Should i buy a PS4 or a good gaming PC?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xeon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xeon71
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts

Personally, I have always been a console gamer. I have seriously considered PC gaming this gen but decided to get a PS4. I like just buying a system and using remotes that are designed for the system. I like the first party games that Sony delivers. I'm not knocking PC, I know there are great games on PC, some of which are clearly better on PC than consoles but for me I just prefer the console feel.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Depends on what you really want but you can´t really beat the PC and it´s vast library across every genre,better online,every input method you can imagine,best game prices in the industry modding that vastly enhances the gaming experience and even often spawns completely new standalone games,among so many other things.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

if money is truly no option, get a ps4 and a gaming pc, which would cost at least two or three times more than a ps4 in order to have better graphics, if you buy them both you won't need to buy an xbox one since most or all of the games for it also are released on pc...

if money is an option, get a ps4, you will not have to invest anything in it (well, except games) for its whole lifecycle...

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

my suggestion is to stop thinking about which console to get, and think about what games u wanna play,

then buy the medium which will deliver these games to you,,

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I enjoy gaming on PS consoles tons more than on PC. Only you can decide what's best for you, not others!

Avatar image for rahulmistri1997
rahulmistri1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By rahulmistri1997
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

All the people who are saying that ps4 have exclusives new news for you people PC is getting "titan fall" nd PS4 is nt getting it! Nd by many reviews of its gameplay it is said that it would change the first person games and drop down battlefield 4 nd COD Ghost! Its one of the biggest change in First Person Shooter games!

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

one trick pony then...

immiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 immiz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Consoles are always the best. PC can never match them. I'll go for PS4, if asked to choose between PC and PS4.

nikontou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#59  Edited By nikontou
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

There is no visual difference yet between PC and PS4, also ps4 support 4k resolutions (3840 pixels × 2160 lines) and both pc and ps4 games runs at multicore cpu.
The difference is between the pass of the time... At 2 years from now ps4 will have the same graphics. but PC will can upgrade with a new GPU hardware and also the graphics at pc games will be more realistic

and better than ps4 (this is the evolution of technology)!!!
And this negative effect of ps4 that grows old quickly belongs to Sony Marketing Financial Politics.

Microsoft Xbox One has the same future with ps4.

The winner of the 2 next-gen consoles is clearly the PS4.
-Better Design (Slim and Next-gen Design reminds the evolution of the most successful Sony's console ps2)
-Better Controller next-gen (Leds-Dualshock 4-Share button-Integrated Controller Mic-Headphones input) (at my eyes xbox one controller still remains the same with xbox 360 with a slight change)
-Better Graphics and Game Exclusive Titles (Sony Consoles uses deeper colours format and also sharper visual effects with impressive light effects than Xbox Consoles which are more smoothly and bloom) (Ps4

rules at exclusives because sony always uses the high-end system specs of her console for the best game result, and also sony titles are most famous like Uncharted, GoW, Killzone Video Game Series and more,

more ,more)
-Money Value (For the 1st time Sony, Understands the worldwide Economical Crisis and respect her Clients with the logical great price of 400 Euros for our difficult days)
No DRM protection and better Online Politics
No constant internet connection required.

*40 FPS = True HD RES for Human eye at 1080p
**25 FPS = Standard Frame rate that Human eye can See

Forgive me for some wrong English ,
i am not American neither Englishman

Wanna my opinion?
I think, Ps4 will be looks like a spaceship with debug settings enabled !!! ;)

chrnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 chrnod
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts

@MohWarfighter: I ran into the exact same exact dilemm myself not a long time ago the point that made me choose a console (PS4) was mostly the price. If you are looking for a gaming pc that will last a couple of years, you will need to invest at least 1200$ if building it yourself. If you compare this to a PS4 that will last 6 years at 399$ and you will always be able to run your favorite games as games are built for your console. Yeah i agree that pc games graphic quality can be better than a PS4 but within the 6 years your PS4 will last you would probaly need to upgrade your gpu on your pc to have the best graphics for the latest game that came out every 1-2 years or so... I do have a PS4 on my side because that is the decision i made and im very happy of this choice i made :)

donpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 donpimp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Normally I'd suggest the Console in a heartbeat but my PS4 showed up broken so I have to suggest a strong PC.

