Say it ain't so, PSP BC not full day 1!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/09/how-to-download-psp-titles-to-ps-vita/

275 PSP titles and 100 PSP Minis will be compatible day one, with more to be added.

Some notible ones missing include "Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker", "Patapon", "Rock Band Unplugged", "Littlebigplanet", "Killzone Liberation", and "Pac-Man championship edition"

Sad panda :,(

At least I'm getting 5 Vita games with my system. My old PSP titles can sit on the backburner for awhile.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

It does kind of suck that we're missing a bunch of games, but at the same time the list that we do have to choose from is pretty darned huge. I can live without the ones they didn't include.

Avatar image for TwighlightBlade
TwighlightBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TwighlightBlade
Member since 2012 • 872 Posts

I'm keeping my PSP, so... I don't need to buy my games again on the Vita.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Oh noes a few games are missing, call the police!! :lol:
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Hmm, I really wanted to get Parappa the Rappa and Gitaroo Man Lives!... at least Tekken 6 is on there.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

TwighlightBlade
Same here. I'll still use my PSP 2000 if there is ever a PSP game that I want to play. No way in hell am I re-buying all of my games again just to play them on a separate handheld.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

How about playing Vita games on the Vita.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

gamenerd15
LOL. What an innovative concept. ;)
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
No problem. My PSP is still in great shape and would be cheap to replace if something terrible happened to it. Also, moving my current downloaded games to Vita memory cards would be too expensive and not a good use of resources versus just keeping them on the PSP.
Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
I really don't plan on playing my psp games on the Vita, so it's all good.
lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

[QUOTE="TwighlightBlade"]

amari24

Same here. I'll still use my PSP 2000 if there is ever a PSP game that I want to play. No way in hell am I re-buying all of my games again just to play them on a separate handheld.

You two do realize that if you bought the game on the PlayStation Store it's a free re-download to your Vita? Just sayin' ;)

4-Legged-Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 4-Legged-Shark
Member since 2010 • 1031 Posts

It aint so, TC. Turns out you can play any psp game on the Vita that you transfer over from your ps3, its just that not all PSP games are available on the Vita store yet... but they probably will be at launch.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

GamejunkieUK

It just amazes me that people will complain about a next generation system not being able to play the old hardware. People are supposed to buy newer hardware to play games they cannot on older systems. Who buys the newest technology for the purpose of using technology that is cheaper or that he or she has already?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

gamenerd15

Nope...One system will do. They made an announce me over a year ago.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="amari24"][QUOTE="TwighlightBlade"]

lyndonAPI

You two do realize that if you bought the game on the PlayStation Store it's a free re-download to your Vita? Just sayin' ;)

Offtopic!!! dude your avatar is massive!! Word to Penfold Coolyfett loved that show.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

gamenerd15

It just amazes me that people will complain about a next generation system not being able to play the old hardware. People are supposed to buy newer hardware to play games they cannot on older systems. Who buys the newest technology for the purpose of using technology that is cheaper or that he or she has already?

To be fair, not everyone wants a bunch of gaming systems and hard copy video games sitting around their apartments/condos. Sony is giving those that want it the attractive option. Coolyfett would much rather have his full catalog in digital format, Plus its great to have options when other people are around and you want to share your handheld. If Coolyfett sees someone around him looking over his shoulder while gaming, he shuts down the game and lets the on looker have a look or play with the system. Coolyfett would much rather introduce non gamers to the PSP/Vita then to just hog it to himself.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"] LOL. What an innovative concept. ;)Coolyfett

To be fair, not everyone wants a bunch of gaming systems and hard copy video games sitting around their apartments/condos. Sony is giving those that want it the attractive option. Coolyfett would much rather have his full catalog in digital format, Plus its great to have options when other people are around and you want to share your handheld. If Coolyfett sees someone around him looking over his shoulder while gaming, he shuts down the game and lets the on looker have a look or play with the system. Coolyfett would much rather introduce non gamers to the PSP/Vita then to just hog it to himself.

