Question about new PSN account, transferring DL games, trophy info, etc...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 The__MCP
Member since 2007 • 757 Posts

So if I create a new PSN account will it restart my trophy info, or is this already stored on my HDD on my PS3 regardless of what has been synched to PSN?

Also, if I create a new PSN account, if I leave any games I've paid and downloaded for with my old PSN account, will they transfer to a new PSN account if I leave the game data on my hard drive?

Anyone tried this?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#2 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Trophies won't show up on a new account, as they are tied to the account that earned 'em. I don't think Sony does transferals for those, either.

Games, however, will show up under the new account so long as they are on the hard drive. It should go without saying that you can't download them using the new account, though. Those privileges are reserved for the account that the games were bought on.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 The__MCP
Member since 2007 • 757 Posts

Trophies won't show up on a new account, as they are tied to the account that earned 'em. I don't think Sony does transferals for those, either.

Games, however, will show up under the new account so long as they are on the hard drive. It should go without saying that you can't download them using the new account, though. Those privileges are reserved for the account that the games were bought on.

c_rake

So if I leave all data on my HDD (save games, updates, etc..) and then create a new account, if I had a 100% and a platinum on that game, it won't automatically pick up on this and re-give me the same trophies on the new account?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

So if I leave all data on my HDD (save games, updates, etc..) and then create a new account, if I had a 100% and a platinum on that game, it won't automatically pick up on this and re-give me the same trophies on the new account?The__MCP

No. That data is account-specific. You'd have to re-earn all the trophies again.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts

So if I create a new PSN account will it restart my trophy info, or is this already stored on my HDD on my PS3 regardless of what has been synched to PSN?

Also, if I create a new PSN account, if I leave any games I've paid and downloaded for with my old PSN account, will they transfer to a new PSN account if I leave the game data on my hard drive?

Anyone tried this?

The__MCP

yea, any achievements are tied to the original account regardless of being saved on the HDD. so a new account will not have the same trophy count. games purchased at the store however, can be played if they are saved in the HDD by anohter user.