Resistance 1 Is Horrible

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2p5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 2p5p
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts
I played the demo a while back and quit because it was horrible. Anyone agree this game sucks? I understand this game was made while the PS3 was still in its infancy but seriously, how can anyone defend this game? Ok its not horrible but its not a PS3 seller either. Not even close. Brings me back to the year 2000.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
You played the demo a while back and are just now forming opinions on it? I felt it was the best game in the series, but that's just me.
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

i thought it was great for a launch title. and at the time i didnt care for ps3 that much i was a hardcore 360 user.it had 40 players online with zero lag and the campaighn was pretty good i thought.the only reason i left the multiplayer was every server was 1hit kill&200% damage. so now it was just spray&pray nade fest get hit in the toe and bang youre dead.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

i played the demo and it was fun. planning to buy the game, it's only €10 anyway

2p5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 2p5p
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts
I played the demo a while back but I just redownloaded it today and I feel the same way. It bothered me and it bothers me now how so many people say this game is great. I havent played Resistance 2 but from what I see it looks good. A GS 9.0 better be good. RFOM definitely should have been a 7 - 7.5 but again this just my impressions from the demo.
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

Ohh yes, I also played Goldeneye 64 last week, horrible game, I wonder why everyone calls it the BEST FPS. Right? Anyone with me?

Seriously dude, at that time, this was a great game. No MW existed. 40 player lagless online, a long campaign, something lost now, and the best game for the PS3 until what? Uncharted? So yes, the like for this game is not unjustified.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
[QUOTE="2p5p"]I played the demo a while back and quit because it was horrible. Anyone agree this game sucks? I understand this game was made while the PS3 was still in its infancy but seriously, how can anyone defend this game? Ok its not horrible but its not a PS3 seller either. Not even close. Brings me back to the year 2000.

It isnt the best for it isnt also the worst out there, you want to try one pretty bad and that is Haze. Resistance was a great launch title and it is good fps by its own; also a little difficult sometimes.
PolarBear_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PolarBear_88
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
Resistance: Fall of Man is a great game. The single player was great and I had so much fun playing co-op with my brothers and friends. So many countless hours spent on co-op. Multiplayer was a lot of fun with virtually no lag at all. You can't say that about any other game today.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Wow. A game that appeals to others but not to you. First time that's happened, I'm sure. It's called an opinion.Typically though, people wait until they've played the full game to have such a strong opinion.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I thought the game was really good. Not sure how you can call the game horrible, though, since all you've played is the DEMO. :|
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I also didnt like the resistance series...but it doesnt mean its bad.
ChidoriBoyU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChidoriBoyU
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts
[QUOTE="2p5p"]I played the demo a while back and quit because it was horrible. Anyone agree this game sucks? I understand this game was made while the PS3 was still in its infancy but seriously, how can anyone defend this game? Ok its not horrible but its not a PS3 seller either. Not even close. Brings me back to the year 2000.

when i bought my PS3 i bought resistance 1 for cheap it's very good at the beginning but it really gets lame towards the end the story sucks the gameplay is good but it needed some more tuning,the new weapons were cool but really you won't be using them so often your 2 main weapons are the lamest weapons i've ever seen lol,so all and all i'm no way buying R2 or R3 (if it even comes out)
adogg3341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adogg3341
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

For me the great thing about resistance was the coop, it was sooo much fun. thanks god resistance 2 delivered an awsome coop mode as well.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
lol your review is 3 years late. at the time, it compared to gears of war. it was the 2nd ps3 game i bought and i have fond memories of it but that doesnt mean im going to play it ever again. games are like newspapers, theyre only relevant for so long
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Actually, its one of my favorite FPSs this gen. I don't know why, but I got a serious HL2 vibe from it. Loved it the whole way through. The final battle is ridiculously hard though.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

I agree with you. I know it is a launch title but the graphics are a joke and I felt it had some pretty bad production values all around. It was painful for me to finish that game. Resistance is one of those games that is highly regarded by a lot of people but I did not like at all.

claytonjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 claytonjoseph
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

