Resistance 2 0r Killzone 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aang007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Aang007
Member since 2006 • 1961 Posts

Ok. First off I read the game reccomendation thread, and I didnt see this as violating board rules etc.

So. Im looking at these 2 games, and wondering which one I should purchase. On one hand I look at Resistance 2. It looks fun, fast paced, and the multiplayer maps look well designed, and colorful.

On the other hand. I have Killzone 2. Great graphics, dark maps, lots of gray tones, and not a large variety weapon wise. Also I think the multiplayer maps look very depressing, and poorly designed, but the game looks to have pretty good gameplay.

Im curious which one I should go for. I like having tons of replayability, and also enjoy twitch shooters, aswell as slow paced shooters.

Some of the FPS games I love include:

CoD 4 (love this game)

Rainbow Six Vegas (Looking back on the fun I had with rainbow six vegas 1, I really loved that game.)

Halo 3 (Without a doubt one of the best games to play online, and with friends. I loved playing split screen competitive.)

Battlefield (From battlefield bad company to battlefield 1943. I love battlefield too.)

Out of the information I provided, which game would you reccomend for me? Also do you personally prefer resistance 2 or killzone 2?

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Thats a tough decision. Personally, Ive never played Resistance 2, but I have played Killzone, and its amazing. If you are a fan of COD and Battlefield, then it will be hard to switch between controls on Killzone 2 and COD.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I personally haven't played R2 so I couldn't comment but as for Killzone2 I had an enjoyable SP experience and the MP and DLC got my full attention... And the graphics are phenomanal.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Having played both I enjoyed Resistance 2 more.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

Thats a tough decision. Personally, Ive never played Resistance 2, but I have played Killzone, and its amazing. If you are a fan of COD and Battlefield, then it will be hard to switch between controls on Killzone 2 and COD.

jdiamnz69
You can always change your control setting on KZ2 to Alt 2 (CoD4/5 layout) and turn on precision mode. I like KZ2 alot more than R2. I haven't played the actual R2 game but judging by the R2 beta. It made me not want to buy the game.
Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
I have played both : Killzone 2 all the way
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
between those 2 games go with KZ2... but i really didn't like R2 to begin with, and i don't like whats become of KZ2's MP...
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I have played both : Killzone 2 all the wayMeemtyke
I agree with this. Resistance 2 seemed too staged. I don't know how to put it exactly, while it was fun it just came off as canned. Killzone2 is a better game. If you like online games you might look to pick up Warhawk as well. It's an older game and the graphics aren't anything special, but it's just a really fun online game.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
I haven't played kz2 but i have played r2, and it kinda gets boring after a while. I want to get kz2 so bad now.
SmokinDankNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SmokinDankNugz
Member since 2009 • 242 Posts
Personally I thought both resistance games were lame sauce. Killzone FTWoot!
Aang007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aang007
[QUOTE="Meemtyke"]I have played both : Killzone 2 all the wayEmperorSupreme
I agree with this. Resistance 2 seemed too staged. I don't know how to put it exactly, while it was fun it just came off as canned. Killzone2 is a better game. If you like online games you might look to pick up Warhawk as well. It's an older game and the graphics aren't anything special, but it's just a really fun online game.

Yup ive played warhawk. Me and my 360 fanboy friend love it so much. You say staged, but I dont care about singleplayer. Multiplayer is where its at. Also state the reason why ones better than the other please.
Aang007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aang007
Bump
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
i have both, they are both lots of fun, but i would have to say go with Killzone 2
battleboi333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 battleboi333
Member since 2006 • 1042 Posts

Neither, it is your choice. lol

T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

I'd go for Killzone 2. The graphics are amazing and the game play is a lot better than R2. It seems like you're floating in R2 when playing.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Well i don't play either anymore but i enjoyed R2 single player campaign a lot more than the KZ2 campaign. I did however play KZ2 MP longer than R2(i only played about 4 matches in R2). Though i quit playing KZ2 cause all my friends didn't want to play KZ2 cause of the controls.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I found Resistance 2 as a better game overall for both single and multiplayer
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
BumpAang007
why bump ur thread after all these posters posted u infos about the games lol and i played both games, both are incredible(even though i liked resistance 1 more than 2 in some ways) but both offer good replay values. but if u want more hardcore FPS and abit more deeper online, then killzone2 is ur game.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
I have both and I can honestly say Resistance 2. Killzone 2 isn't anything new. It looks great, plays alright and has a nice singeplayer to top it off. Multiplayer is frustrating at times but that's why they have clans. Also, take note that Killzone 2 allows In-game Music to be played. Resistance 2, while I was playing it, was great frantic fun. The weapons are nice and varied. Singleplayer had much better atmosphere and boss fights compared to Killzone 2 and multiplayer was utter chaos. Oh though choosing weapons is a bad ideal in my opinion and you'll be killed in seconds by people who use the Pulse Canon and LAARK (which I do use myself. Hey! I earned it!). Resistance 2 also has Splitscreen, online and offline plus co-op. My time with Killzone 2 was a little dark and I hardly give it a chance as it sits on my shelf but I did enjoy it before and it was fun. However, Resistance 2 felt like it lasted longer in terms of fun.
Berserkerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 Berserkerz
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

