RE5 $20 for PS3 or wait for Director's Cut?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MRIBEME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MRIBEME
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

I know that RE5 got mixed reviews, but I was wondering if you guys thought RE5 was worth $20 for the normal edition or would you recommend waiting for the director's cut that is supposed to be coming out?

Best Buy has RE5 for $19.99 on Black Friday & I was contemplating purchasing it.

Eliminator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Eliminator666
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts
Nah,Resident Evil 5 doesn't even worth your precious $20
JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts

RE 5 is worth about $20.

I would try to rent the game, play it over a weekend and beat it, rather than pay the $20 though.

It's worth playing at least once, you will probably like it, it just has little replay value.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

For some reason RE5 was extremely boring to me, idk how. Re4 was a lot more fun to me. But idk why. lol.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

The Alternative Edition will be coming as DLC so buy it.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Yeh its worth it, i just completed it today and it was amazing! One of the best games ive played! Yet to try co-op online but i will tomorrow and you unlock some cool stuff when youve completed it!

Whats the deal with directors cut, will it include vs and the mansion DLC thats coming out, any link to this?

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts

Yeh its worth it, i just completed it today and it was amazing! One of the best games ive played! Yet to try co-op online but i will tomorrow and you unlock some cool stuff when youve completed it!

Whats the deal with directors cut, will it include vs and the mansion DLC thats coming out, any link to this?

grizzlybear1
The Alternative Edition (Directors Cut) will be DLC outside of Japan. You will need a copy of RE5 standard edition to use it. It will include the mansion scenario with Jill and Chris, with rumors pointing to the mansion having traditional zombie enemies in it, though that and any other content is not confirmed. On PS3 the DLC will also enable Sony Wand controls similar to the controls found in RE4 Wii Edition.
grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

[QUOTE="grizzlybear1"]

thunderf00t

The Alternative Edition (Directors Cut) will be DLC outside of Japan. You will need a copy of RE5 standard edition to use it. It will include the mansion scenario with Jill and Chris, with rumors pointing to the mansion having traditional zombie enemies in it, though that and any other content is not confirmed. On PS3 the DLC will also enable Sony Wand controls similar to the controls found in RE4 Wii Edition.

Yeh cheers for the info. I wish they would put it all on one disc including all the DLC. I hate paying for stuff that you immediatley lose all value off like DLC. I would much prefer to have it on disc!

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
RE5 is well worth $20. I got 50+ hours out of it.
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
I will get the game for 20 :)