[READ BEFORE you post] Sony PSP FAQ (ver.2)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paddy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 paddy12
Member since 2005 • 245 Posts

Coded Arms control setup:

Analog: look around

L-button: move foward

Square and Circle: Move left and right

X button move:back

Triangle: Jump

R button:shoot

do u have to have the controls like this

soz bout the big writing do u have to have controls like this or can u have em like this

Analog: look around

R button:move forward

L-button: move back

Square and Circle: Move left and right

X button:shoot

Triangle: Jump

can u have them like this? plus how do u change ure weapons on it the arrow keys?

Trun0-jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Trun0-jay
Member since 2005 • 4060 Posts

As you guys know ,logic 3 is making a keyboard for the PSP that uses the USB port

well how will that work without using the ' usb connection 'option?

subhumanpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 subhumanpunk
Member since 2005 • 2651 Posts

As you guys know ,logic 3 is making a keyboard for the PSP that uses the USB port

Trun0-jay

im definatly buying it! info for people who dont know what it is http://www.psp411.com/show/product/124/0/Logic_3_PSP_Keyboard.html

Trun0-jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Trun0-jay
Member since 2005 • 4060 Posts
[QUOTE="Trun0-jay"]

subhumanpunk

im definatly buying it! info for people who dont know what it is http://www.psp411.com/show/product/124/0/Logic_3_PSP_Keyboard.html

indeed i mean i could be wrong , the update may have initialized the usb option for all the time

Fastball173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Fastball173
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

hi i like the faq i just have a question i cant find no where.

1. How do i get a wireless connection? (can you give me a step by step walkthrough)

cricketboy2238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 cricketboy2238
Member since 2004 • 5717 Posts

hi i like the faq i just have a question i cant find no where.

1. How do i get a wireless connection? (can you give me a step by step walkthrough)

Fastball173

Assuming you have a wireless network, you can go to the Settings menu and go down to Network, and then create a new profile for your wireless connection. Then, on the next page you can either scan for your wireless network or enter the SSID manually. I would just scan for it as it enters the SSID for you and the PSP keyboard is a bit of a pain to use as a lot of internet browser use has shown. If you have any WEP encryption keys, enter them, or WPA. Also, if you have a MAC filter, your internet services won't work until you add your PSP's MAC into the accepted list in your router. You can find the PSP's MAC address by going into your router configuration and selecting it as accepted. If you haven't already connected to the Wi-Fi network, the PSP's MAC address can be found under Settings>System Settings>System Information. After this, you should be ready to go. Under the Japanese firmware, if you want to get on to the internet, you just go to Internet Browser and select your networks Profile and it will give you detailed information about what it's doing. Of course, after you set up your network in the Network Settings menu you it's always good to test the connection which will be an option at the very end. This way you can make sure that you PSP was added to MAC filters, correct WEP/WPA keys, etc.

Fastball173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Fastball173

i understood everything til u got to the ssid and the wpa what does that mean? and i enter my mac into the psp or a router?

cricketboy2238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 cricketboy2238

i understood everything til u got to the ssid and the wpa what does that mean? and i enter my mac into the psp or a router?

Fastball173

MAC filtering is an added form of security. All 802.11 wireless radio transmissions have several protocols which have different forms of security. The rather recent 802.11i conceptual layer supports TKIP which is an enhanced form of data encryption, as an example. TKIP operates on top of the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) standard. WPA already has improved encryption over WEP (Wired Equivelent Protection) encryption, and TKIP enhances that. Also, there's another supplementary layer to the MAC(Media Access Control) address. Every wireless and wired networking device has a MAC address and is allocated by the vendor. There are no two alike, however determined hackers can spoof MAC addresses. However, if you have WPA TKIP, WPA, or WEP, they'll need to get through that before they get to the physicial router level. If it's too complicated, you can go without a MAC filter (and if you didn't already have one, just leave it off), but make sure you at least have a WEP key. The SSID is the name of your router. That's how you select it when you scan for networks. The part about entering your PSP's MAC address into the router is only necessary if you have a MAC filter. If you don't, or don't know if you do, contact whoever set up your wireless network. If you did it and you don't know if you do, you probably don't have one. What model wireless router do you have? It depends on the router. Like my just-out-of-the-box-15-minutes-ago Linksys WRT54GS supports WPA-TKIP, while the WRT54G doesn't.

