Seriously considering a PS3 now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
So I lost my first 360 after 6 months, then the replacement 360 just died after 2 days, so I'm really thinking of buying a PS3.I'm mostly into sports games like MLB The Show, Madden, NBA 2K, and Tiger Woods, and shooters,so what I wanna know is how reliable are PS3's? And what are the best PS3 shooters?Cuz I'm pissed after what I went through with 360's.
NazzyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NazzyQ
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts

I heard that the failure rate for the PS3 is less than 1% while the 360's is about 30%, but take this with a grain of salt.

The PS3 is very reliable though, and there's only been a few minor problems with it.

sgallag_play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sgallag_play
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts
The failure rate of the PS3 is 0.65% the failure rate of the 360 is 33.4%
punisher2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 punisher2k8
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts
PS3 = Quality product
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
I would wait till August. That is when the good PS3 games will start rolling out.
supertank310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 supertank310
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts
For shooters I recommend Resistance, since it's ment to be the best PS3 game 2006 (plus, CoD3 isn't all that great, a bit repetitive really, and graphics aren't up to date on it). For racing, Motorstorm, any NFS game, and Formula 1 (can't remember the exact name, but it's an awesome game). For sports, NBA Street Homecourt is all I can think of, only sports game I ever really liked.
__MasterVAL__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 __MasterVAL__
Member since 2006 • 519 Posts

So I lost my first 360 after 6 months, then the replacement 360 just died after 2 days, so I'm really thinking of buying a PS3.I'm mostly into sports games like MLB The Show, Madden, NBA 2K, and Tiger Woods, and shooters,so what I wanna know is how reliable are PS3's? And what are the best PS3 shooters?Cuz I'm pissed after what I went through with 360's.jimmygrace

:shock:

You'll be back. The powers from the dark side are tempting but you will see the light once your travels take you nowhere!Mark my words -You'll be back. :twisted:

jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts

Buy it in august since thats when the games start comeing outand there will be a possible price cut of a $100

Don't worry failure rate = xbox 360=33.9%reliability=PS3=99%

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Hmm the ps3 is very reliable, with a 1% failure rate as oppose to 360's failure rate between 30-40%. Trust me, you probably have no problems whatsoever with the console dying or breaking down on you. It's very well made, and has a quiet and efficient fan.The best ps3 shooter right now is resistence, which is a great shooter but essentially we're a little lagging in the shooter department as of right now. However, in september we're expecting killzone 2 which looks great visually and is something a lot of ps3 owners a looking forward to, and of course haze, the ps3 is haze's "lead platform" and as of the moment, it is an exclusive/timed exclusive. As for sports games, we've got plenty. Hope you do get a ps3!
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
The PS3 is very reliable and it is also backward compatible with the PS1 and PS2 games as well. That way if you see a PS game that you have never played you can find the game used many times. The Socom games are a nice shooter series with a couple more in development for the PS3 as well. As for sports games there are a number out now and you can still find some used PS2 versions if you wanted. The reason you may want to try some of the older PS2 games is that the PS3 upscales the game very nicely along with DVD's.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"]So I lost my first 360 after 6 months, then the replacement 360 just died after 2 days, so I'm really thinking of buying a PS3.I'm mostly into sports games like MLB The Show, Madden, NBA 2K, and Tiger Woods, and shooters,so what I wanna know is how reliable are PS3's? And what are the best PS3 shooters?Cuz I'm pissed after what I went through with 360's.__MasterVAL__

:shock:

You'll be back. The powers from the dark side are tempting but you will see the light once your travels take you nowhere!Mark my words -You'll be back. :twisted:

Funny Troll. :lol:

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

So I lost my first 360 after 6 months, then the replacement 360 just died after 2 days, so I'm really thinking of buying a PS3.I'm mostly into sports games like MLB The Show, Madden, NBA 2K, and Tiger Woods, and shooters,so what I wanna know is how reliable are PS3's? And what are the best PS3 shooters?Cuz I'm pissed after what I went through with 360's.jimmygrace

When you treat your PS3 right, there's practicaly a zero chance it'll break down, the design(especially the heat ventilation is fantastic).

CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CRUNK3050
Member since 2006 • 2449 Posts
It's very reliable, I wouldn't worry at all about it dying. For shooters I would recomend Resistance andRBSV (if you haven't played it on 360). Also NGS is great. Resistance alone will last you until later this year when the exclusives start coming out.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
as a person who owns all three id say go for it man, the ps3 is soooo much queiter compared to the 360 and after a while youll probably wonder if its running at all lol, very reliable ive had mine for a few months and it hasnt given me any problems for games ill have to go with resistance and motorstorm, sports games you can buy pretty much any sports game that you would be able to for the 360 excluding of course games like forza so if i were you i would definately buy a ps3, you might wanna wait a few weeks just in case of that price drop though