Never played the demo so can't comment on it (may be slightly different than playing actual game). Played, finished & enjoyed Resistance 1. But I have to admit I didn't like it at first & it took awhile to get into it (stopped playing 3 different times before finally getting hooked). My initial impression was too few enemies, too many shots to take down a single enemy & the action pacing seemed mediocre/inconsistent.I didn't truly enjoy it until about 30-45 min into playing, then it had me. I think the beginning of the game is weak & isn't a good representation of the game as a whole, it gets much better if you keep playing.My opinion of the game's strong points: story is good (well paced, interesting, detailed), action (fun shoot from cover sections, fun run & gunsections & even fun driving sections),& variety of action locales (in buildings, in streets, in caves,in alien structures, etc.). I haven't played every FPS series, but I have played some I consider good ones (Medal of Honor, Halflife, Timesplitters, etc.). I have also played some FPS series I don't enjoy (Call of Duty & Rainbow Six). I respect your opinion of the demo (even though you don't support it with any significant or specific reasoning), but as someone who truly enjoyed the game (after the lame beginning) I would urge you to give it another chance & maybe a little longer play time. And I have seen used copies of Resistance 1 in my area for $7.99, which is a steal for this caliber/length of gaming enjoyment.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I love R:FOM. Lag free online with 40 player matches, great textures considering the amount of physics and on screen action, great weapons, good AI. I traded my copy of Gears to get a 2nd SIXAXIS so my brother and I could play campaign co-op.
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#20 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
Something wrong with you people. Game is great. You dont knock old NES games for having bad graphics. This game is nearly 3 years old. It is an aawesome game.
BadLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BadLegend
Member since 2009 • 318 Posts
OK The were some issues but it was a launch game and in my opinion it was a good game :D
StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

Something wrong with you people. Game is great. You dont knock old NES games for having bad graphics. This game is nearly 3 years old. It is an aawesome game.budboarder

It is not an NES game it is a PS3 game. I don't have any problems with HL2's graphics and that game is even older. The environments were dull and colorless and there was very little detail in the textures.

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

Are you Tomrock ?

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this game is definitely only that I enjoyed 2 years ago when I first got my PS3. When you have someone to play with this game is so much better, and generally it is still a ton of fun. Unfortunately with the amount of good games that came out this year its sometimes hard to justify how good a game was. But lets be real here, I think someone mentioned Golden Eye, and they are shooters that "technically" better but hell I don't think I have as Modern Warfare 2 than I did on Golden Eye. It might be old but its still a great game in its own right... The argument your making is for any game, usually after a long year period it just becomes lost in the mix. Also never judge a game by its demo. I've done it a few times and its sometimes hard not to, but Uncharted to me is just not the same in the demo as the actual game is. but again its all opinions
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I played the demo a while back and quit because it was horrible. Anyone agree this game sucks? I understand this game was made while the PS3 was still in its infancy but seriously, how can anyone defend this game? Ok its not horrible but its not a PS3 seller either. Not even close. Brings me back to the year 2000.2p5p
I'm glad you created a new user name just to create pointless threads bashing great games. Go find something useful to do with your life.
Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

The series isn't really that appealing to me. I played the first, my first impression was meh... Wasn't too impress. Didn't even bother for the sequel.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

I loved it. In fact, I played over 1000 online matches and it was the first game I had ever played online at all. It was an excellent launch title and one of the few good FPS games on the PS3 for a while.

Resistance 2 is better for everything except the lack of depth in the plotline that was told through cutscenes. (If you take the time to collect and read all of the intel documents, you'll find that the story actually is deep)

xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

i thought it was great for alaunch title. and at the time i didnt care for ps3 that much i was a hardcore 360 user.it had 40 players online with zero lag and the campaighn was pretty good i thought.the only reason i left the multiplayer was every server was 1hit kill&200% damage. so now it was just spray&pray nade fest get hit in the toe and bang youre dead.

atc-fanatic

This is exactly how I felt towards the multiplayer. As a lot of people, I hope Resistance 3 combines the best of both 1 and 2 - I liked the controls much better for 2, but I liked the campaign co-op in 1. I personally liked the 2 weapon limit in Resistance 2, but a lot of people didn't. Neither have that great of graphics, but they do the trick.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

