more noticeable that I initially thought--I actually had a hard time playing Pursuit Force because of this.

[QUOTE="SillySkeleton"]

Heirren

The build quality of the PSP is great... It's much more sturdy than the 2000 & 1000, the buttons are much more

'in place' and the whole system doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart(that's the feel that the 1000& 2000 gave me).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="SillySkeleton"]

Resistance_Kid

The build quality of the PSP is great... It's much more sturdy than the 2000 & 1000, the buttons are much more

'in place' and the whole system doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart(that's the feel that the 1000& 2000 gave me).

Don't get me wrong, I like the system, but at the same time I'm not going to kid myself into thinking it feels like solid construction. While the buttons feel great, the digital pad is pretty good(had some probs with street fighter, but i'm still adjusting), but little things like the extremely cheap feeling UMD door and the poor screen take away from the system. When I finally got it, it felt like I was buying really old technology. I found it very strange that the screen on the psp 3000 doesn't even measure up to the dslite, quality wise.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
[QUOTE="blooddog28"]

[QUOTE="SillySkeleton"]

Yep that is what I thought too, but who knows maybe it is the same with different paint. Although, my friends god of war edition psp slim (2000) felt different then my other friends slim.

You're right buddy. It's the same with the PS3, people use to think the only thing Sony changed is the GPU and CPU size but in reality the complete exterior is made of cheaper plastic plus they removed a lot extras. Right now i am in the same situation as you. I tempted to get the green psp bundle but at the same time don't want to hear a PSP2 will lunch in the coming months. I guess i have no choise but to wait for E3.
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

You should get it cause its a great deal for what you get. I was gonna buy it until I found a better deal on ebay lol

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
Topic closed: Please use the recommendation thread/sticky for these questions.