Fastball173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Fastball173
does it have to be a wireless router mine is a broadban thingy its just a normal router.
cricketboy2238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cricketboy2238
Yes, it has to be wireless.
Fastball173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Fastball173
so let me redirect the information you just gave me. If i have no wireless router i cannot get any type of wireless connection with my PSP. also if that statment is correct where can i get and how much do wireless routers run? lastly is there any way to connect wirelessly with a broadbann router? thank you for responding to my questions
cricketboy2238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 cricketboy2238

so let me redirect the information you just gave me. If i have no wireless router i cannot get any type of wireless connection with my PSP. also if that statment is correct where can i get and how much do wireless routers run? lastly is there any way to connect wirelessly with a broadbann router? thank you for responding to my questionsFastball173

I generally prefer Linksys because they're very secure. I used ZoneAlarm to test the security of my old D-Link DI-614+ and it let through thousands of intrustion attempts within days. With a Linksys WRT54G, I didn't get a single intrusion attempt after days of use. The Linksys WRT54GS I now have offers support for special Linksys 108mbps devices and offers WPA TKIP security. A friend of mine went through four 54mbps Netgear routers. Randomly they would just screw up and quit working with the LEDs blinking in random patterns. They eventually got a Linksys WRT54G and it works great. Linksys is rather on the expensive side since you can get a wireless D-Link router for $24, but in my years of experience the LInksys's high pricetag is worth it.

SlipNSlide030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SlipNSlide030
Member since 2004 • 516 Posts
i never new that thing that u said john
mark_micallef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mark_micallef
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of board moderator or administrator]
Avatar image for skinless_hobbit
skinless_hobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 skinless_hobbit
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
[QUOTE="Trun0-jay"]

subhumanpunk

im going to try to hook up a keyboard thru a usb cable

here is my setup

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

29-LinkFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 29-LinkFan
Member since 2004 • 143 Posts

One of my games won't run at all, when i put it in, my PSP just makes clicking noises.

P.S. My PSP only does this for that game, nothing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tidus_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Tidus_Beta
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
hey GR8 faq u got here. but i have a question that hasnt come up much!

in past times, there was a way to put a picture into the mp3 so that the psp would show album art/picture when the mp3 is playing! any1 know of how to do this?

cheers
generaltiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 generaltiger
Member since 2005 • 6608 Posts
[QUOTE="subhumanpunk"][QUOTE="Trun0-jay"]

skinless_hobbit

im going to try to hook up a keyboard thru a usb cable

here is my setup

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

lol, don't fry yourself.

Fame36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Fame36
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
When I Network Update.......Then it Says A CONNECTION ERROR HAS OCCURRED (80410D11) HELP
mattzwebnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mattzwebnet
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts
When I Network Update.......Then it Says A CONNECTION ERROR HAS OCCURRED (80410D11) HELP Fame36

Are you connecting to the right network?
Fame36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Fame36
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
[QUOTE="Fame36"]When I Network Update.......Then it Says A CONNECTION ERROR HAS OCCURRED (80410D11) HELP mattzwebnet

Are you connecting to the right network?

YES
Swashy_Richard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Swashy_Richard
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts
sorry but what extension does a video have to be in order to play on the psp?
Marcman2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Marcman2005
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
sorry but what extension does a video have to be in order to play on the psp?Swashy_Richard

MP4
Marcman2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Marcman2005
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
[QUOTE="Swashy_Richard"]sorry but what extension does a video have to be in order to play on the psp?Marcman2005

MP4

Your gonna need a converter which is found on this website (gamespot)
DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DarkKar
Member since 2005 • 6025 Posts

Okay, question..

I read over the FAQ which doesn't answer my question that I came here to see answered..