You might want to wait for the Steam Machines.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#62 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

Playstation 4

Gaming on a pc sucks in my opinion

nikontou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#63 nikontou
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

Gaming on consoles is more enjoyable and relaxing, because its fit perfect to your living room :) !!!

BrownWizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BrownWizz

@MohWarfighter:

Hey guys,

I'm just starting my YouTube channel and I will be uploading live gameplays of many games especially, Call of Duty, so please check out my channel and dont forget to rate comment and SUBSCRIBE! I try to bring you guys updates and amazing gameplay so that you guy are up to date in Call of Duty games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBrownWizz

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#65 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

My steam library of about 100 games says that you should get a PC. My PS4 with its 3 mediocre games agrees.

Je5usPiece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Je5usPiece
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

This choice should completely hinder on whether or not you want to play the PS4 exclusives, if not, PC all the way!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If price is not a factor get them all. Be a pimp like me.

Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

Sorry if i'am not revelant, since i did not read any of the other post.

Best graphic will be PC with a 4k setup but you will have to burn ALOT of money,

PS4 on the other hand, is great for the entry fee of only 400$.

I suggest you to get the best PC you can WITH a PS4, so you can play console only game AND PC only game.

Don't forget PC is usually better, but for 400$ you can't go wrong with a console!

Suharar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#71 Suharar
Member since 2003 • 193 Posts

You can build a superior gamng rig to the ps4 for just a bit more than a ps4, i think where you get your money back is the price of the games.

PS4 games in the uk are astronomical, about £50+ , i think thats like $80 in US money. Most new pc games you can get for about £30 or less so over time pcs are alot cheaper.

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

if you play alot of multi plats and graphics are of importance, then get a computer,

its going to look better and the multiplayer is the best experience.

but be cautious because every so often you will need to download new drivers, and u need to configure each game to run at its optimum.

consoles are better if you play with friends or family members in the same room, as your sitting in front of a tv,

its more easier as u put the disk in and then it will play, you dont need to configure graphics, anti aliasing, resolution etc etc,

you dont need check for new graphic drivers every few months,

SherlockH1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SherlockH1

Imho a good gaming rig is a better investment than the ps4

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Depends on what your budget is.

If you have $800+ to spend, then definitely go with a solid gaming PC.

If not, then I would absolutely buy a PS4. Not as powerful as a good PC, but much more of a next-gen platform than the XBone or WiiU.

4everdeadpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By 4everdeadpanda
Member since 2013 • 291 Posts

@oocracker:

@oocracker said:

about getting both .... the only reason for me to get the ps4 is for the exclusives ... however .. the fact that u'd have to upgrade ur high end specs. pc is strange a bit .. lets say both the ps4 and a pc have the same specs ... the question wud be .. cud u upgrade ur ps4? i think not !! .. still yet the new games will be designed to suit the ps4 .. same thing for a pc .. why wud u need to upgrade a pc? .. hmm even if we consider that the new pc games r being released to suit better hardware .. well, u dont have to max. out the game's graphics !! i'd stick to the resolution and setting that my already high end pc cud manage, to get the same results i'd get from the non upgradable ps4 .. and that is acceptable enough for me

(Slow clap) THANK YOU! I was thinking the same thing while reading this forum. I mean you really should take care of your expensive gaming pc but you don't HAVE to keep upgrading it if you don't want to. You can buy a graphics card that came out a year an a half ago and run Battlefield 4 at 50-70 fps on high settings without overclocking the card. You know just as long as the card works with the rest of the pc. I dont think I am going to build my own pc. I think I'm going to but a cyberpowerPC or wait for a good steam machine to come out. I think I'm going to get a GTX 660 or a GTX 760 graphics card and at least an i5-i7 processors. I just want to find a pc with those parts for under $1000 and the other parts are reliable. Oh and I'd like it to be quite. I'm not going to worry about overclocking... for now.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i prefer PC gaming but i game on consoles more because that's where my friends are at