Shoot, when you said you liked COD4, that just proved KZ2,
but you said you liked Halo, so that changed it to Resistance 2.

Go Resistance. Trust me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts

Ok. First off I read the game reccomendation thread, and I didnt see this as violating board rules etc.

So. Im looking at these 2 games, and wondering which one I should purchase. On one hand I look at Resistance 2. It looks fun, fast paced, and the multiplayer maps look well designed, and colorful.

On the other hand. I have Killzone 2. Great graphics, dark maps, lots of gray tones, and not a large variety weapon wise. Also I think the multiplayer maps look very depressing, and poorly designed, but the game looks to have pretty good gameplay.

Im curious which one I should go for. I like having tons of replayability, and also enjoy twitch shooters, aswell as slow paced shooters.

Some of the FPS games I love include:

CoD 4 (love this game)

Rainbow Six Vegas (Looking back on the fun I had with rainbow six vegas 1, I really loved that game.)

Halo 3 (Without a doubt one of the best games to play online, and with friends. I loved playing split screen competitive.)

Battlefield (From battlefield bad company to battlefield 1943. I love battlefield too.)

Out of the information I provided, which game would you reccomend for me? Also do you personally prefer resistance 2 or killzone 2?

Aang007
i was emmidiatly gonna say killzone 2 but considering the games u listed i thikn u would prefer resistance 2
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Killzone 2 reminds me of COD4 while Resistance 2 reminds me of Halo 3.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#24 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I think Killzone 2

Resistance 2 was good, but its visuals were inconsistent in various levels

SmokinDankNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 SmokinDankNugz
Member since 2009 • 242 Posts

Killzone 2 reminds me of COD4 while Resistance 2 reminds me of Halo 3.

istreakforfood
... Killzone reminds you of COD? There like... polar opposites of FPS MP games in my opinion.
Blinkensnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blinkensnout
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
i would go for Kilzone 2 if i were you...i havent played resistance 2 however i couldnt get into FOM properly just IMO like :D Killzone 2 is pretty good though!
groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#27 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts
Get Killzone 2. They are both really good though, but Killzone 2 sounds more like your kind of game.
Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
Resistance 2.
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

From what you said and props for liking R6V as that is one my most fun games especially slit-screen with my g/f. Well resistance 2 is a better game with better controls and weapon selections. I couldn't stand the horrible aiming controls in KZ2 and from what I read if you like COD4 you probably won't like KZ2's controls. R2 also has splitscreen which is only good online. Offline is kind of broke. KZ2 has no splitscreen at all. I have heared that KZ2 has great Mulitplayer and that their is a fix for the controls for the online portion but I can't comment since I haven't played it. I will say that R2 online co-op is a lot of fun. I just hark back to KZ2's horrible controls. Go with R2(I like this better than RFOM except for offline co-op)which to me is better than KZ2.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i have both games but dont play killzone because of resistance 2 , both are good but my free time is limited by work so when i choose what to play i prefer resistance 2 cause its so much fun

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

TC I disagree w/ your comments on game design for both. KZ2 has much better designed maps and more interesting multiplayer. R2 has better story, more variety, and awesome coop but KZ2 has better graphics, better feel, and better enemy AI. Both are excellent games but if I had to pick I'd chose KZ2. I think that ps3 owners that like FPS should own both games

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

killzone 2

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

If you want a more arcade like game go with R2.

If you want a more tactical game go with K2.

On a side note Killzone 2 has some of the best made multi player maps of all time. All of them seem to implement verticalty(designed to be played on multiple floors) in them that most shooters lack.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#34 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Neither
Box_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Box_Fresh
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts
Killzone 2! I sometimes have my issues with MP but it's definitely addictive. I sold my copy of Resistance 2 because it was just tedious and boring to play. Co-op at first is fun but quickly becomes just another gimmick. I need to go buy a copy of R6V, haven't played that since I sold my 360... the Co-op mp on that was hella fun busting into places and taking out all the enemies with a mate, doesn't get better imo.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please use the Game Recommendation Thread for all questions as to what game you should get next.