So first off, congrats to the robocop dude for the great FAQ, :)

And what I need help with is my computer's capabilities to read USB.. It already recognizes my digital camera's usb and loads images just fine, but with my psp's usb, it does not recognize it at all.. I was on the phone with a Sony teleprompter about this and they finally went "Ohh! That's why!" when I told them I had a Windows 98.. Now here's what I want to know.. Are there any programs I can download that would allow my computer to locate my psp's presence..?

XSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 XSF
Member since 2005 • 13433 Posts

So first off, congrats to the robocop dude for the great FAQ, :)

DarkKar

:lol: <3 thanks.

As for the question, windows 98 has trouble with usb devices because of drivers and nothing is plug and play like XP.

Try this driver here:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/20578
DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DarkKar

Your welcome :)

And is there anyway I can download this driver without paying this paypal fee?

InfamousMobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 InfamousMobbs
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
how bout i dont
Dandaman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 Dandaman22
Member since 2005 • 624 Posts
Can someone help me with PSP Video 9, when I plug my PSP in, the E Drive comes up but when I start up PSP Video 9, it says that the PSP in not connected to my PC. Why isn't it reading it?
shadowraeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 shadowraeven
When does that firmware 2.0 comes out?
Theone2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#81 Theone2005
Member since 2005 • 6237 Posts
When does that firmware 2.0 comes out?shadowraeven
Why is there so may questions like this
curleyfryjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 curleyfryjoe
Member since 2004 • 1186 Posts
I'm trying to put music on my PSP but it doesn't seem to work. I formatted my memory stick but now I cant figure out how to get the songs on my PSP. I have my PSP in USB mode and everything, I just dont know how to "drag and drop" the songs onto my PSP though.
triniboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 triniboy
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
look pplz.........the jappenese version is da same thing as the US..........everythnig will b in english or wat da language u hav it in system settetings..............
ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts
This message is old.
triniboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 triniboy
i kno dis does not half 2 do wit anything..........but.......which game u think is great 4 the psp........i dunno which 1 to get
DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DarkKar

I'm trying to put music on my PSP but it doesn't seem to work. I formatted my memory stick but now I cant figure out how to get the songs on my PSP. I have my PSP in USB mode and everything, I just dont know how to "drag and drop" the songs onto my PSP though.curleyfryjoe

I can help you out there..

First you need to pull up your music files on your computer that you want to put on the psp, and they must be in mp3 format.. If you are connected in usb mode, bring up the memory stick in my computer where the psp has been identified, and if there is not a folder already named "music" make one spelled exactly, and just "music" Then, drag the mp3 file, and drop it into the folder and it'll transfer..

:)

curleyfryjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 curleyfryjoe

[QUOTE="curleyfryjoe"]I'm trying to put music on my PSP but it doesn't seem to work. I formatted my memory stick but now I cant figure out how to get the songs on my PSP. I have my PSP in USB mode and everything, I just dont know how to "drag and drop" the songs onto my PSP though.DarkKar

First you need to pull up your music files on your computer that you want to put on the psp, and they must be in mp3 format.. If you are connected in usb mode, bring up the memory stick in my computer where the psp has been identified, and if there is not a folder already named "music" make one spelled exactly, and just "music" Then, drag the mp3 file, and drop it into the folder and it'll transfer..

I have 2 things to say. 1: How do I know if my music files are in MP3 format and 2: I've tried putting music on it before and when I under music in my PSP menu, I could tell that the memory stick had the data on there because there wasn't as much room left as there was before, but I couldn't play any music.

triniboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 triniboy
yo i got the 2.0 jappenese on my psp.......is dat gonna mess up my warranty ......
Theone2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Theone2005
yo i got the 2.0 jappenese on my psp.......is dat gonna mess up my warranty ......triniboy
I think it is....I'm not sure
Dandaman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 Dandaman22
Member since 2005 • 624 Posts
Okay, I have a question. I just manually dragged a movie clip from my computer to my psp drive and there is less space on my memory stick but I can't find it on my PSP, where can it be?
PunjabDaSher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PunjabDaSher
jp 2.00 voids ur warranty for sure
DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DarkKar
[QUOTE="DarkKar"]

[QUOTE="curleyfryjoe"]I'm trying to put music on my PSP but it doesn't seem to work. I formatted my memory stick but now I cant figure out how to get the songs on my PSP. I have my PSP in USB mode and everything, I just dont know how to "drag and drop" the songs onto my PSP though.curleyfryjoe

I have 2 things to say. 1: How do I know if my music files are in MP3 format and 2: I've tried putting music on it before and when I under music in my PSP menu, I could tell that the memory stick had the data on there because there wasn't as much room left as there was before, but I couldn't play any music.

