Remote play - PS3 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Ok, so! First, explain to me how does it work? Can i play PS3 games throught the network?

Yes, i know its not been dun yet, by sony. They will release a patch or something..

But when that is out. Can i play all PS3 games on VITA, then? And do i need to have the PS3 turned on when im playing the games?

darkwolf1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 darkwolf1982
Member since 2005 • 189 Posts
Not yet enabled, but PS1 games are the only ones you can currently use for that.. When that feature is fully operational, you're going to have less of a reason to go on a Vita game spending spree as you have a stack of PS3 titles to play. I'm hanging out for Sony to fully activate that one too!
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Not yet enabled, but PS1 games are the only ones you can currently use for that.. When that feature is fully operational, you're going to have less of a reason to go on a Vita game spending spree as you have a stack of PS3 titles to play. I'm hanging out for Sony to fully activate that one too!darkwolf1982
But once its done, will i be able to stream LBP2 from my PS3?

darkwolf1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 darkwolf1982
Member since 2005 • 189 Posts
I asked the techs from PlayStation Australia about that and they're working on it... Fingers crossed we get full PS3 game support when everything is finally fully operational. I am eagerly awaiting for the day when I can play Saints Row and Skyrim on my Vita!
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
I'm dissapointed the remote play with PS3 games wasn't available day one, that was a deal breaker for me. Thats the reason why i didnt buy my vita day one and why i'm waiting for a special price at black friday.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I'm dissapointed the remote play with PS3 games wasn't available day one, that was a deal breaker for me. Thats the reason why i didnt buy my vita day one and why i'm waiting for a special price at black friday.AgentA-Mi6
If they have full compatibility by then you might not find one lol.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
[QUOTE="darkwolf1982"]Not yet enabled, but PS1 games are the only ones you can currently use for that.. When that feature is fully operational, you're going to have less of a reason to go on a Vita game spending spree as you have a stack of PS3 titles to play. I'm hanging out for Sony to fully activate that one too!

Yeah that might also be a reason you wont ever have a full catalog to play. Sony needs the game revenue and I'm not sure cheaper PS3 games will give them what they need to keep the platform afloat. Besides, I dont think all of them will ever be playable on Vita. Vita may have the analog sticks, but its still missing 4 buttons (L2, R2, L3, R3). Those are key buttons for many PS3 games, especially shooters.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

i wouldnt plan on the remote-play working very well anyways. It doesnt work very well even when using the psp to play ps1 games on the ps3. I tried it, but the lag was horrible (even standing a few feet from my wireless router).

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I cant help but think that the remote play wont happen until closer to the WII U launch. Then they will tout it as "first" and much better, hardcore then the competitors.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I hope it gets implemented for all PS3 games, but I suspect that Sony will once again leave it up to developers to decide whether to put it in. There's more money to be made by selling you both versions as a bundle than letting you remote play.
Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
Their are only a couple games I know of that work... Lair and LEGO Batman are the only ones that I know of... The list will expand in the coming weeks and months...