RESISTANCE campaign was wayyy too short. anyone else agree?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Phoenix963
Member since 2006 • 1006 Posts
I finished it first time on medium then on hard, but does anyone feel as if the campaign is a bit rushed? i finished it on hard mode and took my time but seriously the story feels too rushed; its just get in there blow it up. u dont even have to get out it just starts a cut scene outside right at the end of the climax, when its hardly finished - but sometimes thats a good thing i guess...idunno it just felt too fast. thats what i think though, and the end...well it couldve been done alot cooler then it was; very cool but sort of bleek. Anyone else have thoughts on the ending or its legnth?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It was short, but the great multiplayer makes up for the single players shortcomings.

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

Well, it was short in respect of the fact that my most recent Playstation game prior to it was FFXII, but long in the respect that I had beaten Gears of War two weeks earlier at a colleagues house.

However, despite the length, I do replay certain levels often, and strive to get all of the skill points.

Plus, I've got multiplayer which is addicting.

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix963
have u finished it, does that ending make u want to buy a resistance2? i would buy it but not if it comes out along with ffxiii or mgs bytheway to Bioshockownz. you know theres a A7X clan on resistance?... my psID is synsytergates :P but i still didnt join it. pretty cool tho
Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix963

Well, it was short in respect of the fact that my most recent Playstation game prior to it was FFXII, but long in the respect that I had beaten Gears of War two weeks earlier at a colleagues house.

However, despite the length, I do replay certain levels often, and strive to get all of the skill points.

Plus, I've got multiplayer which is addicting.

Xanog1
i was under the same situation minus GeOW. after playign ffxii the best part in resistance was how u DONT have to go deep into an area, beat monsters and then reach a dumb dead end and then have to run allll the way back to the start. that was the case with ffxii alot of the time, so i was releaved that they cut that out from the game in RFOM
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]have u finished it, does that ending make u want to buy a resistance2? i would buy it but not if it comes out along with ffxiii or mgs bytheway to Bioshockownz. you know theres a A7X clan on resistance?... my psID is synsytergates :P but i still didnt join it. pretty cool tho

I thought the end was before the credits, and I was disappointed. Then I watched through the credits and the video after that got me hyped for a sequel. Plus Insomniac said it will be in space in the future on a 1UP Yours Podcast. :) Haha, that is crazy!
babenjorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 babenjorge
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
When i went through it the first time i thought it took forever....then the second time on hard was like a couple hrs....I agree it was quick......I am doing it on superhuman and it is going by quick.........Also the story line is not much of a story line....there is no background on the charecters...its just kind of a hour by hour news update......I loved the game and cant wait for part two but it story su&*ed...
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I enjoyed Resitance the way it was, not too long, not too short.
Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix963
When i went through it the first time i thought it took forever....then the second time on hard was like a couple hrs....I agree it was quick......I am doing it on superhuman and it is going by quick.........Also the story line is not much of a story line....there is no background on the charecters...its just kind of a hour by hour news update......I loved the game and cant wait for part two but it story su&*ed...
babenjorge
yeah i agree with the part about no character background. Hale literally talks ONLY twice and i heard him only once... i dont know what the fascination with quiet mysterious protagonists is... but it doesnt catch my interest
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BioShockOwnz
I enjoyed Resitance the way it was, not too long, not too short.emitsu97
I do agree. It seemed a bit short for me, but it wasn't shorter then any other shooters. It did feel like it was the perfect length, and never felt like it was dragging on.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xanog1

[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]have u finished it, does that ending make u want to buy a resistance2? i would buy it but not if it comes out along with ffxiii or mgs bytheway to Bioshockownz. you know theres a A7X clan on resistance?... my psID is synsytergates :P but i still didnt join it. pretty cool thoBioShockOwnz
I thought the end was before the credits, and I was disappointed. Then I watched through the credits and the video after that got me hyped for a sequel. Plus Insomniac said it will be in space in the future on a 1UP Yours Podcast. :) Haha, that is crazy!

:|

Are you serious?

I don't want Resistance to go into the distant future and be in outer space.

I'd rather it take place in the same time period (which was a great choice, especially for a sci-fi plot) just in a different location on Earth, maybe Russia.

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phoenix963

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Phoenix963"]have u finished it, does that ending make u want to buy a resistance2? i would buy it but not if it comes out along with ffxiii or mgs bytheway to Bioshockownz. you know theres a A7X clan on resistance?... my psID is synsytergates :P but i still didnt join it. pretty cool thoXanog1

Are you serious?

