red dead redemption kills ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hevion
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts

hi

i have a ps3 slim 250gb and its fairly new i think its about 3 months old and i love it and it works perfectly never had any real problems with it.
now i have wanted red dead redemption since it came out yet everywhere i look i find threads saying that the game freezes all the time and u cant get past 20 mins in some cases. some people reported their ps3 refusing to connect to wireless after having rdr freezing on them. others report that all the games after playing rdr start to glitch and freeze. even if they used to work perfectly before! people say it killed their blu ray players. others say ps3 refuses to start after several freezes.

is this problem fixed now? i mean this game is most probly getting game of the year and it freezes and kills ps3? i dont think so.

is there anyone who has my same ps3 model and has never had any problems with this game? is there someone who had this prob and now its fixed? i really love my ps3 and i dont want anything to happen to it.

also is there a possibility that this game will come out on pc?

thanks

chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

why u stressin bout this? if it had such problems it woudlnt of been a critically acclaimed game. it works fine with me

Riwy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Riwy
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts
I have the game and its caused no problems to my PS3 at all. Bugs from the game like the odd glitch and a freeze-up but a restart fixed it but didn't effect my console. I have the big fat 80GB PS3 btw.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
thats a first i heard, u mind posting a link to those ppl who actually saying that? i had red dead since it was released, while it did freeze ONCE on me, but that was it. i didnt find any problems it didnt kill my ps3 and game runs pretty smoothly. and my slim 120gb is a year old too
Hevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hevion

that is some good news. and im stressin about this because these things really scare me. and yeah all rockstar games get critically acclaimed yet all of them are bugged ALOT. i dont need to post any links. if u just google red dead redemption killed my ps3 there are lots of threads. even comments on youtube videos showing freezes and all that. does anyone have a 250gb slim and can confirm that the game didnt fail on it?

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Play Fallout New Vegas. The game freezes atleast once everytime I play it.

yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts
first iv heard of it freezing, works fine for me!
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
Mine never freezed throughout the entire time I played it. I can't even remember a single instance of slowdown and only a little screen tear from time to time. Don't stress dude, if a game were released that killed PS3s it would be recalled.
xiongsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 xiongsy
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts

thanks

Hevion

Yes there is.

http://tinyurl.com/27plqe8

It is a reliable source as everyone including Rockstar Games' employee can send them the info anonymously

bacta_basics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bacta_basics
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts
The game won't harm your system. A lot of people just happened to be playing RDR when their systems failed. You see a lot of threads about Black Ops doing this also. You will always see a bunch of threads about high selling games breaking systems. It's not the games, it's just what more people are likely to be playing when the system does crash.
corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I 100%'d Red Dead and never had a stall or a freeze. No problems here.

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

I completed Red Dead Redemption's story and have had no problems at all, never froze/stalled on me once.

I have the MGS4 80gb Model. Just FYI.

Wisely321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wisely321
Member since 2008 • 686 Posts
played through the whole game and only froze ONCE (I dont know why, but restarting my ps3 solved the prob. it seems like its a bug, and it should be already fixed :)) other than that, it runs smoothly on my ps3 :D
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I haven't had any problems with and this is the first I've heard of any RDR bugs...

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I played through Red Dead Redemption and got 100% in the game and have played alot of multi player and i cant remember even 1 time that the game froze on me.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I've had a few freezes, but nothing horrible. Most of the issues that I've experienced are well-known, such as the Undead Nightmare freeze in Sepulcro.

Hevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hevion

even if it does come out on pc i guess on ps3 its waaay better. gta4 was really bad on pc. some might not agree but i played it on both the ps3 and pc and i have to say the pc one was waay too flawed and lost alot of its quality.
and i guess if u look for threads of freezing you would find threads of freezing. you convinced me. next game im getting is RDR.

ps. whats with this crashing in undead nightmare?? will they fix it?

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

hi

i have a ps3 slim 250gb and its fairly new i think its about 3 months old and i love it and it works perfectly never had any real problems with it.
now i have wanted red dead redemption since it came out yet everywhere i look i find threads saying that the game freezes all the time and u cant get past 20 mins in some cases. some people reported their ps3 refusing to connect to wireless after having rdr freezing on them. others report that all the games after playing rdr start to glitch and freeze. even if they used to work perfectly before! people say it killed their blu ray players. others say ps3 refuses to start after several freezes.

is this problem fixed now? i mean this game is most probly getting game of the year and it freezes and kills ps3? i dont think so.

is there anyone who has my same ps3 model and has never had any problems with this game? is there someone who had this prob and now its fixed? i really love my ps3 and i dont want anything to happen to it.

thanks

Hevion

Im pretty sure no game can kill your system.

Hevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hevion

if your blu ray player starts crashing on any game after you played that one game then it did kill your system...even if after you download a certain patch for a certain game your ps3 refuses to connect to internet then yes it did kill your system. people report that it happens

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

if your blu ray player starts crashing on any game after you played that one game then it did kill your system...even if after you download a certain patch for a certain game your ps3 refuses to connect to internet then yes it did kill your system. people report that it happens

Hevion
But how can a game disc kill the laser? If the disc isnt damaged or dirty or what not, it just cant do anything to it from a technical point of view.
Hevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hevion

yes from a technical point of view it cant...it cant do anything to the player yet people say that it happened. but mst probably those people were careless and had scratched games.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
for the last time, no game, firmware, controller, bluray movie, etc causes the PS3 to break. It was just a coincidence. I could have said RE5 caused my PS3 to ylod but I know that is not the case.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#23 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

The game only froze on me once other then that I had no problems with it and I have a fat 80GB PS3. The people who say it's killed their PS3 are the people who leave it on all the time making the system overheat and I bet it's those people who have poor ventilation for the system.

xfleetstdemonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xfleetstdemonx
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have the same 250GB PS3 slim as you do and by the sound of it i got mine the same time as you did (mine is 4 months old at the time of this post). I am around halfway through RDR and apart from one or two glitches, like the wanted system adding a count of murder to a horse theft when i hadn't even drawn my gun and a woman flailing about in terror, and probably confusion, as she was slowly consumed by the ground, its ran fine. I have read reports of all sorts of glitches but NO glitch, bug or anything in between can physically harm your system in any way. If your worried that some major flaw in the way the game is coded or something will somehow break your system, don't. No game or any SOFTWARE could ever physically harm a systems HARDWARE. No matter how buggy it is or even if it was the worst computer virus known to man. Poorly written or malicious software could damage other software but no matter how badly coded or glitchy a game is, it just doesn't have the access it would need to harm your system. Games Consoles don't work the same as PC'S. At worst a buggy game won't work.
ubpoker123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ubpoker123
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts
If a game works the PS3 to hard, I definitely believe it can **** up your system, no doubt. I don't think the game would be the sole cause of "death" though, more of a wear and tear thing, if you will lol.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
[QUOTE="Hevion"]

tommyas
But how can a game disc kill the laser? If the disc isnt damaged or dirty or what not, it just cant do anything to it from a technical point of view.

a dusty game sitting on PS3 for months or a dusty game on a dusty table = Boom
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
I have a year old 250GB slim and have logged in over 300 hours on RDR, Had about 3 freezes no real issues.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#28 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

No... it really doesn't.

Use your warranty if it's new and get a new PS3.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I haven't had any problems with and this is the first I've heard of any RDR bugs...

MarcRecon

Same here. :P

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

TC, a game can't brick your console. Your console simply broke while you were playing the game, that's all. Current gen consoles are not that reliable...

My first PS3 got Ylod while I was playing SSFIIT HD Remix, does that mean that the game killz consoles? No.

JotaPreisler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JotaPreisler
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts
Mine didnt freeze, but I did get some very noticeable framerate drops in certain towns, its not gamebreaking though
Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Amir29
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

hi

thanks

Hevion

It's important to note that people will not go out of their way to discuss a game works fine all over the internet. If people are going to take the time to post about a game, USUALLY it's about a problem they're having. This is why you're seeing those types of posts. I have played through Red Dead Twice on my 60GB and now playing through it again on my slim. I have NEVER had an issue. As a matter of fact, I never even had the game freeze on me at all. I didn't even notice how stable the game was till now. LOL!

Don't be so worried. The game is fine and will not damage your PS3.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I have the game and its caused no problems to my PS3 at all. Bugs from the game like the odd glitch and a freeze-up but a restart fixed it but didn't effect my console. I have the big fat 80GB PS3 btw.Riwy
bugs and glitch is common in North American games
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My copy of RDR kept freezing in the same exact spot, so I just stopped playing it. Didn't like it enough to start all over. I had more glitches and freezes in RDR than I did in New Vegas.