No problem, well there's one of a couple things you could do.. You can right click on the music file and go to properties and see what format it is, you cold look over the image, and see if it's a media file, real player or whatever file, which'd explain why your file isn't working on your psp.. I did this tons of times, and as a matter of fact my Mr.Brightside killers song is on my psp now taking up it's space, but not recognizing, and that is why, it is not mp3 format.. It has to be mp3, or psp will not play it.. That's what happened with you, you put it on there, it's taking up the memory, but it's not showing up, so don't worry, that's just because it's not mp3.. Most downloadable songs are for the majority in mp3, but there are videos and media files that are out there.. And if you're putting cds on your computer, they do not go on as mp3, so that could be another thing.. There are patches and hacks and such you can download that convert video files and songs and such into the formats you need to perform on the psp, and there's a cd version of the thing my friend uses that converts the files, so if you want to you can search around for those.. (Oh and if yo haven't already, get back on the computer with the psp connected, and delete those files in their folder that aren't playing for you, they never will, they're only taking up your space)

Lemme know if you're still having trouble..

curleyfryjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 curleyfryjoe
[QUOTE="curleyfryjoe"][QUOTE="DarkKar"]

[QUOTE="curleyfryjoe"]I'm trying to put music on my PSP but it doesn't seem to work. I formatted my memory stick but now I cant figure out how to get the songs on my PSP. I have my PSP in USB mode and everything, I just dont know how to "drag and drop" the songs onto my PSP though.DarkKar

No problem, well there's one of a couple things you could do.. You can right click on the music file and go to properties and see what format it is, you cold look over the image, and see if it's a media file, real player or whatever file, which'd explain why your file isn't working on your psp.. I did this tons of times, and as a matter of fact my Mr.Brightside killers song is on my psp now taking up it's space, but not recognizing, and that is why, it is not mp3 format.. It has to be mp3, or psp will not play it.. That's what happened with you, you put it on there, it's taking up the memory, but it's not showing up, so don't worry, that's just because it's not mp3.. Most downloadable songs are for the majority in mp3, but there are videos and media files that are out there.. And if you're putting cds on your computer, they do not go on as mp3, so that could be another thing.. There are patches and hacks and such you can download that convert video files and songs and such into the formats you need to perform on the psp, and there's a cd version of the thing my friend uses that converts the files, so if you want to you can search around for those.. (Oh and if yo haven't already, get back on the computer with the psp connected, and delete those files in their folder that aren't playing for you, they never will, they're only taking up your space)

I think I downloaded an MP3 converter, but I won't have time to do stuff with it untill after school. Stupid school.:evil:

By the way, here's the link to the site I downloaded a free trial from. http://www.wma-mp3.com/

Theone2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Theone2005
[QUOTE="curleyfryjoe"][QUOTE="DarkKar"]

too much typing I don't feel like reading It *lazyniess*
curleyfryjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 curleyfryjoe
I used the thing I downloaded and got my songs off of there CD's and converted them and now I have them on my PSP! Hooray!!! Thanks.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#96 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
do you have to pay to use the web browser on 2.0
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#97 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
i have the 2 wire wireless router that bellsouth gave us you should swith to a wireless one if possible like i did
sully87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sully87
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
is there anyway to get AIM on the psp?
sully87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sully87
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Okay, I have a question. I just manually dragged a movie clip from my computer to my psp drive and there is less space on my memory stick but I can't find it on my PSP, where can it be?Dandaman22

u have to put it in mp4 format, so u need a converter i use psp video 9 www.pspvideo9.com its free and it works.
cckkyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cckkyy
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts
This is awesome!!! Thanks a lot