I'd rather it take place in the same time period (which was a great choice, especially for a sci-fi plot) just in a different location on Earth, maybe Russia.

agreed because in the end of the game the narrator, the chick says something liek "we were succesful. the chimera were finally wiped out, in all of england atleast"...so yeah... but i really wanted the end to be cooler..*SPOILER* those men who took him away, should have been ... like.. chimera.. or something.. i dunno it was too bleek though.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Phoenix963"]have u finished it, does that ending make u want to buy a resistance2? i would buy it but not if it comes out along with ffxiii or mgs bytheway to Bioshockownz. you know theres a A7X clan on resistance?... my psID is synsytergates :P but i still didnt join it. pretty cool thoXanog1

Are you serious?

Ted Price was on a 1UP Yours Podcast, and said this. I actually want it to be in space, because I love the way the Chimera look, and I like every weapon in the game. The only thing that made me feel out of place is the WWII settings. I am a little tired of the war torn battlefields look. I think it will be good to have this game go to space. Then we may finally have "that" killer app. :)
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xanog1

agreed because in the end of the game the narrator, the chick says something liek "we were succesful. the chimera were finally wiped out, in all of england atleast"...so yeah... but i really wanted the end to be cooler..*SPOILER* those men who took him away, should have been ... like.. chimera.. or something.. i dunno it was too bleek though.Phoenix963

Yeah, but Hale being taken away by Chimera would have essentially been just a repeat of what happens after the Bus Terminal.

The Black Ops have a lot to do with the game, and there is so much intel about them, that they set it up for them to appear.

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix963
yeah space setting is fine as long as they dont completely push it to stupidly unrealistic. and every weapon is great except.. that stupid.. bubble shooting gun... it so crappy
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]agreed because in the end of the game the narrator, the chick says something liek "we were succesful. the chimera were finally wiped out, in all of england atleast"...so yeah... but i really wanted the end to be cooler..*SPOILER* those men who took him away, should have been ... like.. chimera.. or something.. i dunno it was too bleek though.Xanog1

Yeah, but Hale being taken away by Chimera would have essentially been just a repeat of what happens after the Bus Terminal.

The Black Ops have a lot to do with the game, and there is so much intel about them, that they set it up for them to appear.

I am not even a fan of stealth games, but every single time I see your sig....I want MGS4!
Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phoenix963

[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]agreed because in the end of the game the narrator, the chick says something liek "we were succesful. the chimera were finally wiped out, in all of england atleast"...so yeah... but i really wanted the end to be cooler..*SPOILER* those men who took him away, should have been ... like.. chimera.. or something.. i dunno it was too bleek though.Xanog1

yeah... hmm.. maybe im jsut asking for too much. in the end it is the most interesting ww2 style game ive played through the others get boring, it never dragged on and it was very good, obviously some parts need tuning like the character backgrounds i guess... and maybe Hale shouldve pulled out a freakin lightsaber at the end of the game and beheaded those blackops fools!...j/k:)
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xanog1
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]agreed because in the end of the game the narrator, the chick says something liek "we were succesful. the chimera were finally wiped out, in all of england atleast"...so yeah... but i really wanted the end to be cooler..*SPOILER* those men who took him away, should have been ... like.. chimera.. or something.. i dunno it was too bleek though.BioShockOwnz

I am not even a fan of stealth games, but every single time I see your sig....I want MGS4!

lol, yeah, MGS4 has the effect on people.

I think it is the simplicity of my sig that helps, as it distinguishes itself from the generic blue/black-faded image of various characters signature, and the standard "Future (insert console name here) Owner" tags.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]agreed because in the end of the game the narrator, the chick says something liek "we were succesful. the chimera were finally wiped out, in all of england atleast"...so yeah... but i really wanted the end to be cooler..*SPOILER* those men who took him away, should have been ... like.. chimera.. or something.. i dunno it was too bleek though.Phoenix963

yeah... hmm.. maybe im jsut asking for too much. in the end it is the most interesting ww2 style game ive played through the others get boring, it never dragged on and it was very good, obviously some parts need tuning like the character backgrounds i guess... and maybe Hale shouldve pulled out a freakin lightsaber at the end of the game and beheaded those blackops fools!...j/k:)

Oh man that would have been sweet. George Lucas would have had a heart attack. They do need to flesh out the characters a bit more though. Like who they are, where they come from, why all of this is happening, what started it all, and so on. Maybe a sequel will flesh this out since they may have been hardpressed to release this for launch. It's a damn fine launch title though.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]

lol, yeah, MGS4 has the effect on people.

I think it is the simplicity of my sig that helps, as it distinguishes itself from the generic blue/black-faded image of various characters signature, and the standard "Future (insert console name here) Owner" tags.