RFOM is a really good game that had a long well paced campaign with actual fun vehicle sections which aren't always common in FPS. The co-op was great and I loved playing it with my g/f on the same tv. The only things I didn't like were that it didn't feel like it was epic with cool boss battles and the graphics were really grey. I feel R2 improved upon these and gave some great boss battles, better grahphicbut then took away co-op campaign which was a dissapointment. Either way both games are fun though maybe not the best FPS's out there but no way are they horrible. Don't judge a game by a demo.

taouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 taouin
Member since 2004 • 91 Posts

in the demo the controls were bad, i don't know if you can remap them in the full game

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

this is the second game I bought for my ps3. It has good mutiplayer, the campaign is tougher than MW. Its an okay game when it first came out.

Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#32 Tomrock101
Member since 2008 • 858 Posts

I thought Fuel sucks but it doesn't.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

I played the demo a while back and quit because it was horrible. Anyone agree this game sucks? I understand this game was made while the PS3 was still in its infancy but seriously, how can anyone defend this game? Ok its not horrible but its not a PS3 seller either. Not even close. Brings me back to the year 2000.2p5p

You didn't even play the demo, you quit the demo. I defend this game because I can say i played it and thought it was great

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

R1 and genji were the reasons i bought my ps3 on launch day.....yeah well Genji sucked a$$ from a straw but i loved R1. sure its all been done before...but insomniac did it so well so i wasnt complaining.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

Ohh yes, I also played Goldeneye 64 last week, horrible game, I wonder why everyone calls it the BEST FPS. Right? Anyone with me?

Seriously dude, at that time, this was a great game. No MW existed. 40 player lagless online, a long campaign, something lost now, and the best game for the PS3 until what? Uncharted? So yes, the like for this game is not unjustified.

DragoonKain1687
im with dragoon the game was awesome back then but our standards have gotten so high that we think these old games are horrible.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

when i played it way back then, i didnt think it was all that bad. But it definitely wasnt anything special. Just a solid game

yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

Why are you giving your opinion based off a demo.. play the game fully and then give your opinion... no one wants to hear you complain about a demo and say the game sucks if you haven't actually played it..

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i bought the game but i didn't like it so i traded it in for something else.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts

I kind of agree. I didnt like the demo at all, and I tried to play through the full game I borrowed from a friend. I just lost interest after a few missions.

soyt_llusala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 soyt_llusala
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

It was the best game during the launch of PS3. We don't appreciate this game now as we are seeing games with amazing graphics.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Full game>Demo, the campaign is solid and the multiplayer is great.

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
Wow!? Your so 2006 behind.
Gau0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gau0123
Member since 2009 • 1010 Posts
Well you only played the demo, so you shouldn't say much until you get the game. Oh yea your kind of late Resistance 2 is out and a 3 is on its way!
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
the game was like the first co-op game, probably the only good fps at the time and the graphics were pretty decent because of the new hardware secondly that was the demo u played(i myself didn't play the demo but the full game) not the full version no demo represents the full version of a game
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
Maybe I'm not a big enough graphics freak, but the game looked amazing to me. Then again, who gives a flying care about graphics as its certainly not why I bought either R1 or my PS3. I also loved the game, and still do. Story was decent if not mindblowing, and the gameplay was fantastic.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Maybe horrible for you. but honestly, i kinda liked R:FoM... the graphics weren't that outstanding like other FPS games available now, but the gameplay is quite okay... maybe i wasn't expecting much, that's why i enjoyed it... it was really the boxart that caught my attention and it was on sale, so i got it and it was okay... i even think taht aside from the graphics, it was better than R2... 8)

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
I played the demo a while back but I just redownloaded it today and I feel the same way. It bothered me and it bothers me now how so many people say this game is great. I havent played Resistance 2 but from what I see it looks good. A GS 9.0 better be good. RFOM definitely should have been a 7 - 7.5 but again this just my impressions from the demo.2p5p
The demo was worse than the actual game, but not by much. I myself actually really enjoyed Resistance 1, especially the online component.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

That's odd. Its one of my favorite FPS games lol.

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

Resistance: FoM was great. I bought a few years after its release and still enjoyed it, even more then Resistance 2.

yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

Are you Tomrock ?

MrGanny

HAHAH LMAO