Red Dead Redemption: EXCELLENT Single player.... FAIL free roam? 9.5???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

Red deads single player was a true representation of the WIld Wild WEst. No problems here.

The multiplayer is lacking. There is such a big space to roam in and so little to do. Much of the solo MINI GAMES like TEXas Holdem... arm wrestling...or even the ability to ROpe and HOGtie somebody has been removed from multiplayer. "quests" from your journal don't update you on screen (as in World of warcraft does) as you progress (you have to keep pressing start and scroll through the menu to find how many more of X you need for your mission.)

Aside from attacking Npc gang hideouts. And pvping vs people in the open. There doesnt seem to be too much to do. Maybe i have high expectations coming from a former MMO player....what do you think???

9.5? singleplayer YES

multiplayer ...... an 8.3

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
i am really enjoying the free roam.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
i am really enjoying the free roam.MethodManFTW
yea me too, its ten times better than GTAIV's mulitplayer. and TC if you dont like free roam, then initiate one of the gameplay modes...
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

i guess i just have really high expectations in what multiplayer should be....coming from world of warcraft really set the bar high...in how organized online gaming should be...

example.... there isn't even a JOIN friend button? we have to constantly send invites to friends...makes me wonder if they even test it?

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I am upset with how the online turned out as well, but with all that aside do not let it ruin your emothions towards the actually game, it got a 9.5 I hope for the single player since I really do not see why people should lower a games score for having poor online.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

single player is amazing, Mp is crap just like IV.

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

I bought this game for the SP. MP is something I will play around with, but I don't really care too much if it's good or bad.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

i guess i just have really high expectations in what multiplayer should be....coming from world of warcraft really set the bar high...in how organized online gaming should be...

example.... there isn't even a JOIN friend button? we have to constantly send invites to friends...makes me wonder if they even test it?

uso_outkast

I haven't picked it up yet, I used to play Wow though.

Your comparing two completely different games, ones an MMO whilest the other is not.

Zombl337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zombl337
Member since 2009 • 327 Posts

I myself am loving the SP, and free roam is calling my name......so far, I feel RDR is an expansion of what GTA4 laid down.

RockStarzAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RockStarzAsia
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Why the hell there's few people playing free roam? or is it my connection? Hard to find somebodeahh in free roam and/or anyother game types in red dead redemption multiplayer. :(

Avatar image for PreparationH123
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PreparationH123
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

it's not your connection, the mp just sucks. They set it up stupidly. This is how to get into a room with a lot of people: Start a possee, get as many people to join as possible, then hit select and go to a dif. free roam room. It brings your possee with, then invite more people from this new room and keep doing this, that's the only way I ever got into a full game of 16 people.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

The online seems pretty lame, not gonna lie.

RockStarzAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RockStarzAsia

thanks that help... but its real super badass hard to have even one player in free roam.. but I'll try thx :)

RockStarzAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RockStarzAsia

and if you are playing rdr online right now, please invite me RockStarzAsia for PSN.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#15 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I'm loving the free roam. It's nice to have something different than the regular run and gun online shooter.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

I have been enjoying the free roam. Dont really know what some of you guys were/are expecting from this. Its a Rockstar game, MP never has been the focus. Its much better then doing what they could have done....include nothing at all.

virus1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 virus1000
Member since 2009 • 10187 Posts

I didnt like MP much either. But game deserves 9.5 just for the SP, MP is just an extra.

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CrispexOps
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts

Let's just face it, Rockstar hasn't yet mastered multiplayer, which is bad for them eventually because gaming is mainly multiplayer now.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

The single player campaign was really good, but the multiplayer is just boring. The trailers said that the single player campaign expands into multiplayer, and that the free roam lobby is something amazing and unique with lots to do ... there is nothing to do straight up. if you could do stuff like rob a bank with your pals or even get on a train ... why did the remove the damn train!?

5 simple things i want that would make the multiplayer last

1) put the train back in 2) put the economy system in the multiplayer 3) bring the lasso 4) extra gang hideouts 5) mini games like poker, i mean really how hard is it to put a texas hold em mode in it would of taken like a week to put poker, hold em and liars dice in.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

The SP is what I got this game for and don't really expect to play MP since I don't for any other game. I might try the co-op when it is released as that is the only modes I play for online games.

roguas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 roguas
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts

single player 8.5 - 9 multiplayer 7 - 7.5 !

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#23 superlobo
Member since 2008 • 599 Posts

The single player campaign was really good, but the multiplayer is just boring. The trailers said that the single player campaign expands into multiplayer, and that the free roam lobby is something amazing and unique with lots to do ... there is nothing to do straight up. if you could do stuff like rob a bank with your pals or even get on a train ... why did the remove the damn train!?

5 simple things i want that would make the multiplayer last

1) put the train back in 2) put the economy system in the multiplayer 3) bring the lasso 4) extra gang hideouts 5) mini games like poker, i mean really how hard is it to put a texas hold em mode in it would of taken like a week to put poker, hold em and liars dice in.

Getix-01

^^^^^^

THIS, put shops and poker and it would be amazing.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#24 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I think free roaming is a lot more fun than doing deathmatch and other modes to be honest.

RockStarzAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RockStarzAsia

thing is, even when they remove that, things **** up I mean i can't find other people in the lobby and a lot of bugs... now what if they add that stuff? It would be more **** up

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

If this game somehow gets single player DLC with jack this deserves 10/10.