Maybe so but I rather Sony spent their time and resources making the Vita side of things better and giving us a better Vita specific experience then on trying to get legacy system games working. If it wasn't bad enough people wanting them to give them PSP compatibility and 100% at that but also now PS1 games. I'm buying a Vita to play Vita specific games not PSP and PS One games.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Star Ocean First Departure

Star Ocean Second Encounter

^ Those three games are missing. :/

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#20 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

gamenerd15
Well, there are people who still want to play PSP games and they'd rather just play it on their Vita so they don't have to keep another system around. But regardless, I'm keeping my PSP around cuz I still have PSP games that need to be beaten. I don't buy digitally anyway.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#21 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. shaunchgo
As I just said in my reply, some people want to continue to play their old games without having to keep their old system around. Plus, BC is important for those people who don't find many launch games worth playing, because they'll still have a lot of other options to play until games they do want release.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I'm saddened that Phantasy Star and God Eater Burst are not included. I was hoping to play these 2 games with the 2nd analog sticks.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
That sucks.. I was really looking forward to playing the Patapons, at least i can still play Persona 1,2,3, 3rd Birthday, and Corpse Party..
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JohnF111
I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. shaunchgo
I know they act like they have just sold the old consoles yet somehow kept all the games with a mindset that they have the right and shall expect to have their old games working perfectly. An overinflated sense of entitlement. That's all it is.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zanoh

[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. JustPlainLucas
As I just said in my reply, some people want to continue to play their old games without having to keep their old system around. Plus, BC is important for those people who don't find many launch games worth playing, because they'll still have a lot of other options to play until games they do want release.

Just plain Lucas answered my complaint thoroughly. Also Crisis Core is not on the PSN. >:/

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zanoh

[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. JohnF111
I know they act like they have just sold the old consoles yet somehow kept all the games with a mindset that they have the right and shall expect to have their old games working perfectly. An overinflated sense of entitlement. That's all it is.

Hey buddy, a nice rebuttal for you. I can understand having to rebuy PSP games on PSN in order to play it on the new system. I don't think YOU understand that the PSVita's launch titles do not appeal to me, and that I'd like to play PSP games on the new handheld as well as the new games. Not trying to be a system war starter but when your COMPETITON gives that incentive, it's a thing to think about.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. JohnF111

lol this is crazy talk, BC should be standard. The gaming world is changing. BC is a huge thing. Very important feature. Its not like foodstamps.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

[QUOTE="amari24"][QUOTE="TwighlightBlade"]

lyndonAPI

And this is why I got a PSP Go :)
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
Im keeping my pap when I get my vita still new which is why I'm keeping it
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

all downloadable psp games are compatible with the VITA, its just not all of them can be directly downloaded to it. Valkyria chronicles 2 for instance, I had to download with my ps3 and transfer it to my VITA. it works fine

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#31 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

buying games digital is great, then your cheap friends that dont want to buy there own games cant annoy you to borrow yours :P

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JohnF111

[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. Coolyfett

lol this is crazy talk, BC should be standard. The gaming world is changing. BC is a huge thing. Very important feature. Its not like foodstamps.

"Should" is most commonly used to make recommendations or give advice.

In this case you're using it in a sentence that seems to entitle you to BC. All cars should have built-in satnav, it's unacceptable that they don't. See i can do it too.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JohnF111

[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'll never understand why people purchase new consoles/handhelds, only to complain about not being able to play "OLD" software on it. Zanoh

Hey buddy, a nice rebuttal for you. I can understand having to rebuy PSP games on PSN in order to play it on the new system. I don't think YOU understand that the PSVita's launch titles do not appeal to me, and that I'd like to play PSP games on the new handheld as well as the new games. Not trying to be a system war starter but when your COMPETITON gives that incentive, it's a thing to think about.

So you're complaining that you can't play your games now now NOW!!! Wow do you realize how that makes you look?
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
I've heard some games work despite not being on the list, if you transfer from a PS3. So that being said, does anyone know if Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles works that way on a Vita?
zacksbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 zacksbored
Member since 2005 • 204 Posts

im alittle dispointed i had a psp go and just upgraded too a vita and only one of the psp games i owned was compatable mega man mavrick hunter x

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

all downloadable psp games are compatible with the VITA, its just not all of them can be directly downloaded to it. Valkyria chronicles 2 for instance, I had to download with my ps3 and transfer it to my VITA. it works fine

Jehuty08

reposting because I dont think anyone saw this. That list is for games that can be downloaded directly to the vita. all downloaded psp games are compatible.

Vaev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vaev
Member since 2003 • 10629 Posts
Just installed Metal Gear Peace Walker in my 3G/WiFi PSV. Runs like a charm, the 2nd analog stick makes the camera and shooting a bit more natural. You must copy the game from your PS3 console to your PSV in order to run it.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

[QUOTE="Jehuty08"]

Jehuty08

reposting because I dont think anyone saw this. That list is for games that can be downloaded directly to the vita. all downloaded psp games are compatible.

Relevant to my interests.