Yeah, and I want to be in Snakes shoes and slice that suckers neck from behind. :)
RoYaL1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RoYaL1990
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
I don't think it was too short. It seemed just right to me the first time, but as you replay it you know what to do and thats when it seems short.
Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phoenix963
Yeah i love movies that are sequals but map out the origins of the characters and the story and act as a prequel at the same time, so a game liek that would be better. and yeah its a damn fine luanch title way better then the 360 launch titles. its kind of sad though cuz all my friends like FPS games and theyre getting medal of honour air born and such games while im jsut getting motorstorm. RFOM was the only game that i got to play with them online. so in a way.. since rfom was the only good game it brought the whole PSworld together :P...well online atleast
RoYaL1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoYaL1990
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
i agree
lil50cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 lil50cent
Member since 2003 • 2741 Posts
wasent short to me i made that game last..haha
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Have you played superhuman difficulty yet? Unlocked all the secret weapons? Unlocked all the skill points? If you answered no to any of the above, you still have a long way to go....
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Ya gotta be kidding me, Resistance was suprisingly long...for a shooter. Resistance's campaign probably has to be the longest FPS I've ever played, especially when you put Halo 1 and 2 into the question. Dunno about Half Life 2 or F.E.A.R, because I haven't played them before, but Resistance's campaign has to be the longest FPS game I've played, and that's saying a lot. Maybe you were expecting something longer...?

If this is your first time playing a FPS, then you should know Resistance's campaign is relatively long. Now, an RPG is long, having 30+ hours. Yeah, don't expect super long campaigns from FPS's...your not gonna get it.

Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
It took me a good long time.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#28 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
i thought it was long and boring IMO. 85% on my gameplay of that game was online play which was perfect.
I finished it first time on medium then on hard, but does anyone feel as if the campaign is a bit rushed? i finished it on hard mode and took my time but seriously the story feels too rushed; its just get in there blow it up. u dont even have to get out it just starts a cut scene outside right at the end of the climax, when its hardly finished - but sometimes thats a good thing i guess...idunno it just felt too fast. thats what i think though, and the end...well it couldve been done alot cooler then it was; very cool but sort of bleek. Anyone else have thoughts on the ending or its legnth?Phoenix963
Eidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eidog
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts
Hope you're kidding, Resistance's campaign is by far not "way too short".
yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts
i liked the length of the game, it was a great way to start a new franchise and i want to play the sequel if they make it. i don't believe people who claim they beat it on hard in two hours though, that's BS.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I finished it first time on medium then on hard, but does anyone feel as if the campaign is a bit rushed? i finished it on hard mode and took my time but seriously the story feels too rushed; its just get in there blow it up. u dont even have to get out it just starts a cut scene outside right at the end of the climax, when its hardly finished - but sometimes thats a good thing i guess...idunno it just felt too fast. thats what i think though, and the end...well it couldve been done alot cooler then it was; very cool but sort of bleek. Anyone else have thoughts on the ending or its legnth?Phoenix963
no, most shooters single player are 10-15hrs long, the fact that gamers still haven't notice this is silly.
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
i think it was pretty long to FPS standards.
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
I found it to be just right. The multiplayer mkes up for any shortness anyway. You want to play something short?...Try Gears of War, I dont give a crap what anyone says, that game was the most Overrated, short, optionless game i eveer wasted my money on. Resistance is one of the best shooters ever:D
Zetabyte91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zetabyte91
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
i' have to disagree compared to games like halo2, gears of war and some other fps's resistance is pretty long plus there are achievements that u can unlock greatly adds to the games length.
EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
It is longer than most games I have played recently.  I haven't beat it yet, I haven't had the time.  I am at around 10hrs right now.  It only took me 6 to beat Gears of War.  Thats including time to make some Ramen Noodles.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="Phoenix963"]I finished it first time on medium then on hard, but does anyone feel as if the campaign is a bit rushed? i finished it on hard mode and took my time but seriously the story feels too rushed; its just get in there blow it up. u dont even have to get out it just starts a cut scene outside right at the end of the climax, when its hardly finished - but sometimes thats a good thing i guess...idunno it just felt too fast. thats what i think though, and the end...well it couldve been done alot cooler then it was; very cool but sort of bleek. Anyone else have thoughts on the ending or its legnth?Zetabyte91
i' have to disagree compared to games like halo2, gears of war and some other fps's resistance is pretty long plus there are achievements that u can unlock greatly adds to the games length.

I have to disagree there. It took me just as long to beat Resistance as it did to beat Gears of War and Halo 2. Around 7-8 hours.
bored88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bored88
Member since 2004 • 4978 Posts
Anyone complaining its too short must not play many shooters. Resistance was pretty long compared to most FPS campaigns.