This topic is locked from further discussion.

new_2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 new_2011
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help out.

I've been playing FIFA10 for several weeks and built my player career upto level 10. I had saved a profile and anytime I loaded the game (UMD), said profile would 'open' and I could continue to save progress etc.

The problem is that since a couple of days, it won't save anything & each time I load the game it asks me if I want to autosave (I click yes) and it takes me to 'build a new career' and won't recognise any loaded profiles (it says there isn't any to load). I don't understand why this is happening as I see some data saved in the 'saved data utility' (or whatever it is called). But it can't seem to locate / find / open this. The other message I get is to ensure I have about 3000Kb available (but I have 7000+ available on my memory stick). Besides, I've tried with other games and it saves progress for these other games but not FIFA10. I am at a complete loss as to why it is doing this with my FIFA game… not to mention terribly frustrating to always have to start at level 1 and no possibility to save progress at all.

Please help!

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Have you tried updating to the latest firmware? You could also try saving all your save files onto your computer and then format the memory card of your PSP. Then put them back in and try to load again.
new_2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 new_2011
Hello! Many thanks for the reply. Yes, I'd already updated it to the latest version. And unfortunately, i must have lost my usb cable as i can't find it anywhere!

I tried again yesterday, creating 2 careers and saving them (visible as saved data in the 'data utility') and when i switch off and back on again, it says nothing is saved, so cannot load anything... :(

MacSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MacSexy
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

Kilobytes...? Okay, what sort of memory stick are we talking here?

I know with my PSP 3000, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max can't autosave, and I have to manually load the files because it was created to work only with a 4 GB max memory stick (before transferring the data, I had a 2 GB stick). So, your problem could be it's too massive of a memory stick for the game to recognize. However, this problem is very unlikely, due to how it's a 2010 game.

Your best bet is still to get a new USB cable for the system and reformat the memory stick after backing up the files on your computer, as previously stated.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
You could also stick the Memory Stick itself into a card reader on your computer, but your best bet is to connect the PSP and use Media Go to backup your data.
new_2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 new_2011
Sorry, brain not working properly. I meant 8GB mem stick.
Thank you for the suggestion re using card reader / sticking the data on my computer! Again, thank you very much for your help!